Ronaldo 9

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
That's an unusually ignorant comment from you.

There are fans, serious fans, for teams that aren't local in any sport. I spend quite a bit of time at a Liverpool bar, even though I'm here in the states. I don't really care for Liverpool, but there are a lot of fans who do.

If I wanted to, I could watch soccer all day, every day. I have the Fox Soccer Network, Setanta, Gol Tv. Maybe you have more? Who cares. I watch the games that aren't on tv over the internet.

Valencia is just the team I like in Spain. I would have loved to watch them play a match with the team they had last season. But I am not that crazy about them as you might be for Benfica and maybe that has to do with where I live as well. However, I know way more about Valencia than I do about the local soccer team, DC United.

I think you didn't catch my drift :)

What I wanted to say is, in comparison to your comments, I could "root for" any of your country Baseball teams.
I enjoy that sport more than 99% of my fellow Europeans.
But who to root for ? whom to support ? It's what I'm saying.
I don't live there. I can never understand the "magic" of Baseball in it's true self and even If I follow day and night baseball in a hardcore fashion, I feel myself unlikely to dispute arguments with 99,9% of north Americans.

I told you to don't take it to the chest, respecting you as well as I intended to tell you by my words that it's weird to have such a view of european football coming from there.
I know you guys have a professional league getting greater every year, but it's undeniable that football ( or soccer if you prefer ) is like the 5th or 6th sport in USA if not below those ranks.

Football for southern Europe countries = religion

Get what I'm sayin ? :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think you didn't catch my drift :)

What I wanted to say is, in comparison to your comments, I could "root for" any of your country Baseball teams.
I enjoy that sport more than 99% of my fellow Europeans.
But who to root for ? whom to support ? It's what I'm saying.
I don't live there. I can never understand the "magic" of Baseball in it's true self and even If I follow day and night baseball in a hardcore fashion, I feel myself unlikely to dispute arguments with 99,9% of north Americans.

I told you to don't take it to the chest, respecting you as well as I intended to tell you by my words that it's weird to have such a view of european football coming from there.
I know you guys have a professional league getting greater every year, but it's undeniable that football ( or soccer if you prefer ) is like the 5th or 6th sport in USA if not below those ranks.

I get what you're saying, but it's pretty stupid to discount my understanding of football based on my location.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Most people in the states follow European and South American Soccer more then they follow the mls. It will always be that way. I'm also a Benficista and I follow the Super Liga. I have no clue whats going on in the mls. I don't think the mls is getting greater nor will it ever surpass European and South American Football.