Midwest Gaming Classic

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Is there alot of trading that goes on on Friday? I was thinking about bringing a couple arcades down there just to see what happens on Friday nights.

TBH, yes. This is generally my experience when going to shows like this. It's very important to actually become a part of the show, ie. a vendor, if you want to get the best stuff. You wouldn't believe how much stuff is sold before shows open to other vendors. It's nuts.

Jon

master_d

n00b
TBH, yes. This is generally my experience when going to shows like this. It's very important to actually become a part of the show, ie. a vendor, if you want to get the best stuff. You wouldn't believe how much stuff is sold before shows open to other vendors. It's nuts.

Jon

Damn... Oh well... maybe next year I can be a "vendor" and see what's going on in there before the doors open up. The thought of lugging arcade machines that I have no intention of selling down there isn't very appealing though.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Damn... Oh well... maybe next year I can be a "vendor" and see what's going on in there before the doors open up. The thought of lugging arcade machines that I have no intention of selling down there isn't very appealing though.

I'll be honest with you...there were a few people that were not vendors that did manage to get in the vendors' room without being noticed by security. **Attempt at your own risk.**

Jon

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
well, i brought a bunch of stuff with me because i had a lot of customers what wanted specific things as well as wanting to see the new stuff.

one of the other vendors ended up not making it. now there is a 'windy' table up at the vendor area. Thats where i'll be all day. come up and say 'hi'.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Aww man wish i could have it made it, sounds like so much fun!! Sadly i'm stuck at work :(

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I'll be honest with you...there were a few people that were not vendors that did manage to get in the vendors' room without being noticed by security. **Attempt at your own risk.**

Jon

oops my bad lol ��

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Midwest Gaming Classic 2014 (April 12th-13th)

Sheraton Hotel
375 South Moorland Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
(262) 364-1100

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

Little early...but, what the the hell...let's talk about it.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't change the venue. The biggest problem with last year's was the fact there was absolutely NO ROOM to walk around in. They've tried increasing prices and adding 10,000 sq. feet of space right off the hotel but, I don't see either of these helping at all. Plus, the pinball room was ridiculous. Way too crowded and most of the people in there didn't bother to bathe. (hint: Gamer BO) This year was the first year that, other than the vendor room, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I should have.

The one positive change they did make was moving the convention to April rather than the end of March. I think a lot of people got caught in that snowstorm on Sunday night, myself included, so, I'm glad that's taken care of. Of course, that doesn't mean it won't snow in April. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but, odds are, the chances of it snowing are way less now that they changed the date.

Jon

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Little early...but, what the the hell...let's talk about it.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't change the venue. The biggest problem with last year's was the fact there was absolutely NO ROOM to walk around in. They've tried increasing prices and adding 10,000 sq. feet of space right off the hotel but, I don't see either of these helping at all. Plus, the pinball room was ridiculous. Way too crowded and most of the people in there didn't bother to bathe. (hint: Gamer BO) This year was the first year that, other than the vendor room, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I should have.

The one positive change they did make was moving the convention to April rather than the end of March. I think a lot of people got caught in that snowstorm on Sunday night, myself included, so, I'm glad that's taken care of. Of course, that doesn't mean it won't snow in April. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but, odds are, the chances of it snowing are way less now that they changed the date.

Jon

while all that may be a true, the big redeeming factor is that I will be there.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Mikey and I are going to try and be there as well.

Be afraid.

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
Can't wait to meet some of you degenerates! Best believe I will provide plenty of booze, beer and of course skanks...... :-J

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
C'mon they are like Cali 5's...........

Having a booth again this year bro?

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I'm ready to have some laughs and some cheap wisconsin cheese-muff. You know there's gonna be tons of fly ladies if there's a pinball show..............

Hey Yodd, we gettin' a room?

PS - hope you guys are ready for some real man-love. People with personal space issues hate me.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Wow thats like an hour and half tops from my house, I almost went last year but maybe this time.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
nobody wants wisconsin skanks.

As much as I regret saying this, I'd rather have a Wisconsin skank than an Ohio skank. They're both pretty heavy but, let's just say the Wisconsin ones are friendlier and have less meth, crack, etc. in their systems.

Wow, I'm shocked this thread blew up like it did! For those of you who didn't go last year, I'm basically helping out Carlson (16-bit) at the Mad-Gear booth all weekend. Please try to stop by. Also, we need to arrange some sort of meetup/possible dinner/hotel casual Neo match thing. That would be awesome.

Jon