Pier Solar, Brand New MegaDrive/Genny RPG

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If the footage of their latest video is to be believed, they played an actual Genesis cart on a Genesis Model one with a 32X, and a Model two Sega CD. My question is, how does the system know to load both the cart and the enhanced audio CD at the same time? I don't think they've answered this question properly at all. As near as I can remember, there were no official releases that had a feature even remotely similar to this.

Jon
The Mega Drive is capable of accessing the CD via instructions from the cartridge. The Sega CD boot screen can be foregone entirely that way.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Bump

http://www.piersolar.com/pier-solar-news.php

In January, the US version got sold out. The only version left is the Japanese version, which indeed works on your Genesis and PAL Mega Drive. As we've said before, we won't produce more copies of this run, but Pier Solar will be available in the future. In what way or form will be decided when we are done and have released this Mega Drive/Genesis version.

They still haven't started the beta testing yet, but I can't wait for the release:buttrock:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Does anyone know if it's compatible with the CDX or X'EYE?

The only reason I ask is I know my Pro CDX & CD+ PLUS are not. Totally different things from an actual game.

Just wondering:scratch:

Its supposed to be and they want it to be, they had beta testing last month, havent heard back the results. I know Beggar Ptince would only work on a model one or two Genesis, but they did it that way on purpose because they didnt want it dumped to easily.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Its supposed to be and they want it to be, they had beta testing last month, havent heard back the results. I know Beggar Ptince would only work on a model one or two Genesis, but they did it that way on purpose because they didnt want it dumped to easily.

Beggar Prince also works on the Laseractive Sega Pack.

JS

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Bump

http://www.piersolar.com/pier-solar-news.php

They still haven't started the beta testing yet, but I can't wait for the release:buttrock:

Yeah, apparently they haven't finished selecting testers yet, either. If you signed up there's still a chance you might get picked for the job.

I thoroughly enjoyed the demo and can't wait for this to finally be released. Beggar Prince was good, but it'll be nice to play an entirely new Genesis title.

It sucks the US version sold out though, I really shouldn't have slept on preordering the game, I'm stuck with the JP release.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
The third revision of Beggar Prince works on all Sega Genesis/Megadrive models including the LAseractive, X'Eye and CDX.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I want the Japanese one because it works in Japanese and English, and those are the two languages I can read. That's the one I preordered last year.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Wow, this is the first I've heard of this game, but it looks great from the screenshots!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Got my email too. Can't wait. The demo already makes it possibly the best RPG for the console.

Retro2DGamer

Crossed Swords Squire
Wow, looks like it's sold out already, at least when attempting to order it from the site.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Wow, looks like it's sold out already, at least when attempting to order it from the site.
Yeah, the preorders have been sold out for a while. I guess for this game they'll have to do another run soon.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, the preorders have been sold out for a while. I guess for this game they'll have to do another run soon.

From what it sounds like, this may be the only run of the game.

Glad I have a copy on the way too.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I've been looking forward to the game for some time. It's shipping from China so, I'm guessing about two weeks to get here.

By the way, I was a beta tester for the last month of testing. You guys are going to love it.:mr_t:

Jon

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
makes me want to get a genesis. i don't remember what happened to my old one.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sucks it doesnt run on emulators or I might have picked up a Genmobile.

I have an svideo modded genny ready to go. I think the CD sound changes the entire experience.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Fuuuuuck I forgot about this and put off preordering.:crying:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump

I apologize for digging up old stuff, but I had difficulties locating the thread discussing the HD port to current consoles. I just now noticed that the PS3 and PS4 versions were released late last month and are available for download. Wii U, 360, and XBone versions are due before the end of the year.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I heard there were serious issues with the HD port concerning lag, glitches and bad-looking art style.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I heard there were serious issues with the HD port concerning lag, glitches and bad-looking art style.
I've read the same. Kotaku is playing it, I think it's Jason Schreier that started it and he said the lag on text and loading makes it near unplayable on the moment (PS4 version). He said that a look over various forums indicates that the other recently-released formats have the same problems.

RPGFan review of original (so this isn't even counting off for the bad port)

The comments on the Kotaku post weren't kind, either. It sounds pretty interesting, but at the same time, random battles sound awful, and the basic game sounds mostly broken.