Scribblenauts

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
There's an undeniable silly charm to this game.

I've watched a bunch of videos and still don't even really know what you're suppose to do and yet I still want it very badly.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
There's an undeniable silly charm to this game.

I've watched a bunch of videos and still don't even really know what you're suppose to do and yet I still want it very badly.

"Game"?

If I want to indulge in fantasy all I have to do is think about it. Up there. In that noggin I have.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Preordered. I'm not sure which I'm more excited about...the game or the rooster hat bonus item.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
So this is out tomorrow, huh? Man, I can hardly wait. This has been a hell of a great year for portables, but this game looks better than most.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sounds like the biggest problem the game has is the touch screen controls. Don't see why they didn't have an option for the D-Pad and Buttons. But other then that the game looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it for all of the stuff you can have in the game. Hopefully it will sell well and the second game will improve on what they have in the game now.

HeartlessNinny

I'm really loving this game, but man, it desperately could have used a 'undo' button. There have already been countless times when I've duffed the level because I accidentally tapped the wrong thingamajig.

But the puzzle mode is really a hell of a lot of fun. I'm guessing that this'll be over all too soon — I've already cleared two of the 10 areas.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
The first day I had the game, I got a real kick out of typing God then typing Satan. So far, God has always won. You can also type heaven and hell.

The game is pretty tough, especially if you try to replay the same stage where there may only be one good solution to a puzzle. The game does let you get away with certain things like using helicopter, chopper, and copter for one stage I was on. Seems like there's a lot of replay value, which I guess is what the game designers were looking for.

Jon

HeartlessNinny

Yeah, this game is a lot harder than I expected.

I've actually started to get pretty frustrated with some of the later stages. Some of the goals in the puzzle mode are very unclear. Worse yet, sometimes a solution will be pretty obvious, but the objects I make don't do what I'd want them to do.

Here's an example: In one stage, you have to reunite some penguins on an ice flow with one on land. There's a whale in the middle, and you can't harm the whale. I made a bridge across, but I can't make the penguins move across the bridge. That's just annoying.

Still, it's a pretty cool game. Here's a fun tip: Type in 'nuke' or 'nuclear bomb', light the fuse, then run like hell. :lolz:

Neist

n00b
The control issues haven't been too horrible for me, but I think lack of creativity on some levels really has it against me.

If you aren't a very creative person, some of the levels may be nigh impossible.

HeartlessNinny

I hate to say it, but I'm actually becoming pretty bored with this game already. There's little incentive to carry on, since there aren't really any rewards for solving puzzles (except unlocking more puzzles).

A lot of 'em have the same solution, too. Summon God to kill an enemy, use a jetpack to jump high, use a black hole to obliterate things in your way. Need to move something? Chopper with a rope on it.

I find I either hit a brick wall or solve the puzzles in seconds. Overall, I'd say this game has some really cool ideas, and I don't regret getting it, but it's more disappointing than I'd expected. I'll probably enjoy titles like Persona PSP and Half Minute Hero a lot more in the long run, and this will remain a novelty, albeit an interesting one.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with the controls and physics. I hated how the ants in the hippie/sandwich level could go by a mountain or cliff, but couldn't advance past a tiny bottle of powder. So when I did the three-in-a-row run, I used powder, sleeping powder, cleaning powder, powdery powder... It gets kinda stale. I use Pegasus to fly around since it's small and maneuverable and can stay airborne indefinitely, and the lasso to grab high-up things... Well, it certainly has a very neat concept, so I hope the next one is better.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is this what really passes for innovative these days???

I mean holy shit, Kings Quest came out like 20 years ago.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I played this at a friends a couple days back, got bored after the tutorials pretty much, its cool but .. but meh.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
How did you guys do 1-11 in the action stages? Im stuck.

HeartlessNinny

Heh, that's pretty cool.

But despite the coolness, this game dropped off my radar (and therefore my play schedule) completely very quickly after it came out. Bit of a shame, but I don't have much interest in checking it out again any time soon, and I only played through about half the game. Normally I don't do that, but there's no real reason to solve everything here, and I find some of the puzzles more frustrating than satisfying later on.

Moogle

n00b
Man. Everything I've read about this game seems to be a mixed bag. I was thinking about picking it up for my wife, but Heartless Ninny makes me think otherwise...

HeartlessNinny

Man. Everything I've read about this game seems to be a mixed bag. I was thinking about picking it up for my wife, but Heartless Ninny makes me think otherwise...

Well, if you don't expect too much from it, it can be a fun diversion. But nothing more than that, really, which is too bad.

Moogle

n00b
Well, if you don't expect too much from it, it can be a fun diversion. But nothing more than that, really, which is too bad.

Yeah, it is. It sounded like it had a lot of promise. I want more than a fun diversion out of my games. I wanna be pulled in!