MVS convertor question

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I've had my Gold system since about 1991.

I want to order the The Super MVS Convertor II so that I can play MVS carts on my USA AES.

Do I need to also order the powersupply with the converter? Does it plug into the converter or does it replace the AES powersupply?

Also to those of you with this converter, are you happy with it?

Thanks!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Also to those of you with this converter, are you happy with it?

They aren't bad. Do a search on the subject it's been discussed...a lot.

I had one, I eventually just made the move to a cmvs. If space isin't an issue consider a cab or cmvs. If space is an issue...like I said they aren't bad.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
u would just order the converter by itself. u would only order the power supply if u get the converter and it turns out u need it. it's unlikely you'll need it though. it replaces the original power supply.
I have a super mvs 2 and I'm fairly happy with it. The console I have is very suited to it though- u might have a different experience with it. The only real problem I have with it is the scaling issues on games like last blade, samurai shodown etc. But I only find it annoying on the last blade games. I also have a 2-slot which I'm consolizing, so I can play the games without scaling if I want to.
Personally I'd recommend the super mvs 2, but it depends on how well it would work on your system, and a lot of people on this board would disagree with me and say u should get a CMVS or a cab.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Here's all of the technical info I posted in the other SCII thread

In my experience the SCII is absolutely worth it for someone with AES and no desire for a CMVS/cab. If you're into scaling fighting games like WakuWaku 7, SamSho or Last Blade it's kind of a bummer due to the scaling corruption, but they're still playable and all other games play perfectly.

Honestly, if you're serious about the Neo and have the cash+room, I'd just get a cheap cab as that's the best way to play. If you're just playing for fun and don't really care how you play the games, then grab that SCII right now. :)