I like ramen; do you like ramen?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Schmoo

Ghastly, decapitated heads that first appeared in Konami's 1997 Sony Playstation Castlevania: Symphony of The Night (Japanese title: "Akumajo Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku", or "Demon Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight") video game. Schmoos float about the book-lined corridors of the Reversed Long Library area in a haphazard manner, colliding with, and injuring, unwelcome visitors. Assuming you've encountered at least one specimen, Schmoo is catalogued as entry #99 in the Master Librarian's enemy list, where it is rather unimaginatively described as 'Monster nicknamed "schmoo"'. They are ranked at experience level 28, have 50 hit points (HP), and have a base experience point value of 1,000 (the amount you'll actually receive is dependent on what level Alucard is currently at--if you're also a level 28 character, you'll get that exact value, if you're below that, you'll get more than 1,000 experience points per Schmoo kill; on the other hand, if you're above level 28, you'll get progressively less, all the way down to a measly 1 experience point at level 43 and above). Being undead, they are particularly vulnerable to "fire" and "holy" based attacks; however, as Schmoos don't have many HPs to begin with, and a defense rating of zero, it's probably not worth the time or effort to try to take advantage of said weaknesses. After destroying a Schmoo, you might get one of two rare item drops (having a high luck rating increases the likelihood of obtaining these objects). The first, a bowl of delicious Chinese ramen noodles, can restore 30 of the hero's hit points. The second, the Crissaegrim sword, is a fearsome blade that slices enemies to ribbons with ease--indeed, this is widely regarded as the most powerful/effective weapon in the entire game. While it doesn't have the highest attack power, the sword's ability to hit multiple times with each stroke, long reach, and zero recovery time make it an edged weapon without peer.

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white glue, dog hair (the animal was not harmed in acquiring it), nail polish, acrylic/watercolor paint, and marker.

Dimensions:
3.2 cm/1.3 in. x 3.2 cm/1.3 in. (widest point x highest point)

Time:
Roughly half a day on April 3, 2009.

SotN_schmoo.jpg

For comparison purposes, below is the Schmoo game sprite from the Castlevania: Symphony of The Night video game.

SotN_schmoo_game.gif

Blade Master

The reanimated skeleton of an expert duelist that first appeared in Konami's 1993 NEC PC-Engine: Turbo Duo Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, or Akumajo Dracula X: Circle of Blood video game--however, my figure is based on the 1997 Sony Playstation Castlevania: Symphony of The Night (Japanese title: "Akumajo Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku", or "Demon Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in The Moonlight") version of the character. Appropriately, given their profession, Blade Masters can be found prowling the grounds of the Coliseum area, just itching for someone to test their skills against. Upon sighting an unwilling sparring partner, a Blade Master will immediately engage, dazzling its adversary with both aerobatics and swordplay. Assuming you've encountered at least one specimen, Blade Master is catalogued as entry #69 in the Master Librarian's enemy list, where it is described as 'Master of twin-bladed combat'. They are ranked at experience level 17, have 65 hit points (HP), and have a base experience point value of 80 (the amount you'll actually receive is dependent on what level Alucard is currently at--if you're also a level 17 character, you'll get that exact value, if you're below that, you'll get more than 80 experience points per Blade Master kill; on the other hand, if you're above level 17, you'll get progressively less, all the way down to a measly 1 experience point at level 26 and above). Undead entities, they are particularly vulnerable to "holy" based attacks. After destroying a Blade Master, you might get one of two rare item drops (having a high luck rating increases the likelihood of obtaining these objects). The first, a Shotel, is a sickle-shaped sword that, in addition to being swung in a traditional manner, can be thrown in a boomerang-like fashion by inputting the command: down, down-towards, towards + attack. The second, the Cross Shuriken, is a single-use projectile that inflicts considerable damage upon impact. In other Castlevania titles, this recurring enemy sometimes bears the moniker Skeleton Blaze rather than Blade Master.

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white/hot glue, wire twist ties, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
2.7 cm/1.1 in. x 6.8 cm/2.7 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Twenty-two points: Neck (2), pauldrons (2), shoulders (2), elbows (4), wrists (2), mid-torso, waist, hips (2), knees (4), and ankles (2).

Time:
Six days; April 5-13, 2009--no work was performed on 9, 11, or 12.

SotN_bm.jpg

SotN_bm_fab.jpg

For comparison purposes, below are some images of Blade Masters from the Castlevania: Symphony of The Night video game.

SotN_bm_game.gif

SotN_bm_screen.png

groupshot041309.jpg

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Those look amazing!
When I first clicked the thread I was thinking, "Ramen?!? Now there's spambots in Creative too!":lolz:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Fantastic looking work. I'm amazed at the detail you are able to create in figures of such a small scale. Love the skeleton blade master. :buttrock:

@M

20 Year Member
Thanks for the comments!

I haven't played it, but Handyman is also in TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (aka TimeSplitters 3).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
SotN_schmoo_game.gif

Looks more like a bloody bag over a head than a skull to me.

@M

20 Year Member
LoneSage: Yup, I grossly misinterpreted the game sprite. For some reason, possibly the Mode-7 like distortion on the sprite's movements, I've always perceived it as a head with hair. But, now that you, and a number of other people, have pointed it out to me, I can see the sack thing going on.