Midwest Gaming Classic

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If I could get tons of those clear shells, I would definitely do this.

I am pretty sure that Mike Kennedy has sold the Jaguar molds to Albert of the AtariAge forums. I wonder when he is going to produce more shells.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I was finally able to edit my MGC 2016 video that I filmed.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
that was the last of the cabs, lol. i needed some parts and part of that deal was i had to take 5 more cabs to get the price i wanted.

good job as always, yodd!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I"m thinking of going next year. SOunds like fun!

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I"m thinking of going next year. SOunds like fun!

It's really fun. I always meet cool people there and laugh my ass off at the windy booth with turfy. Orochi Eddie and me were really pushing the Shaq-fu deal, which included an Atari jaguar with white men can't jump. No takers. Their loss.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Bump. Who's coming?

Jon

PS:I will probably be by myself this year, as Carlson won't be attending.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Plans are to go again this year though I've not finalized anything yet. Still haven't decided on drive or fly either...

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
was a super blast seeing everyone!

Favorite bits of the show (aside from turfy's "other" announcement)

Loved having the coleco chameleon proto at my booth, making graham do his 'azn anime girl getting raep'ed' sound (which is remarkably good), and making my booth gal pose with whatever cosplay weapons came through for the twitterfaces.

ZLrr0rV.png

InPuLqj.png

Dammit, how did I not hear about any of this shit when I was there last year?

Other than me painting table cloths red during tear down last year it seemed rather tame compared to this shit...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Dammit, how did I not hear about any of this shit when I was there last year?

Other than me painting table cloths red during tear down last year it seemed rather tame compared to this shit...

All that happened in 2016, which I think will be hard to surpass in terms of awesomeness.

Jon

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
All that happened in 2016, which I think will be hard to surpass in terms of awesomeness.

Jon

Yeah, I noticed it all happened in '16. Just wondering how I didn't hear about any of it last year when I was there...

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Plans are to go again this year though I've not finalized anything yet. Still haven't decided on drive or fly either...

Fly for realz and no box cutter handling before or after the show ok? No stitches in 2018 :cool:

The new venue is seriously fucking huge this year.

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Fly for realz and no box cutter handling before or after the show ok? No stitches in 2018 :cool:

The new venue is seriously fucking huge this year.

Hey, I didn't get stitches last year either... They did want to stitch me up but I talked em out of it. All they ended up doing was wrapping it tight. But yeah, it'd be good if I didn't bleed my own blood again. :lolz:

It was actually cheaper for me to drive last year. Just took 28 hours of drivin is all. :D And while I don't mind driving, it is a pretty fuckin boring ass drive once ya get past western Montana.

Work is super fucked for me right meow so aren't putting the time off request in at the moment. As soon as I can get that shit all unfucked then I'll make plans on drivin or flyin, etc...

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
My attendance is up in the air this year, pretty much depends on how this job hunt BS goes.

upside - I have a 3rd interview tuesday.
downside - even if i get a job, I might not be able to get the time off.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Howdy gents!

I do plan on going this year, been far too long since I last went which was in 2016. What's the consensus, so far with it moved to the Wisconsin Center? I think this one will be for the record books.

While talking about local events.. I don't remember the guys name, but he had a small room where he would have a solder station set up and do board repair/maintenance anybody happen to know who I am referring to? I am currently looking for somebody who has experience/comfortable doing a monitor cap kit. More than welcome to hit me up if you feel like bringing solder tools with.

Cheers,

majors

Overtop Pathfinder
I'll be there, it's my one con a year that I do not have to work at(yet). The new venue will be a welcome change from the sardine can we've had for the past few years. I know I'll be hanging with in TurboFest room most of the show, now we just need to see how lax the CC is on open container rules.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im in as well. usual stuff. booth. chill. then beer.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
there was always beer afterwards. lol.