Midwest Gaming Classic

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Just checked their website and thought I'd share the info. Looking forward to this years show. If anyone is planning on going let me know. This is by my old stomping grounds and can point out some good restaurants and bars in the area. Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

(From their website):down:

The event will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2009 from 10:00am to 8:00pm and Sunday, March 22, 2009 from 10:00am to 5:00pm.

The 2009 event will be held at the beautiful Olympia Resort and Conference Center, just 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Milwaukee!

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
Honestly nobody from the mid-west is interested in this? Damn......:scratch:

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
It would be cool to get together with some fellow forum members, so it would be great if you guys came up. I believe 16-Bit is having a booth there as well so I am interested to see what kind of goodies he's got for sale/trade.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If it were in the fall or the summer, I'd consider it.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
I am going to be there pretty much for sure. It's my only big thing going on during Spring Break. I am going to be there with one of my friends, and participating in the BenHeck.com experience booth doing mods and such. Hopefully no neogeo.com fanatics kill me for doing some of the nearly sacreligious cartridge mods I am working on.

I am debating even bringing my Neo CMVS with, but the Apple IIc, NGPC, Tandy 102, Tandy 200, and maybe some others I have are certainly coming with.

Anyone else from MN coming?

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
It's in Wisconsin, about 40 minutes west of Milwaukee. It's a decent place to host an event am I'm looking forward to a large turn out this year.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
I'm considering it but I won't know anything solid until a few weeks from now.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
I'm going to be returning for my third year. I have about 24 ft of vendor space reserved and it will be packed with import video games. I'll also be bringing around 40 MVS carts (loose) in addition to home carts, CDs and systems.

Carlson

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am considering it, but cash flow is my major issue right now. If I do come I will be staying with my sister in Milwaukee and doing the 30 mile drive to the show.

I heard that last year had about 50-60 pinball machines also.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Looks pretty intresting. I might go if I'm lucky but I ain't holding my breath for it though honestly. :oh_no:

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
Bump :up: Coming up this weekend. I was just curious what members are planning on going. Should be a great time!

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Will be there! I'll be involved with the Benheck.com Experience booth, and maybe showing off my semi-finished consolized MVS. It's kinda ugly, but since the whole setup is about hacking hardware it doesn't matter.

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
It will be cool to meet ya. Are you bringing anything to trade/sell? I'm going to bring along a few items. Please do bring your cmvs that would be great to see at ben's booth.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
I will be bringing my games along since I don't have that many. Another guy at Benheck has offered me a trade for my KOF94, and I'm considering it. My other games I'm not too keen on letting go except maybe my Samurai Shodown 1. I have what I consider my "essentials" collection right now: MS1 and 2, Samsho 1 and 2, Last Blade, KOF 94, and I have a flaky Puzzle Bobble boot. Well, only the sound is messed up, everything else seems to work. Another forum member at benheck might want it so he can try to fix it up. I don't play KOF at all, and almost never play Samsho1.

EDIT: I have a custom Neo gamepad I built which I will bring. Probably not something anyone will want, but it was a fun build and something you don't see often.

Last edited:

nectarsis

Quiz Detective
Had a BLAST this year (2nd year I went). VERY cool meeting Jag-Master (though by accident lol). Honestly I thought last year was a bit better, but still a solid show with a lot to do.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Such a cool show, but I missed Jag-Master! :(
I did get to talk to 16-bit, he seemed a very nice fellow. I was strapped for cash by the time I actually got to talk to him, so I didn't get any games, but he made me some decent deals on some things, and I gave him some repair info for his MV-1B that broke. My CMVS was on display at Ben Heckendorn's booth on Sunday, and it seemed to be pretty popular despite it's uglyness.

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
It was a great show! A lot of stuff to see and a decent amount of cabs and some pinball to play. Met up with Nectarsis and his friend at 16-Bit's booth and hung out for quite a bit. Great guy, had a blast sharing stories and shooting the shit. 16-Bit was awesome to deal with and we traded some stuff. It was wonderful to finally talk about the neo scene with others who truely appreciate the system. Carlson hooked me up with my first aes system, always wanted one, and a few mvs carts. Both of you guys were cool as hell, and I had a blast! Sorry I missed you at Ben Heck's booth Arfink. I was only there Saturday, so I missed ya on Sunday. If you still want that Puzzle Bobble Boot it's yours to play around with, just let me know. Nectarsis, let me know when you have some free time, I'd love to come check out your cab setup bro. I'll post some random pics (kinda shitty phone pics) when I get a chance.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks Jag. I actually am interested in tinkering on the PB boot, shoot me a PM and we can work out details. I got some pictures of my CMVS on my blog, and later today I'll be uploading another batch of pictures, including some from the conference and pics for another forum member (capacitors, woot!)

CMVS pics: http://neoretrotechnerd.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-home-built-neo-geo-mvs-console.html (WARNING, UGLY WOODWORKING AHEAD!)