Hello, MVS newbie here.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
I just wanted to introduce myself and show off the new cab that I'm proud of. I got my first cab about 6 months ago but I finally got an official cab last week and it blows my old one out of the water. I found it on craigs list for $350 and it came with MS, MSX, Shock Troopers, and Bust-A-Move Again. My projects in the very near future are replacing the buttons and sticks with new HAPP parts and getting an MV-IC board for mem card support. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you and searching the topics for knowledge. See you around!

P3050015.jpg

P3050026.jpg

P2280010.jpg

P2280011.jpg

And here's a pic of my old cab :make_fac:
PICT0471.jpg

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hey hey, welcome!

I must say you got a KILLER deal on that cab! :buttrock:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Congratulations. Good call on the memory card.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Welcome! Sweet cab:buttrock:

Damn $350 I keep checking craigslist myself.

Great find!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Welcome to teh drama!Good deal especially with those games included.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Welcome to teh Drama.

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you and searching the topics for knowledge. See you around!

Wow, I think we may have a future candidate for Best 2009 Member of the year on his 2nd post.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
:lol: I hope that's not the only requirement of being Member of the Year.

I just realized that I meant to introduce myself but didn't. I live in OC and work for a sunglass manufacturer. I'm an email correspondent there and other than that I like to play a lot of video games :buttrock: . We have a 360 and Wii at work which makes lunch hour more bearable.

I'm a console and handheld gamer/collector and especially a fan of the Saturn. On a forum where I met Chewy, he and a couple other guys inadvertently turned me on to Neo Geo and arcades when I was looking up how to mod my Saturn. The biggest influence was when I discovered that Arcades use cartridges when I had always assumed games were fixed on arcades. I think the MVS is giving me a real appreciation about the hardware of a system. I think it's cool that there's a lot of people that are passionate about the scene and willing to help others out. I don't regret getting one now, but I kind of fear my appetite to keep collecting.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Congratulations. I saw that cab on craigslist, Mission Viejo right? Glad someone here picked it up. Welcome. :D

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
Which Orange County (there's a few throughout the US)?

I just picked up my first cab last week for $500 with Samurai Shodown and KoF2k. The best part was that I got it from an arcade I used to frequent /all/ the time when it was still open (Pac-man Arcade in Pasadena, CA), so it's quite likely a cab I have put many many quarters through already.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
Orange County, California; more specifically Westminster. I guess this is a good area to look for Arcades because I always see TONS on craigs list. What kinda cab did you get malkie?

Spazmonkey

Another Striker
Which Orange County (there's a few throughout the US)?

I just picked up my first cab last week for $500 with Samurai Shodown and KoF2k. The best part was that I got it from an arcade I used to frequent /all/ the time when it was still open (Pac-man Arcade in Pasadena, CA), so it's quite likely a cab I have put many many quarters through already.

Wow, I got my cab from them too, I live just down the street, in South Pasadena! Small world.

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
Orange County, California; more specifically Westminster. I guess this is a good area to look for Arcades because I always see TONS on craigs list. What kinda cab did you get malkie?

I'm in Anaheim myself. And yeah, I see a TON of stuff on Craigslist. A lot in bad shape, or overinflated, pricewise though.

The cab I picked up is a (as near as I can tell) original Neo Geo 2 slot red cab. In shockingly good shape, considering the arcade it was at (PacMan games tended to get abused).

Wow, I got my cab from them too, I live just down the street, in South Pasadena! Small world.

I used to work for Earthlink in Pasadena, so my co-workers and I spent a lot of time (and a mountain of quarters) there. I work in Azusa now, though I live in Anaheim. Since I'm in an apartment, the cab is being stored in the warehouse at my work. Works out well enough though, means I have tools around for working on it, and at least my lunch breaks are /awesome/.

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
Hey, anyone know why I can't create a new topic? It's terribly annoying to try and find a topic that's close enough to what I might want to ask.

Mrandersonjr

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You need 10 posts,before you can make a topic,I live in the pasadena area of LA,BTW...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Wow that is a really great deal, especially considering you've got some of the best games in there and BAM can go for over $100 loose. Cab looks sweet, welcome.

The previous cab owner obviously knew that X > 2 as well.