Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The Neo Geo's Compatibility with Your TV

Crazed MVS Addict

icon16.gif

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    In this case it is very likely the scart socket is only wired for RGB. Simply plugging in an adapter like that is pretty much doing nothing but you don't need an encoder of any sort if you have a Sony PVM. (unless your PVM doesn't have RGB inputs, what model do you have?) You will need a scart rgb to BNC cable like this.
    https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/...onverter-cable
    Awesome! Thank you! I picked up a set of SCART>RGB cables very similar to the ones you linked and it works like a charm!

IMG_20160428_214104_zpsv4y17xb4.jpg
    IMG_20160428_215154_zps3arnbm2x.jpg
    IMG_20160428_214844_zps8kdwwclo.jpg
    IMG_20160428_214324_zpsjte68acc.jpg

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Awesome! Enjoy that lovely RGB image.

Now featuring Aussie Tunes!

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Looks really great! Your black levels (brightness knob) look a little high; you want to turn it down just so that the black of Haohmaru's hair is completely dark (no lines visible in the black area).

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mikejmoffitt View Post
    Looks really great! Your black levels (brightness knob) look a little high; you want to turn it down just so that the black of Haohmaru's hair is completely dark (no lines visible in the black area).
    Cool, thank you! I'll play around with that to see if I can fix.

Has anyone used a 4K TV to play neo geo?
    Any lag?
    Or framemeister and 4K?
    Any info would be appreciated!

Raiden's Valet

I use framemeister and 4K projector time to time. Framemeister scales to 720p and I let the projector do the rest of the scaling. And yes, tons of lag, framemeister + about 30ms from the screen. But its playable.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Ninja Combat Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by mastamuzz View Post
    Has anyone used a 4K TV to play neo geo?
    Any lag?
    Or framemeister and 4K?
    Any info would be appreciated!
    i play both aes / omega through a framemeister (also set to 720p) on a 4k panel (samsung f9090, set to gamemode) - i canīt "see & feel" any lags...

Thanks for the info guys I am undecided still cause the newer the technology the more incompatible it becomes with 240 res machines.

Cheng's Errand Boy

I see that most Samsung's over 42" will sync to 240p - however, has anybody used any new Panasonics?

Say like this one: http://shop.panasonic.com/tvs/4k-tvs...1&cgid=all-tvs

Cheng's Errand Boy

CONFIRMED!! 50" Samsung LED (model: UN50J5200)

Perfect picture and stable as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRetro87 View Post
    nice to see you got it working... but "perfect"? Hell no, that shit is stretched to hell... can you put it into 4:3 mode?
    How's the lag?

Kyo's Flame

Last edited by ResO; 07-08-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    nice to see you got it working... but "perfect"? Hell no, that shit is stretched to hell... can you put it into 4:3 mode?
    How's the lag?
    Perfect picture as in sharp, clean, non-pixelated and with scanlines? Hell F***ing no lol. But perfect as in working, with no judder, no scrambled picture, and very playable? Absolutely

I'm sure there's a bit of lag somewhere, but I haven't noticed anything honestly. It plays just how my eyes see it on my JVC CRT

Cham Cham's Banana

I can't do lag and whatever I've tried eg. Framemeister, it never looks as good as on a good CRT when you're loading these up on 50' plus LCDs etc.
    Looking for:
    MVS - Samurai Shodown V Special, Matrimelee.
    Atomiswave - Samurai VI, Metal Slug VI.
    Dreamcast PAL Console.

Crazed MVS Addict

I tried mine on my Sony HX850 and picture is fine.

Timid Neo Newbie

NTSC here and using a ShinyBow SB-2840 SCART to YUV converter and things are primarily peachy, but I do see some tearing here and there on certain screens (generally a quick "versus" type screen that displays who is versus who in a fighting game might tear a little at the top of the screen), but it is primarily perfect on my Sony KV-27FS100L CRT TV. When I was using a lesser name brand SCART converter, things were tearing much more and was not playable. If anyone needs any more information surrounding this setup, just ask.

Lazy SNK Employee

I hope this is the wright place to ask a compatibility question. Ive been a Neo player both AES and CD for a long time but due to health problems its been about 5 years since Ive plugged in and turned on both consoles. Now Im having some issues with my AES and I'm not sure if its an issues with the TV, console or the cables, hopefully somebody will no. Im using the normal multi pin socket on the back of the AES for all the leads and Ive enclosed some pictures of the three cables I have and the TV Im using. Now the issues Im having is the picture displays perfect but the sound is the problem, the sound works OK but as you go along it'll screech high pitched then go back to normal then a 20 seconds later it'll screech again. Now I no the cable are pretty rubbish ones but thats all I have at the moment and Im not sure if the console, cables or TV at fault. Hope somebody can help, thanks in advance.

Well Ive had to add a bit on to this original message as for some reason it won't let me upload the pictures but I have three cables all with the multi pin one end and then one goes to two phonos (video and audio), the second to three phonos (video, left and right audio) and the third to a scart with a 3.5mm headphone. With all these cables I get this screeching just hope somebody can help and sorry if this is in the wrong place!
    Last edited by neotucker; 06-20-2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Had to add to the message as couldn't upload all the photos
    - Twitter @mattyjjenkins
    - InstaGram @mattyjjenkins
    - Switch FC SW 3140 6927 3419
    - PSN mattyjjenkins

Lazy SNK Employee

- Twitter @mattyjjenkins
    - InstaGram @mattyjjenkins
    - Switch FC SW 3140 6927 3419
    - PSN mattyjjenkins

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by GTRetro87 View Post
    CONFIRMED!! 50" Samsung LED (model: UN50J5200)

LED Colors are great they're pretty much as good as CRT to me. If someone made a 50" 4:3 low resolution oled I could finally get rid of crts as I don't care about scanlines at all just proper blacks and aspect ratios.

Timid Neo Newbie

Is there a consensus on what is the correct combination of resistors and or capacitors to use on the RGB and sync lines when connecting a consolized MVS to a framemeister?

Thread Information