Street Fighter IV

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Can't wait to finally play this.

Just snagged an EX2 stick for cheap used so I'm ready.

As slick as those new SFIV sticks are I just can't justify spending the money on one now (gas, food, lodgings, weed > quality-built joysticks.)

Nice site.

I was a little behind on information so I'll be going through that today at work.

I'm still going to be terrible, but hopefully slightly less terrible if I know what's going on beforehand.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I saw that site as well before I left, but it still doesn't mention on Ken's move list about the kick version of his Dragon Punch. But I'm not worried about it because all will be explained in the tutorial mode.

qcf x 2 + all 3 punches?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Since all of the 360 fighting pads and sticks are wired, does anyone know the length of the cord?

I noticed that the fighting pads are now shipping from Gamestop but I am holding off until I can find out the cord length.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Since all of the 360 fighting pads and sticks are wired, does anyone know the length of the cord?

I noticed that the fighting pads are now shipping from Gamestop but I am holding off until I can find out the cord length.

You can always get extensions if your gaming space is really spread out. You really have no other choice for a controller that's worth a damn. Anything is better than the normal MS pads.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
You can always get extensions if your gaming space is really spread out. You really have no other choice for a controller that's worth a damn. Anything is better than the normal MS pads.

I think you're right, I didn't think about an extension.

Just preordered the Special Edition for 360. Man I'm so pumped, got a HRAPex so I'm good to go. Haven't really played seriously any Street Fighter since Hyper Fighting,(totally missed out on SFIII) so I'm bout to get my ass kicked.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
III is irrelevant, Im still winning SF2T tourneys in the last year(08).and 07..
anyone else gonna do the gaystop tourney?

Einhander

Crazed MVS Addict
III is irrelevant, Im still winning SF2T tourneys in the last year(08).and 07..
anyone else gonna do the gaystop tourney?

I'm actually am going to hit this up since there is one hosting round one literally 2 blocks away.

I figured OG SF players that can shallow their pride and enter can make it to round 3 without much trouble since the SF Elite will more than likely not participate, due to it being a strictly X360 GAMEPAD tourney but that is just a hopeful assumption.

FYI, I signed up at my store yesterday and there was only one other person that signed up so far. I can practically feel that headband and wristbands on my body! :rolleyes: It should be fun regardless.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'm actually am going to hit this up since there is one hosting round one literally 2 blocks away.

I figured OG SF players that can shallow their pride and enter can make it to round 3 without much trouble since the SF Elite will more than likely not participate, due to it being a strictly X360 GAMEPAD tourney but that is just a hopeful assumption.

FYI, I signed up at my store yesterday and there was only one other person that signed up so far. I can practically feel that headband and wristbands on my body! :rolleyes: It should be fun regardless.

Actually, the rules state that players must use "whatever controllers are provided". It doesn't literally state they must be MS brand 360 pads.
I went over this with Mitch at his store yesterday, and Arcade-In-A-Box will be providing sticks for his store's tourney. I suppose if you could get in good with the manager at whatever store you're at, if you can convince 'em to break out some sticks, there ya go.

You gotta fight...for your right...to play right.

Einhander

Crazed MVS Addict
Actually, the rules state that players must use "whatever controllers are provided". It doesn't literally state they must be MS brand 360 pads.
I went over this with Mitch at his store yesterday, and Arcade-In-A-Box will be providing sticks for his store's tourney. I suppose if you could get in good with the manager at whatever store you're at, if you can convince 'em to break out some sticks, there ya go.

You gotta fight...for your right...to play right.

Yeah, I caught that legalise but I asked my GS store and they are doin' the pads. Plus, the other downside is if your store isn't round 2, then you will more than likely have to pad it up for round 2...and I'm pretty sure round 3 and 4 (if any of us are so skilled) will be pad too.

I'm just hoping to make some 13 year old cry out that I'm cheap when I throw him for the 16th time. That's my ultimate goal.

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
Yeah, I caught that legalise but I asked my GS store and they are doin' the pads. Plus, the other downside is if your store isn't round 2, then you will more than likely have to pad it up for round 2...and I'm pretty sure round 3 and 4 (if any of us are so skilled) will be pad too.

I'm just hoping to make some 13 year old cry out that I'm cheap when I throw him for the 16th time. That's my ultimate goal.

He'll probably quit the game

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
It's out tomorrow and I have the day off work.

Any of you want Sagat's foot in their face?

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
It's out tomorrow and I have the day off work.

Any of you want Sagat's foot in their face?

I don't know if I will have time to play much tomorrow, but yeah... I'd like to play you. ChineseJunk will be my PSN nametag.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I don't know if I will have time to play much tomorrow, but yeah... I'd like to play you. ChineseJunk will be my PSN nametag.

Cool. Friend request sent.

Catch you soon.

*Goes to dust off HRAP3*

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Cool. Friend request sent.

Catch you soon.

*Goes to dust off HRAP3*

Enjoy it, I'm going to have to wait a few weeks. Amazon was the only ones with free shipping on the Special Edition and it says "Shipping on the 23rd" of February.

Could you check and see if they put the English language option in the Japanese version. I might turn it onto English when I get it for shits n' giggles. Some of the characters sound alright others aren't as good.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
I'm a bad boy:oh_no: i downloaded the x360 version and just played it for about 2 hours:D, so far really enjoying it, also YuckMud the version im playing on is the jap one and you do have the option to chose English, i personally think that some characters sound stupid but other sound fine. also i played a few matches online and i must say the network code is tops, only had one laggy match.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I'm a bad boy:oh_no: i downloaded the x360 version and just played it for about 2 hours:D, so far really enjoying it, also YuckMud the version im playing on is the jap one and you do have the option to chose English, i personally think that some characters sound stupid but other sound fine. also i played a few matches online and i must say the network code is tops, only had one laggy match.

yes.you´re a bad boy.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Been reading impressions from people that have the game in hand and it looks like the lobby system has taken a step backwards from HDR. Only 1vs1 in a room and no spectating. Hopefully they'll release DLC that allows player matches like HDR has.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Been reading impressions from people that have the game in hand and it looks like the lobby system has taken a step backwards from HDR. Only 1vs1 in a room and no spectating. Hopefully they'll release DLC that allows player matches like HDR has.
That is ridiculous. They can't use the fact that it's 3d as an excuse as Tekken 5 DR has a lobby that allows you be be a spectator just like HD remix. WTF capcom, WTF?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
That is ridiculous. They can't use the fact that it's 3d as an excuse as Tekken 5 DR has a lobby that allows you be be a spectator just like HD remix. WTF capcom, WTF?

The few people that have it on SRK are not giving clear info at the moment. Some are saying there are rooms but there is no spectating. While other people have said that there is only 1v1 with no lobbies like how 3S was.
Then there is this pic from famitsu:
0202suto017.jpg

*EDIT* Looks like the pic is from the Championship mode from the DLC

Last edited:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c

Big pimpin. Do you know how to mod the systems or did you buy a modded one?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
That really sucks about not being able to make a room for friends to join in. I like that with Remix, even though I NEVER speak with my headset on.

Hopefully they will fix it, and take some pointers from the Remix team. Just as long as the games aren't that laggy, I'll be happy.