Raiden Fighters Aces possibly coming to the U.S.

OK, so concerning the Miclus. Obviously these little fuckers are all over Score Attack, but hard to find in Normal mode.

I've noticed in Score Attack all you need to do is hover for a brief moment to make them crawl out of their hiding spots, but you can still fire away all you want. In Normal mode however, I haven't been able to find enough of them to discern whether you need to stop firing or not when you hover.

I rarely find these guys in Normal mode, even after watching the videos for some reason I can't make them appear. Is there some randomization for the miclus hiding spots in Normal mode or something?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
theyre all in the same place, its just a matter of being in that exact spot.

In the first level, when the boss shows up, on the right side of the screen youll see the tail end of a ship. youll notice that theres a silver colored strip just above the middle of the tail - thats where you need to be.

In the second level, theres one hiding in each of the three large mounted turrets. you need to hover on the center of them. its tricky, but there is actually just enough time where nothing is shooting at you and no ships are going to crash into you. the only advice i can give would be for the first turret: theres a smaller turret behind the large one. wait for that to fire at you, then get over the large turret. when it flashes yellow, take out the smaller one and shoot the miclus for the medals.

or you could watch the clips of the ones that are in first place. they do a pretty much perfect run and find all the micli.

hope that helps

Yep, I'm starting to find them more often now. I just keep watching the vids. I watched BBH's vids, man that's some ownage.

RF1, I just got top 10, arcade difficulty, with the Beast Arrow. Yes, I do feel good about it.

Nobody playing this anymore?

Just got done with a session of RF1, got the top Beast Arrow score on normal and arcade difficulty. Also grabbed #11 overall! I'm creepin up, with a slow ass boat of a plane too, with over 24,000,000 score. Everyone in the top 100 is using Slave or Judge Spear, I stick out like a sore thumb on that leaderboard. Muahahaa.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I bought this a few days ago. Best $20 you can spend right now. I'm trying for the 50mil achievement, but I just suck at shmups these days. The best I've done is around 35mil on RFJ. I'll never get that 100mil one.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Okay so I spent some more time with the game and got through all the major challenges, one quarter, expert mode, etc etc. I take back what I said about the hitbox on the ships. I hadn't realized the differences between the ships fully yet. It seems like some ships are vastly superior to others, though. The small and powerful ships seem to be the best, or the quick ones. The all-arounders, especially the default ship, seem absolutely horrible.

I haven't been able to get 50,000,000 points and I'm not sure if I'll try to. 100,000,000 seems like it'd be nearly impossible.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Okay so I spent some more time with the game and got through all the major challenges, one quarter, expert mode, etc etc. I take back what I said about the hitbox on the ships. I hadn't realized the differences between the ships fully yet. It seems like some ships are vastly superior to others, though. The small and powerful ships seem to be the best, or the quick ones. The all-arounders, especially the default ship, seem absolutely horrible.

I haven't been able to get 50,000,000 points and I'm not sure if I'll try to. 100,000,000 seems like it'd be nearly impossible.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Judge Spear. Almost feels like cheating. Same with Miclus.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just got it....

Now I really need to make a cable to play my 360 on my Neo 29. I don't care about adapting the controls, just the video.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Sweet game. I find playing it with my SFIV pad isn't as nice as using a stick. I still suck @ Shooters though.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
finally picked this up today. i forgot how fucking awful the music is; across the entire trilogy. messed up considering how incredible the raiden II soundtrack is.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Finally got that 50 million point achievement Saturday afternoon. Ended up with 57.4 million on RFJ. I don't see myself getting the 100 million one. I'm just not that good at shmups. Just a couple more hours for the 24hr achievement too. Dunno if I'll make it to the 96hr one.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
finally picked this up today. i forgot how fucking awful the music is; across the entire trilogy. messed up considering how incredible the raiden II soundtrack is.

I actually kinda dig the music in all 3 games.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I took a random peek at GameStop the other day and whaddaya know, they actually had a copy in stock.

I've only tried out RF1 right now, but deeeeeeyum I love me some Raiden. :vik:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
OK so what the fuck. I've been playing Boss Rush on Raiden Fighters Jet for the PAST FUCKING WEEK and I just cannot beat the final stage.

Is there some trick I'm missing? I've tried using all the ships and their Slave versions, the Fairy, fucking EVERYTHING and I always get aced at the jet. :mad:

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize that you could continue from the same spot in co-op. :emb:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I actually kinda dig the music in all 3 games.
tra-tata-tra-ta-tatatatatatatatata-trata-tatatatatatatat! That's Raiden Fighters Jet for you brother!

Edit: This collection is so damn good it almost made me regret ever buying all the SPI carts...almost.