Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So for those who own or have owned or played the game please rate it. Keep in mind this is a very challenging game.

kspiff

Cheng's Errand Boy
I didn't have the full kit with trackball (played it in MAME) and I'd still give it a 7... thus I bumped the score given to an 8 guessing that it is slightly better with a real trackball (maybe 8.5, but it wasn't an option).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a fun game and very challenging but the thing I miss the most was the dedicated cabs. When you hit the side with your stick the thing blows air in your face.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
I'd give it a solid 8. I've only really played it trough MAME, because I haven't had a chance to play it any other way. I do have a trackball on my dedicated MAME cabinet, so it really does make playing the game much more enjoyable.

.....it is a fun and great challenge!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm surprised that not that many people have played this game.

If you have a unibios 2.3 (maybe 2.2) you can use your joystick.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Or I could just play something more interesting instead :make_fac:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I like it. But have you played irritating stick for PS1? Now that is irritating, even harder.

Wasn't that like those "hot wire" games you see at fairs and kids festivals? Haven't played it but I remember an article about it in the import section of a vg mag. Do you know who made it?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It was made by Jaleco. And yes it is exactly like the one at the state fairs.

aria

Former Moderator
I played the full kit back when it was at the LV Hilton about 10 years ago. I've written about it before (I remember writing a review on DolphinLord's Yahoo Club, the predecessor to this forum), and I'll summarize:

The premise is just a tension filled game of get the ball through the maze with the track ball before time runs out. The cool (or very annoying) part of the game is that when you screw up (by touching any wall), the air jets blast you. If you're not ready, it's startling as hell the first time. If you're like me, and you get really locked-in/focused on games like this, its a bit annoying. Gimmicky game, anyone playing it on mame or any other nonsense without the airjets is absolutely not getting the full experience.

6/10

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Gave it an 8. It's a well-made game, just too short. I've only played it with the Unibios joystick cheat. The last leg of the last stage is impossible to clear with the joystick (it can't go fast enough to clear some of the last obstacles) so you have to turn the difficulty down to pass it. Otherwise, it's surprisingly playable with the joystick. It's easy to forget what you're missing.