sam showdown 3 anyone?

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
just got this a while back... its pretty damn fun.. i know its looked on as the black sheep in the family... but i think its pretty solid .. anywho..

when you counter an attack and it displays a % thats ALWAYS triple digits... wtf does that actually mean?? if anything...

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I think you get a damage bonus when you counter, which is what those numbers mean. Counter +125% means you do +25% damage with that attack...I could be wrong, though...that's always what I thought it meant.

I love the music and art (characters & backgrounds) in SSIII, but the hit detection, small roster and balance leave a bit to be desired. It's still a fun game to play.

I think only SSVS has better character portraits than SSIII.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
yea best part for me is the art and animation. it's great when you can just look at the characters and be entertained by their movements.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
samurai 3 is a really special game to me. At the end of the day, I still prefer SS2, but I'll take 3 to any SS game after it. 4,5,5s,and 6 all seem to be missing something 3 has.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Its the darkest samsho imo. The level and charachter design is on point.

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy

dear god this is true... i'm having to open all the windows and shine a spotlight at the tv to see whats goin on... i kinda like it...except ukyos' stage... its cool bein on a boat.. but the background is just some green swamp color...

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I think only SSVS has better character portraits than SSIII.

Agreed with the general sentiment that SS3 is a flawed masterpiece, but if you want truly dark out of the series, as well as phenomenal character design and portraits, Asura Zanmaden/Warriors Rage for the Hyper Neogeo 64 fits the bill perfectly. Severely underplayed and underappreciated gem. Once you learn the flow of the game, though, it's amazing.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Best Samurai Shodown game ever, <3 it.

*beer edit*

Also, the autumn version of Nakoruru's stage is one of the best fighting game backgounds I have ever seen, the dragonflies steal the show. They are even of a species that apperars in late summer ffs!

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
A lot of people give Sam Sho III shit but I fucking love it. The damage is way high but you learn to deal with it (same thing with another one of my favorite Neo games, KOF '95). Visually, it's my favorite of the series. The BGs are great and the new new characters are some of the best in the series. I absolutely love the sound (effects and otherwise) in III. Zankuro can be a total prick but it wouldn't be an SNK game if the boss wasn't a pain in the ass.

As said before the PSX port is total ass. Load time bonanza with a side of where the fuck did all the frames go.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Best Samurai Shodown game ever, <3 it.

*beer edit*

Also, the autumn version of Nakoruru's stage is one of the best fighting game backgounds I have ever seen, the dragonflies steal the show. They are even of a species that apperars in late summer ffs!

Exactly, the attention to detail is amazing. SS3 has an ambiance that none of the others could match.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This games the shit, learn the closeAB swap infinites, they are for the most part hella easy and broke the game immediately.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Love the game, despite the flaws.

Vs CPU is insane. Brutal. They don't make 'em like this any more.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I nabbed this with my cab and it's a great time. My wife and I prefer IV for sentimental reasons (we played it while we were dating :emb:), but III does kick ass.

The guy who sold it to me kept saying it was SamSho II...I guess he was looking at the white spaces in between the roman numerals or something. I lol'd inside. :lolz: