US release of Raiden IV now official

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wow, this one snuck up on me, forgot it was coming out this soon and now I guess the one preorder bundle is gone. I really got to pick up this and Aces. I think I'll go for Aces first. I was a little disappointed with Raiden 3 but I loved playing Fighters 1 in the arcade, so I'll pick up that one first.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
oh crap I did'nt realize this was out. I bet Gamestop wont even have it though. They dont have shit anymore and they've gotten even worse, which I didn't think was possible.
Just for the record both I and Kid Aphex bought our copies from Gamestop. Worth a shot. The guy working at the one I went to barely knew what I was talking about.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
yeah, the gamestop by me had 3 copies, despite the fact their website locator claimed no store within 100 miles carried the game.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Yeah I didn't preorder the game either, I just managed to find it in the first Gamestop I checked. I think all Gamestop copies right now are the limited edition that include the OST.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
Just wanted to share with everyone, UFO Games kind of quietly released a "Secret File of Raiden IV" pdf file from their website. It contains some cool high-res artwork, technical drawings of enemies, damage tables, and reveals the locations of some of the Sol towers.

http://www.podcast198x.com/downloads/the-secrets-of-raiden-iv/ for a DL link.

So i gess that secret code they gave me to download this was pointless:lolz:

Thanks for the link cause i kept forgetting to download it :)

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Pretty cool that they included the extra INH stuff for the American release of this. Copies are surprisingly easy to come by, too.

Also, this game owns me. A lot.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Is Raiden IV coming out on the PS3? If I did get a next gen system, it would probably be a PS3 (to use as a blu-ray player for my TV).

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Is Raiden IV coming out on the PS3? If I did get a next gen system, it would probably be a PS3 (to use as a blu-ray player for my TV).
Nah. And not surprisingly either. 360 is the shooter system.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Nah. And not surprisingly either. 360 is the shooter system.
I refuse to buy a 360. Microsoft sucks. I'd rather spend the money for the Raiden 4 arcade board than buy a 360.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
Now back to raiden...

Im kinda surprised but it seems like Raiden IV has more people in the leader boards than any of the aces games. Considering how long aces came out, and the price difference I would have expected the opposite.

I can't remember if i took the time to go all the way to the bottom of the Aces boards, but I think I did. Then again the quick scroll on Raiden IV skips 70 places while Aces only does 10, it could all be in my head. Anyone with sales numbers?

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Im kinda surprised but it seems like Raiden IV has more people in the leader boards than any of the aces games. Considering how long aces came out, and the price difference I would have expected the opposite.

That's because the US and JP version of Aces has seperate leaderboards. Raiden IV shares the same leaderboard for both versions.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
I thought both had US only leaderboards.

thanks for that nugget, it explains why my scores are ranked much lower in Raiden IV as well :)

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I refuse to buy a 360. Microsoft sucks. I'd rather spend the money for the Raiden 4 arcade board than buy a 360.
Keep fighting the good fight while us heathens suckle at Bill Gates' teet.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
I noticed last night that using fully charged secondary weapon attacks gives a visible scoring bonus. Also I noticed that as long as you are shooting the power ups kind of hover towards the top end of the screen but the second you stop shooting the power ups almost chase you down. Everyone else probably already knew this but it was new for me. Anybody else notice any interesting gameplay elements??

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Is the purple beam EVER worth a shit? Seriously, I really, really despise getting it. Almost wish I could disable it. Almost cracked 12M. Just working at it.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Is the purple beam EVER worth a shit? Seriously, I really, really despise getting it. Almost wish I could disable it. Almost cracked 12M. Just working at it.

i end up using the purple homing laser in the last few levels, but usually switch out before boss time.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member

I like using the proton laser (i.e. the one that's NOT the horrible lock-on laser) for 1-6. Everything else it really isn't needed for.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
>_< I kind of like the lock-on laser.

Anyway, IV is definitely a step up from III. 1-1 and 1-2 are really easy - I can usually get through without dying at all. I forget what my top score is atm, but I show up pretty low on the leaderboards when I tried the ranking mode. 780 or something. I suck.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Finally broke 10 million. But I'm hitting a wall at the last few sections of 1-3.