What games have problems with the super mvs converter II

neosoldier

n00b
What are the games that have problems with this converter?, also what is this scaling issue I keep reading about?

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
the scaling issue is when the camera zooms out you get distorted characters ,it is anoying i used to have a convertor 2.

i used to notice it quite bad on real bout special and last blade.ive never had any other issued whilst using games that didnt use the zoom function or diffrent plains.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The consistency of the converter is horrible. Sometimes someone gets one that works great and sometimes people have ones with issues. The Phantom-1 is still a great option as well but only problem with it is the connectors are too damn tight when inserting and removing the cart.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I just recently got my super converter 2 (2-3 weeks ago) and there is no scaling issues at all.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
The only game that I know has issues outside of scaling is Metal Slug X. It will only work on a 5-3 board and will refuse to boot on anything else.

The scaling issue is with the converter and not any particular game, ie when the screen zooms out it pixelates as do the background characters in KoF games.

If you can handle the scaling issue then by all means go for it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The only game that I know has issues outside of scaling is Metal Slug X. It will only work on a 5-3 board and will refuse to boot on anything else.

The scaling issue is with the converter and not any particular game, ie when the screen zooms out it pixelates as do the background characters in KoF games.

If you can handle the scaling issue then by all means go for it.

It's only because your AES needs a stronger PSU to power the game, system and converter. A PSU with at least 15 watts should do just fine.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
It's only because your AES needs a stronger PSU to power the game, system and converter. A PSU with at least 15 watts should do just fine.
So does that mean that the special AC in the NeoStore will allow non 5-3 systems to play MSX? I was under the impression that only a 5-3 could play it even if the other systems have the special adapter.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
5-3 refers to the power supply not the board revision. 5-3 refers to +5v@3A PSU (15 watts), not the 5-3 board revision.

The other boards that are non +5v take a +9v,+10v,+11v power supply but all 3 will work with a +9v supply. The problem with the SNK PSU for those systems is that they are very weak the Neo-Pow-3 is only 7.7/10 watts and the Pro-Pow-E is 10 watts.

With the SC2 the units will pull more than what they supply so this causes the problems with the games. Any unit with the +5v supply is fine. While the others need a different PSU to function properly. The PSU they tell you to use is expensive and there are other places that sell replacement PSUs for less.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
5-3 refers to the power supply not the board revision. 5-3 refers to +5v@3A PSU (15 watts), not the 5-3 board revision.

The other boards that are non +5v take a +9v,+10v,+11v power supply but all 3 will work with a +9v supply. The problem with the SNK PSU for those systems is that they are very weak the Neo-Pow-3 is only 7.7/10 watts and the Pro-Pow-E is 10 watts.

With the SC2 the units will pull more than what they supply so this causes the problems with the games. Any unit with the +5v supply is fine. While the others need a different PSU to function properly. The PSU they tell you to use is expensive and there are other places that sell replacement PSUs for less.

Is that what causes the pixelation?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nope, the scaling and pixelation problems is purely the SC2. This is why it is so inconsistent in results. The fact that there is a "tuning" knob also shows that inconsistency.

There is no reason and evidence that would say that the scaling issues are with a certain board revision with the exception of a 3-6 which has the interference on the RGB lines from the clock.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The scaling issue with the SCII that bothers me to high heaven is the pixelation of the characters on the second fighting plane of the Fatal Fury games ( RBFF2,RBFF,FFSPECIAL & RB2). I also had problems with KOF2K3 resets from time to time.
BB

What are the games that have problems with this converter?, also what is this scaling issue I keep reading about?