Thread: Pardon the English...

In search of monsters to destroy

Pardon the English...

Would any of the kind German speaking forum members help me on something? My wife's maiden name is German and it seems like they had a tough time figuring out what it meant if anything.

The surname is Fessenbecker.

Becker of course is a common surname meaning Baker, but I can't find any references to what Fessen could be. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Would any of the kind German speaking forum members help me on something? My wife's maiden name is German and it seems like they had a tough time figuring out what it meant if anything.

The surname is Fessenbecker.

Becker of course is a common surname meaning Baker, but I can't find any references to what Fessen could be. Any ideas?
    Fessenbecker is a relatively uncommon German surname that can be found in the south-western part of Germany, namely the Rhine-Neckar region. "Fessen" or Feßen is the name of an ancient type of wheat, actually it's the precursor strain of it. Fessenbecker (or "Feßenbäcker" to be more precise) thus refers to a person who bakes bread with flour made of Fessen.
    Check out my new tracks:

Kleines Licht | stage2.TS0401 | Bleepliebe | d-Unit 77 (Rev2) | x.1103 | Nix Verbaut | Slutty Atom | Fanfare | Weg | Transformator

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

In search of monsters to destroy

Quote Originally Posted by Takumaji View Post
    Fessenbecker is a relatively uncommon German surname that can be found in the south-western part of Germany, namely the Rhine-Neckar region. "Fessen" or Feßen is the name of an ancient type of wheat, actually it's the precursor strain of it. Fessenbecker (or "Feßenbäcker" to be more precise) thus refers to a person who bakes bread with flour made of Fessen.
    Awesome info, sorry I was too lazy to type the esset. In any case, I owe you a beer whenever I get a chance to travel to Germany.

icon30.gif

How do you know all that Tak? Dang.

Armored Scrum Object

1st - Tak is one of the most educated people I know

2nd - if I remember right, ancestry research is one of his fields of interest
    Dampfwalze
    (official Metal Slug maniac)

Neo-Geo.com: Don't try to fuck with us, or we will show you where the Barthel the Most holt!

Quote Originally Posted by Dampfwalze View Post
    2nd - if I remember right, ancestry research is one of his fields of interest
    Yup.

* blushes *

I seem to be able to keep tons of silly details in my brain, maybe that's because I'm usually too lazy to take notes or re-read information so I try to memorize it...
    Last edited by Takumaji; 07-19-2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Check out my new tracks:

Kleines Licht | stage2.TS0401 | Bleepliebe | d-Unit 77 (Rev2) | x.1103 | Nix Verbaut | Slutty Atom | Fanfare | Weg | Transformator

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,
    I AM A HUMAN BEING!

Oh my gosh Tak, I think I should bow in the face of your awesomeness. I'm a huge fan of researching last names but what you just did just owned me hard.
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS
    Thank you SNK-P for bringing KOF back to the its roots and away from that weaboo sissy shit.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

icon94.gif

What's a kold schnitzel?
    Awesome people i've dealt with: Atrophyed, MKL, Weevus, AndyH, Domino-Chan, channelmaniac, StellaKing, RATM, Lovergoat, Circa2113

Thread Information