Galcon - awesome multiplayer game
Lux DLX - risk
Reign of Swords - kind of like Advance Wars
iDracula - reminds me of Diablo a bit, but all shooter
Trace - free physics game
Textropolis - sort of like Boggle
Topple - sort of like Topple
Touch Physics - Crayon Physics
Baseball Superstars '09 - Baseball Stars?
Yahtzee Adventure - If you like Yahtzee, you'll like this
Trivial Pursuit - Duh
DoodleJump - Fun/simple game using the accelerometer
Zombieville USA - Very simple rail shooter of sorts
Sally's Salon - Don't laugh, good fun.
Sally's Spa - Same.
Baseball Slugger - Homerun derby.
Tradewinds 2 - Pirates!

Pretty good:
Fish Tycoon - Breed fish
FS5 Hockey - Air Hockey. It's free and fun two-player
Heavy Mach - Metal Slug in vehicles
Hero of Sparta - God of War wannabe
Monopoly - Duh
Labyrinth - Duh
iShoot - Scorched Earth clone that lacks a lot
Rolando - Braid meets Katamari... kinda
Oregon Trail - Duh
Tap Defense - Another tower defense
Lemonade Tycoon - Duh
Stick Wars - Duh
Build-A-Lot - Much like Sally's Spa/Salon, but with buildings
Flight Control - Air traffic control
Defender Chronicles - Pretty neat take on tower defense
Knights Onrush - Stick wars w/ better graphics, but not as fun IMO

Snooze:
Flick Fishing - Fishing
Real Soccer 09 - Soccer
Slotz - Slotcar racing
Monster Trucks Nitro - Duh
Leaf Trombone- Play music with your microphone
9 Innings- Crappy baseball game
iHunt 3D - Hunting
Star Defense - Yet another take on tower defense... 3D

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Dude you guys need to get Seven Swords.

http://7swords.jp/

It's the first full formed 3D MMORPG I've seen so far with fantastic customizable character models running at nearly full frame rate and free camera. Right now it's in pre-release form, evidently you can go to battle in Colloseums, and then just roam around freely in the town.

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Dude you guys need to get Seven Swords.

http://7swords.jp/

It's the first full formed 3D MMORPG I've seen so far with fantastic customizable character models running at nearly full frame rate and free camera. Right now it's in pre-release form, evidently you can go to battle in Colloseums, and then just roam around freely in the town.

I really do not want to play an MMORPG on my cell phone. Sounds painful. iPhone games are ones I can pick up on the shitter, get a few minutes of fun on, and put away for another few days.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Wild West Pinball is kind of fun. One table traditional pinball and its free.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Pipe Mania is .99 for the weekend..is supposed to be very good.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Have you guys tried Quiz Game Land? It's an adventure quiz game in the lines of Quiz and Dragons, but with more varied gameplay and focused only on video game culture. Has some Neo related questions too!
http://www.undercoders.com/Quiz-Game-Land.html

Also on my iTouch I mainly enjoy playing Edge and Flight Control.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
While neither are games, I recommend picking up AppMiner and or Pandora Box. both are app trackers that let you know when new stuff comes out and more importantly when prices drop. ther are a lot of "one day only" sales and these Apps are invaluable for finging them.

blueraven

n00b
I am also waiting for Trillian Astra. has been a 2 year project...

Games:

Crystal Defenders
Crystal Defenders 2
Vay
Bomberman I
Bomberman II - Both of these were too expensive. 2-player wifi option is cool, but i cant get anyone else to buy it...

F.A.S.T. (I never should have bought this, amazing but I dont like flight sims and never play it)

My two cents

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Doom Resurrection is on sale for 2.99 (down from 9.99)..totally worth it.
On my phone presently:

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

Last edited:

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
glad i found this thread! Just bought an iphone to go with my ipod classic (want all iphone space for my games and such music/audio books will remain on ipod)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Mahjong Bu e Youkoso! (Welcome to the Mahjong Club!) is on sale for $0.99, Mahjong Bu e Youkoso! 2 (Welcome to the Mahjong Club! 2) is on sale for $1.99.

Hudson's Mahjong Police had been too expensive for me at $9.99, so I was looking around and found this by accident --- I think it was in the "People who bought this app also bought:" list. AI's not too bad, and the hand dealt seems to be random, not a predetermined one.

Oh and Silent Hill: The Escape is on sale for $0.99. Gorgeous graphics, simple gameplay, but quite creepy, great use of ambient sound and music.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I finally started seriously shopping for a phone that does three things: web surf, play games, and has medical oriented aps. Unfortunately, as much as I LOATHE touch screen typing, the iphone is probably my best choice. I used one for close to 45 minutes in the store before the people in the store basically said buy one or leave, and I left quite impressed. Still hated typing in urls, but the sirfing was fast and the interface worked brilliantly.

The next day I went go go buy one, but they were sold out of 32gbs.

Oh well, I'll be trying some of these games soon I hope.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I just picked up an Ipod Touch. Right now I am playing a lot of Peggle and Mr. Driller. Peggle is fantastic and while I enjoy Mr. Driller, the controls do take a while to get use to.

I picked up four or five other cheap games and will list them out once I get a chance to play them.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Now that I have had a chance to play some games, here are some that I enjoy the most.

Spikey-Excellent puzzle game for a .99.

Lucky Coins-if you like Peggle, you will probably like this. .99

TowerBloxx, great game and has a cool two player vs (one system) mode. .99

Rescue Angels-Free, if you like Bloons, you will like this.

Rockchinko-Rip off of Peggle but still decent. .99

Bubble Pang-Free, great game if you like the series (Buster Bros, Pomping World)

Sneezies-If you have kids, this is a fun game. .99

Bounce On, I really like this game it is more expensive, so you may want to try out the demo. 3.99

Cows in Space-Fantastic game by the same company that does, spikey and lucky coins. Try out the demo. .99

BlasterBall-Free, this is similar to Buster Bros.

Happy Face Popper-Again, this is similar to Buster Bros. .99

Against the Fire-This is by the company that does Alive4Ever and it controls the same way. Very good game. .99

Blade Angel-I think it is okay but if you are looking for a Metal Slug rip off, you may want to look into this. .99

Also, just a heads up, a good portion of Gamelofts games are .99 right now.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up about Bubble Pang, Gameoz. Fun little time-waster, and I was a big fan of arcade and SFC Pang back in the day.

I just picked up Samurai, which is a fun little game I'd recommend.

samurai-iphone.jpg

Yes, he's decapitating that guy in the pic. Lots of nice dismembering and splitting people from end to end. It also has an interesting and easy control scheme.

And for any comic book fans out there, I highly recommend Comixology (try the lite version) and "Comics by Comixology."

With Comixology, you can check out ALL the upcoming week's comics, look at all of the covers, and some even have free previews you can read.
comixology.png

And the "Comics by Comixology" lets you download and read comics on the iPhone. The way they have it set up works surprisingly well. And for the $1 price of the app, it starts you off with about 50 free comics you can download, including the first issues of Walking Dead and Invincible. Yeah, a number of the other comics are jobbers, but there are a bunch of interesting indie titles I might not otherwise have seen, and it's an outstanding value for the price.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
That comics app makes me wish I had an iphone. I wish they were available through Verizon.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Dungeon Hunter (Gameloft) is now out at $6.99. I usually don't buy games for more than a couple of dollars but this game is fantastic, if you like Baulder's Gate type games.

Also if you are into the Touchmaster type games (bar touch games) check out MegaTouch as they have a few very addictive touch games.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up about Bubble Pang, Gameoz. Fun little time-waster, and I was a big fan of arcade and SFC Pang back in the day.

I just picked up Samurai, which is a fun little game I'd recommend.

samurai-iphone.jpg

Yes, he's decapitating that guy in the pic. Lots of nice dismembering and splitting people from end to end. It also has an interesting and easy control scheme.

And for any comic book fans out there, I highly recommend Comixology (try the lite version) and "Comics by Comixology."

With Comixology, you can check out ALL the upcoming week's comics, look at all of the covers, and some even have free previews you can read.
comixology.png

And the "Comics by Comixology" lets you download and read comics on the iPhone. The way they have it set up works surprisingly well. And for the $1 price of the app, it starts you off with about 50 free comics you can download, including the first issues of Walking Dead and Invincible. Yeah, a number of the other comics are jobbers, but there are a bunch of interesting indie titles I might not otherwise have seen, and it's an outstanding value for the price.

Since you like that style of game, you should give Blaster Ball a down load then. It is a free game and plays like Bubble Pang.

Also Happy Face Popper by Hudson is a similar game for .99. I am not saying they are as good but they are the same style.

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Another +1 for the Comics by Comixology App. They have enough free issues to more than make the App worthwhile. Made sitting in the airport the other day fly by pretty quickly.

Another good one is the Kindle App. You don't need a Kindle to use the app, and Amazon tosses up enough free books that eventually something worthwhile will appear in a genre that you follow. I read a lot of fantasy novels and have snagged at least 6 ebooks for free via Kindle.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Another good one is the Kindle App. You don't need a Kindle to use the app, and Amazon tosses up enough free books that eventually something worthwhile will appear in a genre that you follow. I read a lot of fantasy novels and have snagged at least 6 ebooks for free via Kindle.
You have Stanza also, right?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I do, but to be honest I don't particulary use it that often...don't really have the desire to read most out of copyright and/or self published books. Additionally since I also own a Kindle2, and buy books for it, having the iphone and kindle sync with each other (where you leave off on the kindle pops up on the iphone and vice versa) is pretty darn cool.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I do, but to be honest I don't particulary use it that often...don't really have the desire to read most out of copyright and/or self published books. Additionally since I also own a Kindle2, and buy books for it, having the iphone and kindle sync with each other (where you leave off on the kindle pops up on the iphone and vice versa) is pretty darn cool.
You can read anything on Stanza...pretty much any format, including Kindle books, I believe.

Plus, Amazon can't remotely remove books from Stanza like they did with Kindle users who had bought George Orwell novels.

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
You can read anything on Stanza...pretty much any format, including Kindle books, I believe.

Plus, Amazon can't remotely remove books from Stanza like they did with Kindle users who had bought George Orwell novels.

I don't believe you can read Kindle books on the Stanza..can't see any functionality and googling it seems to indicate that you can't either. Kindle books have DRM that Stanza would have to support.

Ironically though, Amazon bouhgt Stanza back in April, so who knows what the future holds.