Midwest Gaming Classic

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I would REALLY like to go to this. I've heard so many good things from Carlson (16-bit) about this. For me, it's really going to depend on the weather and if I can get time off that weekend.

Jon

DHG Hunter

Bashful,
To be honest, I liked to resort location from a few years back better.

I had a big hand in originally bringing the show to the Olympia, so there are certainly some things I like about that place, but there are also a lot of things I've come to prefer about the Sheraton.

What it comes down to, though, is that we had outgrown the Olympia after years of maximizing our space there. Now that we have had one year in the Sheraton, we're really just getting started at maximizing our space there and giving the whole show a more natural flow like it had at the Olympia. I think it will turn out well this year... A lot of us are coming in a day earlier to really focus on this.

From the looks of it, hopefully we should have a very good show in place this year for our 10th anniversary. :)

Later.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Man, I've never been to one of these. I've just seen youtube vids of MGC events. Looks like a lot of fun. Maybe one day if I'm in the area, I'll go.

ezmfne

n00b
I went last year and am planning on returning this year.
Overall it was a very good show but I was a little disappointed at the lack of Neo Geo stuff.
I don't remember seeing any AES stuff and only a handful of MVS stuff.
Now I'm not trying to discourage people from attending I just want the dealers to see this and bring the goods I got cash.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
i wish they had a list of what is happening for each day....

I only want to go 1 day and can't decide which.

DHG Hunter

Bashful,
i wish they had a list of what is happening for each day....

I only want to go 1 day and can't decide which.

I believe they intend to do one eventually, but this is the basic run-down: If you want the most panels/events and don't mind the crowds, Saturday is generally your best bet. If you want smaller crowds and wanna play stuff all day, Sunday is your best option.

I went last year and am planning on returning this year.
Overall it was a very good show but I was a little disappointed at the lack of Neo Geo stuff.
I don't remember seeing any AES stuff and only a handful of MVS stuff.
Now I'm not trying to discourage people from attending I just want the dealers to see this and bring the goods I got cash.

As you kinda mention, as vendors find more of a market for Neo Geo at the show, their stock will shift to meet that need. I personally noticed a lot of Neo Geo stuff at the show last year as opposed to '09. Mad Gear Games had some AES import stuff as did another bigger vendor, and I know one place had a lot of Neo Geo CD stuff. There were also a few MVS cabinets for sale along with some games if memory serves.

Later.

TehBanz

n00b
Oh, i know i just made my account today but I will probably be there, i live only about an hour and a half away! I just found out about this today and if I had known about it before I would have totally been there.

Now im super excited for it!

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Getting hyped to roll with my crew again. I'm afraid the NGPC bug will bite me again this year (grabbed an extra Crystal NGPC from Mad Gear two shows ago), but whatever happens, I know it'll be a good time as it always is. As far as Sheraton vs Olympia, I thought that the Olympia was a more comfortable venue, whereas the Sheraton felt kind of...disjointed, what with vendors on the first floor and the museum on what was practically the opposite end of the building. Still, MGC grows every year and we kind of outgrew the Olympia, so it had to happen.

Also, if you only attend for one day, make it Saturday. Height of the shows and the day that vendors bring out the majority of their wares.

Me and my friends from kitsune kon and the IGDA - GB Student Chapter are going to be going as well. Do you think anyone would want to see my cobbled together CMVS? I plan on buying stuff, and I'm a part of the IGDA so I'll be attending their meeting, but it'd be nice to meet up with some of you also if I could.

TehBanz

n00b
I was also at kitsune con, were you perchance the one with the MVS shoved inside a n64? ^^?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Looks like I will be heading up there with Carlson. Should be awesome!

Jon

I was indeed. It was the first time I have ever done something like that, so it turned out less than perfect, but it works and it survived that crazy weekend :). I still have some improvements I would like to make at some point - maybe giving it a coat of paint, and close up some of those gaps where dust could get in. On a side note, I hope you enjoyed the con :).

TehBanz

n00b
in lieu of getting too off topic, sword dancer you've inspired me to do a similiar mod but with a custom plexiglass case, any way I could get an aim/msn/e-mail in order to contact you with questions etc? maybe we could meet up, you met me at the con, im good friends with mike. was thinking about joining the cons game room next year.

I tried to find a PM feature on this site and couldn't. sorry if this is too off topic.

Ah, that makes sense then :) Sure thing, PM sent! My time is limited, but we could try to set something up after I catch up on some (many) things :).

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Getting close, so how about a roll call on who plans on making it this year?

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
my first time going there... me and the GF will be there on Saturday.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Looking forward to my fifth MGC! You are going to love MGC Jon.

Yeah, I can't wait! Definitely looking forward to going for the first time. Of course, I have to "pay" for it by working 5 days straight at work.

If anyone wants to play some Neo stuff with me, I will be bringing my modded Saturn Neo Pad. I'll post my cell phone number here shortly before the event, if anyone's interested in contacting me. Otherwise, I will be with Carlson some of the time helping him move stuff from his car, etc. I'm the one with sideburns, BTW.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I can't wait! Definitely looking forward to going for the first time. Of course, I have to "pay" for it by working 5 days straight at work.

If anyone wants to play some Neo stuff with me, I will be bringing my modded Saturn Neo Pad. I'll post my cell phone number here shortly before the event, if anyone's interested in contacting me. Otherwise, I will be with Carlson some of the time helping him move stuff from his car, etc. I'm the one with sideburns, BTW.

Jon

Jon:

Are you coming back my way anytime soon?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Thinkin bout it.
Five hour drive...should I fly?

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
I will be with Carlson some of the time helping him move stuff from his car, etc. I'm the one with sideburns, BTW.

Jon

Jon is too nice. He is the one with hair.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Other than finding ex-girlfriends on facebook to bang for olde' times sake, this is pretty much one of the few things I look forward too before summer. So let's get a roll call already... Who the fuck is in this year?

The 2012 Midwest Gaming Classic will be held at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel in Brookfield, WI.
Saturday, March 24, 2012, from 10:00am to 8:00pm
Sunday, March 25, 2012, from 10:00am to 5:00pm

www.midwestgamingclassic.com

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Hell Yeah! Really looking forward to it and I got a six table island this year. Picking up Jon from the forums along the way.