Raiden Fighters Aces possibly coming to the U.S.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Found it at an EB today. Got to put in a little time with it and overall its a pretty good compilation..especially for $20. Especially like all of the different things you can do to customize the screen.... Old Projector FTW:buttrock:

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I was working today and was glad to see this come in...I bought 1 of the 2 copies that came in. It plays great!!! Feel free to add me on 360 and lets compare some scores!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
anyone out there kind enough to give us a mini-review?

most sites out there are ignoring this one (as expected), and i'd just like to get a little better idea about it

thanks

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

most sites out there are ignoring this one (as expected), and i'd just like to get a little better idea about it

thanks
I'll play it tonight and give you a 101.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
bummer, just found out it won't work on jp consoles...now if I want to play it gonna have to get a $70+ import version of the game

drat

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster

thanks

The game rock's and it's only twenty bucks. Nuff said :buttrock:

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Found a copy at my local GS before work, so I get to wait to try it out. Can't wait, though; I played RFJ in the arcade years ago and thought it was awesome.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

it's koll

Edit: okay, suppose I'll resist the temptation to be a (complete) jackass and post more.

Regular mode, boss rush mode, expert mode for all three games. You can turn number of credits from 2 all the way up to free play and still earn achievements. You can also turn the final stage restart to either start you where you die or back to to the beginning of the stage, like default (I didn't realize that at first- my Boss Rush achievement on RF2 is totally legit, my other ones, less so, :emb: )

Plays nice. Achievements are pretty cool, too. There are ones that you get for beating the games with continues, ones for 1CCs, ones for 10 mil points, 50 mil points, and ones for 100 mil points, so there some for every skill level, basically, there's even a cool one for playing with every plane across all three games, including the hidden planes.

Games look exactly like they should, to the best of my knowledge (3 looks noticeably sharper than 1 and 2, IMO).

Music is freaking awful on some of the stages, I'd forgotten that...

Fun as hell. I've got two hours of playtime or so (there's a nice little freebie achievement for one hour of playtime, maybe more for other playtime landmarks?) already, plenty left to do, learn, get better... $20.

Hentai Sama knows way, way more about this than I do, :emb:

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Sounds good I'm going to order from Amazon since odds are gamestops in my area will a) not bother to order a single copy or b) try to sell me an open copy as "new" since it's their "last one".

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
it's koll

Edit: okay, suppose I'll resist the temptation to be a (complete) jackass and post more.

Regular mode, boss rush mode, expert mode for all three games. You can turn number of credits from 2 all the way up to free play and still earn achievements. You can also turn the final stage restart to either start you where you die or back to to the beginning of the stage, like default (I didn't realize that at first- my Boss Rush achievement on RF2 is totally legit, my other ones, less so, :emb: )

Plays nice. Achievements are pretty cool, too. There are ones that you get for beating the games with continues, ones for 1CCs, ones for 10 mil points, 50 mil points, and ones for 100 mil points, so there some for every skill level, basically, there's even a cool one for playing with every plane across all three games, including the hidden planes.

Games look exactly like they should, to the best of my knowledge (3 looks noticeably sharper than 1 and 2, IMO).

Music is freaking awful on some of the stages, I'd forgotten that...

Fun as hell. I've got two hours of playtime or so (there's a nice little freebie achievement for one hour of playtime, maybe more for other playtime landmarks?) already, plenty left to do, learn, get better... $20.

Hentai Sama knows way, way more about this than I do, :emb:

yeah i think i'm sold, thanks

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Does the US 360 version play the US versions of the arcade games? There were differences between the US and JP arcade versions of all three games. 2 loops for US games along with shorter Miculus spawn times over the JP version.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
I know that Japan got Castlevania Symphony of the Night on XBLA with actual fmv intro, we haven't...
just thought I'd mention that, quite surprising huh?

Kiken

Camel Slug
Does the US 360 version play the US versions of the arcade games? There were differences between the US and JP arcade versions of all three games. 2 loops for US games along with shorter Miculus spawn times over the JP version.

The US release of RFA retains the Japanese versions of the games.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Just picked this up. Haven't got a chance to play it, but from what I've read and heard, well worth the $20.

Sounds good I'm going to order from Amazon since odds are gamestops in my area will a) not bother to order a single copy or b) try to sell me an open copy as "new" since it's their "last one".

Here's the odd thing, my local GS had 4 copies plus the one on the shelf.

Ancient Flounder

15 Year Member
Put about an hour into it last night. I need to explore the scoring system more, but I'm digging this compilation so far. I had forgotten how much I sucked at shmups, though. Lol. This game has no tiny hit box for ships, correct?

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Glad to hear they kept with the JP versions of the games for the US release.

Here's the odd thing, my local GS had 4 copies plus the one on the shelf.

I wish all GS operated like yours. The one near me is absolutely horrible.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Loopz was kind enough to buy this for my birthday.

In a word "Awesome!"

I forgot how fun these games were. Brings me back to the late 90's lol!

Loads of video options and the emulation is dead on.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Put about an hour into it last night. I need to explore the scoring system more, but I'm digging this compilation so far. I had forgotten how much I sucked at shmups, though. Lol. This game has no tiny hit box for ships, correct?

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=16237&highlight=raiden+fighters+hitbox

hitbox pics for Jet. The hitboxes in (Jet at least) aren't soo bad- but compared to Cave stuff they are big. Not a bad thing- but coupled with the point blanking and speedy bullets you gotta pre-plan (memorize) a tad further in advance (at least for me :P)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I forgot how extremely involved the scoring for Jet was. Getting the medals to change, the rank, getting to the Real Battle, using the slaves effectively... lots of strategy involved. good stuff

Robert

20 Year Member
Any new Raiden release is a good release.
With a 20$ tag price, it's a no brainer

Ancient Flounder

15 Year Member
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=16237&highlight=raiden+fighters+hitbox

hitbox pics for Jet. The hitboxes in (Jet at least) aren't soo bad- but compared to Cave stuff they are big. Not a bad thing- but coupled with the point blanking and speedy bullets you gotta pre-plan (memorize) a tad further in advance (at least for me :P)

Nice. Thanks. Found a archived version of a fan site of the Raiden Fighters Emporium, as well, for miclus and fairy locations.