Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 467

Thread: Midwest Gaming Classic

  1. #101
    Mr. Tater

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Xenia, OH

    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by master_d View Post
    Is there alot of trading that goes on on Friday? I was thinking about bringing a couple arcades down there just to see what happens on Friday nights.
    TBH, yes. This is generally my experience when going to shows like this. It's very important to actually become a part of the show, ie. a vendor, if you want to get the best stuff. You wouldn't believe how much stuff is sold before shows open to other vendors. It's nuts.

    Jon


    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

    I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

  2. #102
    Neo Bubble Buster
    master_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    TBH, yes. This is generally my experience when going to shows like this. It's very important to actually become a part of the show, ie. a vendor, if you want to get the best stuff. You wouldn't believe how much stuff is sold before shows open to other vendors. It's nuts.

    Jon
    Damn... Oh well... maybe next year I can be a "vendor" and see what's going on in there before the doors open up. The thought of lugging arcade machines that I have no intention of selling down there isn't very appealing though.
    MVS carts wanted:

    Sengoku 2!!, Matrimelee, SSVS, Over Top, Twinkle star sprites

  3. #103
    Mr. Tater

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Xenia, OH

    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by master_d View Post
    Damn... Oh well... maybe next year I can be a "vendor" and see what's going on in there before the doors open up. The thought of lugging arcade machines that I have no intention of selling down there isn't very appealing though.
    I'll be honest with you...there were a few people that were not vendors that did manage to get in the vendors' room without being noticed by security. **Attempt at your own risk.**

    Jon


    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

    I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

  4. #104
    Trust the French? cdamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago

    Posts
    10,761
    well, i brought a bunch of stuff with me because i had a lot of customers what wanted specific things as well as wanting to see the new stuff.

    one of the other vendors ended up not making it. now there is a 'windy' table up at the vendor area. Thats where i'll be all day. come up and say 'hi'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.



  5. #105
    Rugal's Thug
    barto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Il.

    Posts
    102
    Aww man wish i could have it made it, sounds like so much fun!! Sadly i'm stuck at work

  6. #106
    "Hey, are we done here?...Cause I'm losing my buzz!" Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'll be honest with you...there were a few people that were not vendors that did manage to get in the vendors' room without being noticed by security. **Attempt at your own risk.**

    Jon
    oops my bad lol ��

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  7. #107
    "Hey, are we done here?...Cause I'm losing my buzz!" Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,002
    Midwest Gaming Classic 2014 (April 12th-13th)

    Sheraton Hotel
    375 South Moorland Road
    Brookfield, WI 53005
    (262) 364-1100

    http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  8. #108
    Mr. Tater

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Xenia, OH

    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    Midwest Gaming Classic 2014 (April 12th-13th)

    Sheraton Hotel
    375 South Moorland Road
    Brookfield, WI 53005
    (262) 364-1100

    http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com
    Little early...but, what the the hell...let's talk about it.

    I'm a little disappointed they didn't change the venue. The biggest problem with last year's was the fact there was absolutely NO ROOM to walk around in. They've tried increasing prices and adding 10,000 sq. feet of space right off the hotel but, I don't see either of these helping at all. Plus, the pinball room was ridiculous. Way too crowded and most of the people in there didn't bother to bathe. (hint: Gamer BO) This year was the first year that, other than the vendor room, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I should have.

    The one positive change they did make was moving the convention to April rather than the end of March. I think a lot of people got caught in that snowstorm on Sunday night, myself included, so, I'm glad that's taken care of. Of course, that doesn't mean it won't snow in April. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but, odds are, the chances of it snowing are way less now that they changed the date.

    Jon


    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

    I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

  9. #109
    Trust the French? cdamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago

    Posts
    10,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Little early...but, what the the hell...let's talk about it.

    I'm a little disappointed they didn't change the venue. The biggest problem with last year's was the fact there was absolutely NO ROOM to walk around in. They've tried increasing prices and adding 10,000 sq. feet of space right off the hotel but, I don't see either of these helping at all. Plus, the pinball room was ridiculous. Way too crowded and most of the people in there didn't bother to bathe. (hint: Gamer BO) This year was the first year that, other than the vendor room, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I should have.

    The one positive change they did make was moving the convention to April rather than the end of March. I think a lot of people got caught in that snowstorm on Sunday night, myself included, so, I'm glad that's taken care of. Of course, that doesn't mean it won't snow in April. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but, odds are, the chances of it snowing are way less now that they changed the date.

    Jon
    while all that may be a true, the big redeeming factor is that I will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.



  10. #110
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,964
    Mikey and I are going to try and be there as well.

    Be afraid.

  11. #111
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Island

    Posts
    12,229
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Mikey and I are going to try and be there as well.

    Be afraid.
    Panda will be there as well. Consider the place burned down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  12. #112
    Metal Slug Mechanic
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Mikey and I are going to try and be there as well.

    Be afraid.
    Trip canceled. I scared.

  13. #113
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,616
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Mikey and I are going to try and be there as well.

    Be afraid.
    shit just got real

    im gonna try and head out too

  14. #114
    "Hey, are we done here?...Cause I'm losing my buzz!" Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,002
    Can't wait to meet some of you degenerates! Best believe I will provide plenty of booze, beer and of course skanks......

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  15. #115
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,964
    Quote Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
    shit just got real

    im gonna try and head out too


    !!!

    It's gonna be like a Neo meet up!

  16. #116
    Trust the French? cdamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago

    Posts
    10,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    Can't wait to meet some of you degenerates! Best believe I will provide plenty of booze, beer and of course skanks......
    nobody wants wisconsin skanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.



  17. #117
    "Hey, are we done here?...Cause I'm losing my buzz!" Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,002
    C'mon they are like Cali 5's...........

    Having a booth again this year bro?

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  18. #118
    Metal Slug Mechanic
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    Can't wait to meet some of you degenerates! Best believe I will provide plenty of booze, beer and of course skanks......
    I'm listening...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    C'mon they are like Cali 5's...........
    Definitely not coming.

  19. #119
    Trust the French? cdamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago

    Posts
    10,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    C'mon they are like Cali 5's...........

    Having a booth again this year bro?
    going big this year.

    also cali 5? more like an omaha 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.



  20. #120
    "Hey, are we done here?...Cause I'm losing my buzz!" Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    going big this year.

    also cali 5? more like an omaha 3.
    lol, word!

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  21. #121
    Galford's Poppy Trainer
    El Maricon Loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    My Guardian Angel Befe watches over me

    Posts
    3,536
    I'm ready to have some laughs and some cheap wisconsin cheese-muff. You know there's gonna be tons of fly ladies if there's a pinball show..............

    Hey Yodd, we gettin' a room?

    PS - hope you guys are ready for some real man-love. People with personal space issues hate me.
    Last edited by El Maricon Loco; 12-14-2013 at 10:25 PM.

  22. #122
    Yamazaki's Pupil
    ballzdeepx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nakatomi Towers

    Posts
    2,729
    Wow thats like an hour and half tops from my house, I almost went last year but maybe this time.

  23. #123
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,964
    Quote Originally Posted by MiceVikey View Post
    Hey Yodd, we gettin' a room?

    Two rooms playa. That way in case you bring back a lot lizard you can have your own space.

  24. #124
    Mr. Tater

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Xenia, OH

    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    nobody wants wisconsin skanks.
    As much as I regret saying this, I'd rather have a Wisconsin skank than an Ohio skank. They're both pretty heavy but, let's just say the Wisconsin ones are friendlier and have less meth, crack, etc. in their systems.

    Wow, I'm shocked this thread blew up like it did! For those of you who didn't go last year, I'm basically helping out Carlson (16-bit) at the Mad-Gear booth all weekend. Please try to stop by. Also, we need to arrange some sort of meetup/possible dinner/hotel casual Neo match thing. That would be awesome.

    Jon


    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

    I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

  25. #125
    Galford's Poppy Trainer
    El Maricon Loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    My Guardian Angel Befe watches over me

    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Two rooms playa. That way in case you bring back a lot lizard you can have your own space.
    One room makes for wayyy better stories.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •