Espgaluda 2 Port (potentially) announced for J360...?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I dont know any details....but saw a thread over at the Shmups and Cave forums....and that's enough to make me happy.

Yippee Skippee

Last edited:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I just wanna say.

I TOLD YOU KERN

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
lol watch it be like a cell phone game or something instead

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Told me what? They could release a shit ton of awesome games on it I'd still never buy the fucking thing.

BigTinz

Told me what? They could release a shit ton of awesome games on it I'd still never buy the fucking thing.

A few months back you said they'd never release luda2 on consoles.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Great

you caught me out big man

here have a golden star

and a

lollipop

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
I had a feeling that there was an extremely high chance of this getting a port on 360. I'm excited now!

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
So now that just leaves DDPDFK.

Actually there are a couple more that I'd like to see:
Muchi Muchi Pork (could happen?)
Pink Sweets (will never happen...)
Ibara Black Label (hahaha)

But DDPDFK will probably be the extent of it, and that's fine with me.
Just happy to get ESPGII; that alone is great news. I sold my board a while back and miss it something fierce.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Actually there are a couple more that I'd like to see:
Muchi Muchi Pork (could happen?)
Pink Sweets (will never happen...)
Ibara Black Label (hahaha)

But DDPDFK will probably be the extent of it, and that's fine with me.
Just happy to get ESPGII; that alone is great news. I sold my board a while back and miss it something fierce.

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of those 3, if I were you. It's far more likely that we'll see ports of ESPrade, Progear, and Guwange before we see ports of any of those (if ever).

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
I wouldn't hold my breath for any of those 3, if I were you. It's far more likely that we'll see ports of ESPrade, Progear, and Guwange before we see ports of any of those (if ever).
I agree. That's the first thing I thought when I fantasized about all of the other cave games getting a port. I know Pink Sweets will most likely never see a port along with Ibara Black Label. DDPDFK and Muchi Muchi Pork would be very nice and what I hope for, although I don't see any of us lucky enough for a 360 release.

Who knows really...

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Agreed; I'll keep breathing.

Actually though, a MMP port would probably happen before any of the older PGM based stuff. Back when Death Smiles was released, one of Cave's programmers (not Ikeda; I forget the name now) was asked in an interview what port he would most like it see next and MMP was his pick. Not like that guy is calling the shots at Cave but it shows they have thought about it.

(And while I'm dreaming...) if I had to choose, I think I'd rather have some sort of compilation of Guwange/ESPprade with the sort of high-res upgrade we saw on Death Smiles.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Why is it so unlikely those games you guys mention will see a console port. What's the background?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Why is it so unlikely those games you guys mention will see a console port. What's the background?

Because Muchi Muchi Pork, Pink Sweets, and Ibara are some of the least popular Cave shmups in Japan. All 3 were designed by a Cave programmer named Shinobu Yagawa (who used to be one of Raizing's main shmup designers/programmers). 8ing/Raizing stopped developing shmups and let him go, and judging by the performance of his games under Cave, it's no surprise why. What surprises me is that Cave decided to take a chance with him. It's not that his games are "bad", it's just that they cater to a niche within a niche, and it's not very easy to turn a profit that way (especially when said niche is shmups).

It just makes more business sense for Cave to port games that are more likely to sell well without having to tweak the gameplay considerably (like the PS2 port of Ibara).

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Yes. As Hentai Sama said, mainly based on the overall popularity of the games in question.

As for the older games, I personally think it's less likely both because the age of the games and the hardware they are running on. But, one never knows. Go back in time several years and some people thought Ibara would never be ported, or Mushi for that matter.

A lot depends on how well these ports do. Cave is handling these ports (deathsmiles, Mushi Futari, ESPGII) themselves. But if 5pb's port of Ketsui goes well (which also runs on the older PGM hardware), I suppose the door would be open for them to handle other older ports. However, according to recent murmurings on the interwebs, the port will be pushed back as 5pb may no longer be handling it because of unintentional code thieving.

Oh well. Looks like there's plenty of ports coming to tide us over.:drool_2:

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
This is definately good news if it's true. That would just leave DDPDFK as a likely port. I agree everything else probably won't happen unless they can do a straight emulation of them later with more powerful consoles. Who knows, maybe one day we'll see a Cave compilation, but I agree, probably no direct ports.

It's too bad too. I happen to like Pink Sweets. There's someone who owns it locally so I had a chance to play it. Not too many other people like it though. I guess you have to like Raizing gameplay to dig it. The hitboxes are huge, probably one turnoff, but I still like it.

BigTinz

Not that I'll play it....but I really hope they don't fuck this one up too.

Galuda deserves better

Not that I'll play it....but I really hope they don't fuck this one up too.

Galuda deserves better

Fuck up as in DDPBLEX?

My understanding is that the bugfix patch for that one is due within the next couple of weeks.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Fuck up as in DDPBLEX?

My understanding is that the bugfix patch for that one is due within the next couple of weeks.

Remember 5pb is responsible for the DDPBLEX fiasco. I'm holding off on DDPBLEX till when/if said patch gets released. Its been promised for a while now.

Cave proper is putting out Galuda II Black Label.

- TGM

Remember 5pb is responsible for the DDPBLEX fiasco. I'm holding off on DDPBLEX till when/if said patch gets released. Its been promised for a while now.

Cave proper is putting out Galuda II Black Label.

- TGM

But my understanding is that Cave gave an "by the end of August" for the patch at their recent event (when they announced the Futari date). There's also apparently DLC coming for DDPBLEX.

Did Cave "proper" program the Ibara port that everyone likes to bag on?

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
But my understanding is that Cave gave an "by the end of August" for the patch at their recent event (when they announced the Futari date). There's also apparently DLC coming for DDPBLEX.

Did Cave "proper" program the Ibara port that everyone likes to bag on?

I believe so. But let's remember that this came out on the PS2 hardware. The PS2 is/was great hardware, but it had/has its limitations. Some of the "faults" with the Ibara port can be attributed to the PS2 hardware limitations.

(And before anyone accuses me of hating on the PS2, I own 4 of them and "yes" they all work properly.)

I'd recommend keeping the recent 360 port of DeathSmiles as the current bar.

- TGM