Beast Busters 64

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
In all the talk on the Hyper Neo Geo 64 , and all the boards I see for sale, I've never come across any talk / sales for Beast Busters: Second Nightmare.

The only HNG 64 game I have had the ability to play was Beast Busters. I found a cabinet back in 2004 in a resort / hotel in Vail, Colorado. Was out there for U.S Freeskiing Open, and I walked into the mini arcade.

Having heard / read about the Hyper system, of course I gave the machine a go. It was in such bad shape that the player start button had wires exposed from a crack in the cabinet itself. Realizing the severed wire was crucial to playing the game, I did the hotel a favor and spliced and twisted them back together, using scotch tape as my securing device. A REAL BANG UP JOB if you ask me!

Overall I loved the game. Sunk in quarter after quarter until I beat it, then started right @ the beginning. Flew back to VT a week later, and its the last Hyper setup I have ever seen.

So my question is, does anyone know if you can modify the board w/ a supergun to allow the game to be played w/o the gun assembly?

I'd love to have this game in my collection, but I cant find any info to tell me if its possible

Anthony

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you read a couple threads down you would see Neoturfmasta's thread about it.

gameaholic

DO NOT DEAL WITH ME! I STILL OWE STUFF TO MEMBERS!
Tough One

It's going to be tough to wire this into a super gun because of those stupid guns...I never saw a hyper system until I purchased one a while back... I have all 4 hyper fighters and like all of them....

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
If you read a couple threads down you would see Neoturfmasta's thread about it.

Really? Not trying to sound like an ass, but there isnt any Beast Busters thread in this part of the forum, and none started by neoturfmasta, unless I am missing something?

Has anyone ever heard of it even being possible to wire the system up so that it can use a standard controller to run? Id love this game, but sounds like its hard, if not impossible, to pull off

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Seriously? You might need to change your forum settings then:

hyperk.jpg

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121592

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Ill check my settings, since the last thread that shows up in this forum is from 4/11/2009

thats why I never saw anything, until you bumped it up to the top

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
the forums 'date cutoff' (which i had never known to exist) was causing me to not see 80% of this forum

thanks

People will tell you it's pretty much impossible, but it isn't. You just need to know how. I had spoken to Neoturfmasta a long time ago about adapting my copy of Beast Busters 2, but I have yet to do it since I'm not very experienced with arcade machines.

If you liked the game as much as I did, I'd go pick up a copy because these things aren't getting any easier (or cheaper) to find.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I just might have to buy one.

I wish there was a tech document on how to modify it. I can work on alot, but I am shit when it comes to working out how to do it. If I just had a step by step I could do the work