SNK Playmore interview - Part 1

Z

ZanEiKen

Hello everyone,

Although I've been lurking here for the longest time, today I decided to register and all, because I wanted to thank massimiliano, Shawn and everyone else for the huge effort and nice work on the interview. Those pictures are really really neat, you guys almost made me cry (of happiness), haha.

I'll be looking forward to read the second part of the inverview :)

Again, thank you very much :D

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Very interesting read. Thanks to all involved! (Would love to read about Euro Kizuna though :drool:)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Thanks for all the hard work. Always good to know more about SNK.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Great read... kind of interesting to see the mention of a shooter now that we have KOF the Shooter.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Great read... kind of interesting to see the mention of a shooter now that we have KOF the Shooter.

I honestly felt like a sucker when we were laughing about it, but yeah "THE KING OF FIGHTERS - SKY STAGE" later on has been officially announced (the interview took place on 12/26/2008) and will probably see the light :eek:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/consumer/xbox360.php

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Massimiliano ... man you came THROUGH !!!

Last edited:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Great job! The NGCD in the break room tickled me for some reason. Great to hear about Metal Slug too. Thanks for the article! :)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Awesome interview. So nice of them to recognize the fans and know we still care and want more. It sounds like if they could make more games they would which is a shame really.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Great article! :buttrock: I would love it if they released new games on the original Neo, which probably won't happen, but I'm glad to at least hear that they are still focused on actual arcade games. I was worried they would only do straight to home releases, like Slug 7 and maybe even do DLC games with watered down difficulty and overly long gameplay. Glad to see they are on the right track with classic 2D games released in the arcade first.

aria

Former Moderator
Great work, Massimiliano!!!

--I admit I was a little skeptical when you first announced your plan (just because I had a hunch it would take time and diligence to get the interview with SNK due to the language barrier, their conservative nature, etc), but I'm so happy this worked out well.

And thanks for getting this up, Shawn :)

We miss you :p

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Thanks massimiliano, very enjoyable read :)

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This is indeed a treat to read! Thanks a bunch Massimiliano and Shawn for making this a reality!

GAMEFAN

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
BTW: "We are fully aware that our fans are waiting for many of our sagas to continue. We won't leave behind our stories and characters, as they are our real treasure..."

I line to remember in doubtful times...

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Nothing to add that has not already been said. Many thanks, Massimiliano!
As I understand, SNK PR Dept took 5 months to approve this interview for publishing?:eek:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
an update on the home page is indeed exciting...
great article btw
also tht neo cd is surrounded in a sea of Wii's

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
thanks to all involved.
nice read.
looking forward to pt II

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
*Reads interview*

D:

The end of the article left me thirsty for more! That was such an interesting read! I can't wait for Part 2!

Great job Massimiliano and Shawn! Great job! :buttrock: