Midwest Gaming Classic

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I'll be heading up for the first time. Will be bringing one or two friends along. Looks and sounds awesome!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm going. Aiming for Saturday, but the friend I'm going with may not be able to do it 'till Sunday. I'll post an update when I know 100%

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i'll be there all weekend. how about a ng meetup for a beer?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Damn this came up quick. I'll see if I can make it

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I had planned on going, but with a new job in a new state, it's going to have to wait until next year :(

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
ok should be at least 5 or 6 of us there. shall we organize a little meet up then? burgers and beers- something like that ?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
If I can make it will be Saturday.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I am on the way. Wearing red chuck taylors and a red/white/blue plaid shirt.

da66en

Zero's Secretary
There's a dealer there who thinks using a pen to crossthrough an MVS's serial number and writing a new serial number in it's place qualifies as "kit has matching serial numbers."

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Hey if you're here call or text me EDIT: Well, nevermind I guess!

Last edited:

noisyninja

n00b
Bought an AES at the event, was the first time my wife and I attended. We had a great time. Wish I'd known about this forum before I went, would have been cool to say hello. Ah well, maybe next year.

And that said, HELLO! I'm new here.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Anyone here get the lil' red neo candy restoration?

4453763b-d0ca-0ef7.jpg

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Bump.

A little over a month until this years show. Who's coming up?

Anyone here that's thinking of coming, please visit Mad-Gear LLC's (16-bit/Carlson's) booth. I will be there most of the time as will Carlson.

Jon

DHG Hunter

Bashful,
Yeah, I've been so busy this year that I haven't had a great chance to visit many forums and bring up the show until now. We added a new museum wing this year and that basically means a whole lot of additional work for me now, hehe.

I'll spare you guys the copy & paste from the website (www.midwestgamingclassic.com) and dive into the Neo stuff that I'm aware of. Of course there are going to be a number of different Neo shops at the MGC's vendor hall including for the first time Quan's Arcade Works and his Omega console. I just got a chance to pick one of these up and I have to say I'm very impressed with it!

The museum will have plenty of Neo as well. The DHG room in particular will have a Neo CD, AES, MVS (the aforementioned Omega), and the Neo-Geo X. We're planning on having the Omega and the Neo-Geo X side-by-side in the room on identical monitors. I realize there are plenty of comparisons already out there, but regardless it should be interesting to see the two units in action side-by-side.

Then there is of course the arcade halls where there always tends to be at least a few Neo-Geo cabs set up.

The show starts in little over a week, Saturday, March 23. There are also Friday events including a tournament called Up to Par that always has at least one Neo Geo as a part of it...

Later.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
oh i'll be there too..

they were sold out of table space for me, but i'll figure something out...

master_d

n00b
I'll be there Saturday morning.. been going to this for years now since it's right in my backyard.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i should be getting there around 3:00 pm on friday.

master_d

n00b
Is there alot of trading that goes on on Friday? I was thinking about bringing a couple arcades down there just to see what happens on Friday nights.