Killzone 2

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I made a Euro account, downloading the demo now. :buttrock:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I don't like that you have to hold either L3 or R3 to run. I'm using "Alternate 2" because that's the best one in my opinion (of those choices, I'd like to map my own, though). I didn't fuck with L2 much, I only got to play it a little bit. Only took me about 15 minutes, I heard you can complete it in 7 minutes though. I think it looks great, don't really need to mention that. Gonna play through again real quick, then I'll probably have to go to bed. I'm getting this for my birthday, I pretty much knew that already, this just helps to hold me over a couple weeks. Gonna be hard to decide what to play when I have free time, this or Street Fighter IV.

edit: L2 is extremely useful (but will definitely take some getting used to), and the graphics are un-fucking-believeable.

I kept pressing L2 trying to run because I'm used to Resistance 2. Might sell it because after KZ2 comes out, I doubt I'll go back to playing Resistance 2.

Last edited:

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
just finished playing the demo twice, its deff going to be a good game, graphics and tops, it took a little time to get use of the controls, dude the pistol they give you rocks and has unlimited ammo( i play the demo the second time using just the pistol lol). demo is really short but from playing it im pumped for the game to be released

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
how do you go about making a euro account?

Well, I'm downloading the demo now. I went to far left of the blade (new user).
Created a new user: eurocvera
then went to playstation store and there was a deal to sign up.

Signed up: country of origin United Kingdom
language: English
gave an alternate email (my hotmail)
filled in info
googled "United Kingdom Business"
popped up some tea company
stole the address
filled it in
etc
went to store
downloading demo.

curious to see if once I download it, I will be able to play it with my other account (I imagine I will be able to)

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I put in some bogus UK address, I doubt I even got the post code correct to the right number of digits. It took it anyway.

The demo is short but sweet. I was already sold on this one as I loved Killzone 1, but playing it really reinforced things for me. I am going to be dying for the next couple of weeks.

BIG

sony fanboy
figured it out last night.
grabbed it along with RE5 demo.
used big ben's location as my uk address.
the game is bad ass, but had to readjust to the controls.
once downloaded, you can play it under your us account btw.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Got it.

Very nice.

Love some of the touches, like Helghast pinned down behind cover facing away from you will lift their gun above their head, aim backwards and spray.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Has anyone seen any more guns in the demo? All I've seen is the two you start with, the Helghast assault rifle, the rocket launcher and this semi-auto rifle that has a farther range than the assault rifle. If you read my previous post this is the gun I thought was a shotgun when I heard the Helghast firing it. You don't find it until close to the end of the demo but its a pretty nice gun. Very powerful.

I'm pretty much used to the controls now, I must have played through the demo ten times already. I will be buying this on day one.

BIG

sony fanboy
day-one purchase for sure.
they even added a jump button so all you lil girls can stop crying.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I played the demo once,

you guys care too much about games :mr_t:

hanafuda

Day 1 for me too.

Demo is a bit brief after you beat it the first time, but other than that, doesn't disappoint.

Notice how the rifle starts to sound different as you get low on ammo?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Online play is gonna be great. I'd like to get better with the controls because when it comes out I wanna play online, campaign will be nice, but I like death match modes with other people. If multiplayer looks as good as this, there's not much reason to play competitive R2 anymore. It'd be sweet if they added a co-op too.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
day-one purchase for sure.
they even added a jump button so all you lil girls can stop crying.

No jump button was a pain in the ass in KZ1.

I'll be picking this up on release.

I'm in for NG.com clan action and shit.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I pre paid the game off last night at Gamestop,..Honestly after reading this thread it gave me the push to get off my ass and do it ,..

I don't buy games like I used to,I've gotten real picky..:)

hanafuda

Apparently the demo code is pretty old too. I've read the final build looks better.

I lost the demo after just one day... I may actually create ANOTHER euro account just to get it again. Cant remember the BS mail address I used yesterday...

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Apparently the demo code is pretty old too. I've read the final build looks better.

I lost the demo after just one day... I may actually create ANOTHER euro account just to get it again. Cant remember the BS mail address I used yesterday...

You can't remember the physical address (which you don't need)? Or you made up an email address too, I guess if you can't remember that, you gotta take the 5 minutes and make a new one.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Has anyone here used the MGS4 Blutooth headset? I have heard some negative things about it but the local Gamestop has it for like 30 bucks new, 20 dollars cheaper than the official Sony one. Should I save some money or spend a little extra?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Has anyone here used the MGS4 Blutooth headset? I have heard some negative things about it but the local Gamestop has it for like 30 bucks new, 20 dollars cheaper than the official Sony one. Should I save some money or spend a little extra?

The reviews I read are not good.

I would stick with the official one. If you don't hate SOCOM, you might want to grab that bundle, it's a pretty good deal.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Hope hanafuda is right and the graphics of the final version are even better. I'm satisfied with how the demo looks, but if it is gonna look even better, then we're in for a treat.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
you could just make a euro account too.

Yea it takes mere seconds.

I've been playing the demo non stop for the past couple of days(all 4 minutes of it...)

It's fun, gorgeous and the sound design is great.

I'll be picking this up for the ps3. :buttrock:

The ONLY thing that bothers me is that you cannot blind fire around cover like the enemies.

Last edited:

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
Got a pre-order download code without pre-ordering it yesterday when I picked up my copy of SFIV for PS3. Usually GS employees are well...you know. I spent all night playing Street Fighter, but sounds like Killzone 2 is definitely worth a look. I'm going to try to make time for the demo tonight.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Man, I wanted this game on day one but after blowing almost 200 bucks on a stick and SF4 last week I think its going to have to wait.