SNK Playmore interview - Part 1

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Yes, while here is probably an obscure object, pachislot business is THE entertainment in japan.
I.e. SEGA too is really present with arcades floors filled with that stuff (Starwars and mostly Evangelion /HokutoNoKen are really popular despite the years), and the ratio toward traditional games is completely unbalanced, just need a walk around there to see it.

IMO being part of that business is a smart move for a gaming company... of course if in the end well paired with a gaming R&D dept! ;)

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Woah, great article indeed!

Huuurm... I still think that if SNKP really wants to the king of arcades as it once was, it should completelly focus on arcade releases and forget about ports... but that's just me, :P

Good to see they still have great plans for the future, though, :)

El Cernex

Really Impressive,

Good written.

It gives me a good feeling, that SNKP was so kind to You lettin You do this Interview
and the nice Photos. Still a Gamer owned and operrated Company.

Huuurm... I still think that if SNKP really wants to the king of arcades as it once was, it should completelly focus on arcade releases and forget about ports... but that's just me, :P

El Cernex

I Think the Ports are just a good Thing, a lot people don`t have the access to an Arcade featuring the Latest Beat em Ups. Or can afford tu purchase quiet actual Arcade Hardware. As long as the Ports are in that good quality.

And like they say Taito Type X Hardware is PC based and easy to Port, so they have less work, we get a good Port and buy it. SNKP earns Money and keep it going...

SNK 4 EVER

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Massimiliano, I have just read the interview, and wish to thank you for your interview!

Fantastic job.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Great interview! Thank you very much for your hard work, massimiliano! Can you publish the second part of the interview now that KoF XII has been released on home consoles? Do you think it would still be possible to send new questions to SNKP?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wow, this was a great read.

Kudos to all those who made this happen, I await part 2!:)

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi!

Sorry for not answering some question lately, I changed town, work and many other things during the summer, and still a lot awaits me :(

Anyway, the long awaited home version of KOF is now out even in Europe, and everybody is sure able to judge the final product by theirselves.

This makes the few omitted questions, all related to that game quite outdated but sure I'll post them asap, at least just for the records.

On the other hand, SNK was lately literally overwhelmed by KOF XII arcade and home release, and the situation made me think about wait for a better/calm moment to ask for their time.
I'm now working on a possible second run of questions with my contacts, this time unrelated from actual business, but more focused on neogeo period/past.
For those who followed the first interview from the beginning, they sure now that this approach could make the second one more "compatible" with marketing section, possibly leading to a more smooth process.

in my opinion an official comment about rental transition , or some prototype/special-hardware origin, or even just some episode about some game could be sure interesting stuff do you agree?

Please post any suggestion then!

Massi

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think you are using very wise judgement here. Let's remind them that we as a community respect their legacy as a company. It does no good to hit them with more complaints from the international community at this time. I can't wait to see what you can uncover about the history of Neo Geo. I know we all really appreciate it.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I'm sure that the Metal Slug fans on this forum would like to know this :

Will the next arcade installment of Metal Slug ("Metal Slug HD"?) be a remake of the original Metal Slug or an entirely new game?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Is that building still there?.didn't they move?.

360heelflip

Kula's Candy
Great interview thus far and great photos!! Can't wait for part II. Can't wait to see the SNK building in person when I'm in Japan in 2011! Is it easy to find? Will be my first time to Japan :D Nothing but AES hunting for me while there :D

P.S.

Thanks for all the hard work; it was a really insightful interview.

Respect for the BURZUM albums in your sig! Hope "The White God" ablum will be good! also respect for VON, one of my fave bands!

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Great interview thus far and great photos!! Can't wait for part II. Can't wait to see the SNK building in person when I'm in Japan in 2011! Is it easy to find? Will be my first time to Japan Nothing but AES hunting for me while there

You're so lucky.if i was in japan,i would do the same thing.what i whant to know is,if the snk building is still there or even looks the same?.i mean didn't they move after the collapse of the original snk?.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I totally agree that those photos were a real treat. I always get a kick out of seeing pics of the NeoGeo SNK HQ building (which is perhaps the ultimate NeoGeo heirloom right?!). It’s also refreshing to see SNKP staying strong and busy with their many ventures.

You know, I've said this before and I'll say it again: Imagine if we could pool our resources together to have SNKP finish Last Blade 3, Magician Lord 2, or Mark of the Wolves 2 but specifically for the NeoGeo. .

that would be cool, i wouldnt even mind paying lots for MOTW2 being released on home cart or mvs even if its only 75 percent complete

Great article massimiliano, i finally got round to downloading adobe reader so i could finally read it
loved some of those posters and as soon as i saw that street it remind me of kof98
it must have been a cool experience, i once phoned up SNK europe when they were in london about a few games and that was cool enough

anyway thanks again