Ipod Touch / Iphone Games: Official thread

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Metal Slug 2 was just released for the iOS, so now the trilogy from pre-Playmore SNK is complete… hope there are plans to release X.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I picked up the Ultra Galaxy pinball game (whatever the exact name of it is). It's a free download, but only about 30 seconds into playing a game, it will prompt you to make an in-app purchase of the full version ($2.99). I find this kind of annoying because I would have just bought the full version to begin with, but they only have the free version available and make you do it this way.

Anyway, as a pinball game, calling it average might even be a little generous. It's okay. Not as good as The Deep or something by any means. The table is pretty basic and you can't change the view at all. What's weirder is that you are stuck in landscape view, so everything is kind of smooshed down in perspective and you can never get a good look at the rear of the table.

But

It's the only game on the app store with an Ultraman theme, it's full of Ultraman sound effects, pictures, etc. So I would have bought it regardless. And I would not say it is without fun. It's average. And if someone is an Ultraman fan, add half a point to whatever score I realize I didn't give.

bokmeow

Anyone else playing Zookeeper Battle? I'm getting mad into this now, and racking up lots of different in-game items as bragging rights.

bokmeow

Metal Slug X had been added to the iTunes store a couple of weeks ago. All the Metal Slug installments from the pre-SNK Playmore era have been now emulated for the iOS.

bugula

Member,
thanks for the heads up on zookeeper battle. loved the game to death on DS and was excited to see you mention it's on iOS.

crap, i either suck supremely or the cheat is in full effect on it. :D

bokmeow

KONAMI just released a new installment of DDR on the iOS a couple days ago (14 Feb. 2013) — DDR Dance Wars.

It uses the Japanese GREE server to do asynchronous online battle. If anyone is interested in playing this game, PM me your email address so that I can send you an invitation. It looks like the person sending out invitation receive referral rewards, and the person receiving invitation receive bonus rewards (I think, it's not well documented).

Last edited: