Raiden Fighters Aces possibly coming to the U.S.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This shit is HOT. I mean, these games should have gotten ports years ago, but now that we have them in such a brilliant, cheap package...no complaints. What total gems these games are. Big, bad, facemelting 2D love in effect.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the bosses in the first RF, they are awsomely hughe! Now that we have Boss Rush Mode it's gonna be so possum!

Some people missunderstand the music in Jet. It's trance that's just how trance goes, it grew on me after a few years.

This shit is hypnotic. I just blew 3 hours without any bother. So far I like RF1 the best, I don't know I just like how it feels, and I like how the medals rank up fast.

RFJet is certainly more bullet hellish thats for sure, it's also alot busier with the backgrounds, and I think the medals are harder to see. Don't know why exactly, they just are to me. They're all awesome in their own right anyway.

This is certainly about the most effective way to spend $20 on video games.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
should have my copy tomorrow, hopefully

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Going to have to see if they got this at Best Buy and use the card I got for my birthday. The arcade I used to go to had Raiden Fighters 1 and I played the hell out of it.

My question is, do you have to input a code to get the first red ship, or is it unlocked at the get go? The guy who ran the arcade had them all unlocked and the red one was my favorite because it was super quick and the normal red shot powered up would chew through most enemies like butter.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i just got this today , they only had 8 copies delivered out of my 3 local gamestop's . the one thing that did piss me off is they make you update if you want to play, normally not a big deal but it went to that new fancy dashboard. I dont want the new dashboard going to have to figure out how to revert.
anyway i am a huge shooter fan , i suck at them but still enjoy most of them. I spent 2+hours on raiden without knowing. thats the longest my 360 has been on (playing a game), i usually cut myself off after an hour but i lost track of time playing i dont think i played any of the original versions so this has been fun.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
LOL there goes anyone elses chance to get the top score on the Leader boards!

:lol:

I'm a few million shy of Twiddle on Raiden Fighters 1. At least I finished it on one life, that was cool :)

Jet is frustrating and I haven't had a good game of that yet. RF2 is the one I'm least familiar with so that's going to take some learning.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Jet is frustrating and I haven't had a good game of that yet.

Really? I don't find RFJ that difficult, and I'm no BBH. There aren't too many levels and it gets to be a cakewalk once you start memorizing where the enemies come from.

What really frustrates me about that game is Real Battle 1, the explosions make it difficult to see the bullets! :mad: I've had tons of runs where I'm on my first life until Real Battle 1 and then die before the boss.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I'm a few million shy of Twiddle on Raiden Fighters 1. At least I finished it on one life, that was cool :)

That's why I love the ability to watch replays. Plus, it helped me out on a few hidden things I'd been trying to figure out.

Now, if I can only get used to the speed of the Judge Spear...

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Really? I don't find RFJ that difficult, and I'm no BBH. There aren't too many levels and it gets to be a cakewalk once you start memorizing where the enemies come from.

Try playing for score. That's the frustrating part.

Well, that and the semi-invisible bullets on Level 30 and Real Battle Phase 1.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
Try playing for score. That's the frustrating part.

Well, that and the semi-invisible bullets on Level 30 and Real Battle Phase 1.

Fuck Battle Phase 1 :lolz:

RFJ is the most fun I have playing for score… and its the most frustrating part too… I love the quick restart button! I think I spent more time playing the first stage than the whole game. Junk like missing a medal or accidentally collecting one or a death… and I still keep playing :hammer:

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
ive finally got this bitch and my highests score 49,000,000 is a million away from 50 million achievement..this game fucken rocks!!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
oh, the usa version is out now?? thats awesome news. i'm planning on playing this a ton, my raiden fighters board is much missed.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm just gonna have to take down all your records...sorry folks that's just the way it is.

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I already had my copy of the game and so far im having fun on playing this awesome Shump!!..:buttrock:

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
yay I finally ALL3'd RFJ with 114 mil (dropped chain a bunch on last stage)

yay

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
just ordered this, looking forward to some shmup hotness

raiden 2 is probly my favorite shooter of all time

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Got this the other day and finally got a chance to play it last night for a couple hours. They did a great job on this. I love the scanline options.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I've put about 2 hours in. I suck really bad at it can't even beat it on freeplay! I hear one of the achievements is 96 hours of play!

I can't figure out how to get the Miclui to come out of their hiding spots. I've watched the videos and know where some are, but when I hover they don't come out. Are you supposed to not fire, or have both slaves? What am I doing wrong?

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I can't figure out how to get the Miclui to come out of their hiding spots. I've watched the videos and know where some are, but when I hover they don't come out. Are you supposed to not fire, or have both slaves? What am I doing wrong?

Hover and don't shoot.

Hover and don't shoot.
OK I'll try that, thx.

I didn't even realize how many points I was missing out on until I checked out a couple of videos, and looked at the achievement list. I was all WTF at "collect 100 miclus"

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'd only once played a Raiden game before this. The hitbox seems unfair. I'm not sure how you're supposed to do well on any of these games. The spaces between bullets are superficial because your ship is a fucking whale. What's the deal?