Street Fighter IV

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Went ahead and ordered the 360 limited version. Don't care about the little statue, but I want the movie and I dont have a stick for PS3, sooo... I had to settle for a 720p 'gamedisc' version of the game. Feb can't come soon enough!

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Dropped another credit in this the other day. This time played Arcade mode instead. No one else was playing so no challengers, and I cleared it with one credit without losing a round this time so not much difference in difficulty level between this and Beginner mode.

The only clear difference I did notice was that now pretty much every time I pulled off a Saving Attack that didn't actually counter an enemy attack, the opponent would instantly (a miracle?) pull of a Saving Attack to counter mine.

Scrubbed out a super cancel against Seth too.

The visuals were actually bothering me mid game this time. I guess they are never going to grow on me, and I'll just have to accept that.

I wonder how this game is going to sell for Capcom. I know it has been out a while in the arcade now, but even so the place was reasonably busy both times I've been in recently and nobody was playing this but me. 4 big cabs just sat there. The only fighters being played were the new Tekken 6 and the new VF.

This limited Edition is awesome!I must got it!But why viper for 360?:spock:She is wearing black and must go to PS3!I want the ryu figure !He is better than the other chars of the SF Games.:spock:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Been looking forward to SS4 for awhile now.

Been mulling over getting an arcade stick for my 360 but havent decided which one yet. Unfortunately I live in VT so none of the Gamestops carry anything other than games and crap Gamestop brand controllers. None of the stores ever have any sticks in, so Ive never had a chance to check one out first time.

Im just hoping that online play works out when the game comes out. Had major issues w / SSFT 2 HD and getting constant disconnects in the lobby

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Im just hoping that online play works out when the game comes out. Had major issues w / SSFT 2 HD and getting constant disconnects in the lobby

On 360? Wow. Are you behind a firewall or is your NAT set to strict? I've heard of people on PS3 having problems with the game, but it's been pretty smooth for me on Live.

hanafuda

I read the servers won't be region locked, so expect global battles but maybe some lag.

Also, the PS3 version has an optional install and additional anime cut scenes prior to fights in arcade mode. Can't imagine what these are as intros already exist, but...

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I read the servers won't be region locked, so expect global battles but maybe some lag.

Also, the PS3 version has an optional install and additional anime cut scenes prior to fights in arcade mode. Can't imagine what these are as intros already exist, but...

Sweet! You should be good to go with your fiber optic connection. You can teach me how to focus/save attack. By watching all the videos I have, I am still not sure exactly what you can do with this. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, though. I'm not sure if it all will just "make sense" the moment I start playing, but right now I'm a little confused. And I'm also not sure how to do the EX moves. Can't fucking wait though.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Sweet! You should be good to go with your fiber optic connection. You can teach me how to focus/save attack. By watching all the videos I have, I am still not sure exactly what you can do with this. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, though. I'm not sure if it all will just "make sense" the moment I start playing, but right now I'm a little confused. And I'm also not sure how to do the EX moves. Can't fucking wait though.

There's a thorough tutorial mode in the console version of SFIV. It's definitely the first thing I plan on diving into when I get the game.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The tutorial mode looks awesome. I wish they had that in HD Remix to practice combos on.

The Focus Attacks are kind of like parries, but you just tap the middle punch and kick together and you can do a quick Focus Attack, or hold them down and release them to do a stronger one. You can break through guards and projectiles and cancel out into combos.

I probably screwed part of that up, because I only got to play the game a few times but I'm sure hanafuda will correct me.

The EX Moves work just like the charged up moves in 2nd Impact/3rd Strike. You use part of your super bar to do a ex version of the special move. I was able to get a few wins by using Ken's EX Hurricane Kick. If you jump in the air, the kick will take you across the whole screen and if your quick enough you can get behind and score a few hits.

The game is just plays so damn smooth. It feels like if you took Super Turbo and crossed it with one of the Alpha games. I enjoyed the short time I had with the game and I wasn't able to get much out of the new characters, because all of the people I was playing against knew the game so I didn't last too long.

I can't wait for it to finally come out. Then when I get some extra cash, I gotta get my EX2 modded.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Officially 2 weeks and counting for the JPN version.

I will be getting both 360 and PS3 versions on launch day.

I want SpinX, Wes and other SF heads to play me ASAP. You choose the system.

I will be playing C.Viper and occasionally CAMMY

Bring the hate :vik:

Einhander

Crazed MVS Addict

I'm in also for the 360. I'm actually taking some days off work to nest up with this beauty and I've found a store that will break street. I've played the final version during a press release show and it is a fantastic conversion. Beautiful to look at, no loading what-so-ever and they have this cool training mode for each character where they show you key combos and links that are special to that character. Also, the online rankings use the Japanese Battle Point system. The only real bummers so far are Gouken seems really OP...combo after throw?!? Ridiculous! And that Seth is playable....so other than the scrubs that you'll be facing that choose those characters, it should be a fun ride.

Add me to your friends list, everybody. I want some comp and some whoopins'

hanafuda

The tutorial mode looks awesome. I wish they had that in HD Remix to practice combos on.

The Focus Attacks are kind of like parries, but you just tap the middle punch and kick together and you can do a quick Focus Attack, or hold them down and release them to do a stronger one. You can break through guards and projectiles and cancel out into combos.

I probably screwed part of that up, because I only got to play the game a few times but I'm sure hanafuda will correct me.

The EX Moves work just like the charged up moves in 2nd Impact/3rd Strike. You use part of your super bar to do a ex version of the special move. I was able to get a few wins by using Ken's EX Hurricane Kick. If you jump in the air, the kick will take you across the whole screen and if your quick enough you can get behind and score a few hits.

The game is just plays so damn smooth. It feels like if you took Super Turbo and crossed it with one of the Alpha games. I enjoyed the short time I had with the game and I wasn't able to get much out of the new characters, because all of the people I was playing against knew the game so I didn't last too long.

I can't wait for it to finally come out. Then when I get some extra cash, I gotta get my EX2 modded.

I'm no expert, but I think what you wrote here is pretty accurate.

Snair - looking forward to some matches.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member

Yeah I too will be getting both versions to maximze the competition(more like please all of my friends LOL).

Obviously Balrog and Dhalsim are my mains(sadly T.hawk didn't return) but I think I'm brining Abel to the table as my main. I'm gonna train with him night and day until I'm a beast with him.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yeah I too will be getting both versions to maximze the competition(more like please all of my friends LOL).

Obviously Balrog and Dhalsim are my mains(sadly T.hawk didn't return) but I think I'm brining Abel to the table as my main. I'm gonna train with him night and day until I'm a beast with him.

Rog is definitely proven to be one of the scariest characters in the game with his aggressive style, and a Dhalsim player took the Japan national SFIV title just a few weeks ago. Neither will disappoint IMO.

I look forward to playing you, man. Never got a chance to play you much back in the SFAC days on XBox 1.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Rog is definitely proven to be one of the scariest characters in the game with his aggressive style, and a Dhalsim player took the Japan national SFIV title just a few weeks ago. Neither will disappoint IMO.

I look forward to playing you, man. Never got a chance to play you much back in the SFAC days on XBox 1.

How about Ryu? I know he is good in the right hands, I've seen a lot of vids on youtube of Daigo kicking ass with him. Is he a pretty popular character?

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

Hearing good things about my characters is music to my ears :)

But don't get your hopes up when it comes time to play me. You can ask anybody here who's played me I'm not much to write home about. I talk a lot of shit with Wes and the others but in reality I'm a beat up dummy. I've been manhandled by just about everybody in that HD remix thread LOL.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
How about Ryu? I know he is good in the right hands, I've seen a lot of vids on youtube of Daigo kicking ass with him. Is he a pretty popular character?

He is one of the most versatile, mainly because he can combo almost anything and his Ultra can be tagged onto a lot of things. A lot of people feel that he is second only to Sagat. Regardless, he's a very solid character who matches up well with everyone.

You'll have to relearn him a little, though. He can't be played like 3rd Strike Ryu.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
He is one of the most versatile, mainly because he can combo almost anything and his Ultra can be tagged onto a lot of things. A lot of people feel that he is second only to Sagat. Regardless, he's a very solid character who matches up well with everyone.

You'll have to relearn him a little, though. He can't be played like 3rd Strike Ryu.

Is he closer to ST Ryu? Does he still have his Joudan Sokotou Geri kick? I noticed Gouken uses a similar move with his Focus attack.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Is he closer to ST Ryu? Does he still have his Joudan Sokotou Geri kick? I noticed Gouken uses a similar move with his Focus attack.

He does not have that kick unfortunately. He does have a lot of ST-like attacks, although some of his normals have changed in appearance.

SpinX: I want to play you regardless. Loopz says you have game.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I don't think I've ever even played Loopz but nonetheless I look forward to playing you as well ;)

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I don't think I've ever even played Loopz but nonetheless I look forward to playing you as well ;)

I recall playing Loopz at SFAC a few years ago. Our matches didn't last long. That is to say, he won them all.

I'm damn near salivating for SF4 at this point. I will be getting HD Remix on the 360 as soon as I get my TE stick. Can't wait to play all of you guys.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Officially online. Please add me.

XBOX Live: ChneseJunk

PS3 Gamertag: ChineseJunk

No "i" in the XBOX tag.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The achievement list looks like a lot of fun. I don't go out of my way to get them, because I could care less about my gamer score, but some of them seem like they'd be fun to do.

I went over to the one Flee-Market that's about 45 minutes away from me, where I got my MVS and some games and they guy has SFIV set up in one of the deluxe dynamo cabs. He took the screen out and replaced it with a Samsung monitor and speakers were really good so I could finally hear the music!

I talked to the guy and he told me he got three units, one for the Flee-Market and his other arcade in Queens has two. My friend got to play it for the first time and he really liked it and beat Seth on his third run, but the game felt like it was set a bit easier.

I played twice with Ken and once with Abel. I keep screwing up his punch combo and doing his air grab and get beaten up fast, but he feels like a cool character to use. But I know damn well I'm just going to stick to Ken and Sakura when it comes out in a few weeks.

Since the computer was easy, I was able to fool around with the Focus Attack, and it does work like I said. Press both and it does a quicker attack, not much of a stun, but if you hold it down and it connects, it can power through most attacks and sets up crazy combos.

The one thing that's confusing me now is the whole thing with the supers and ultra moves. I know as Ken, when he has a full bar, his super is the Shoru-Reppa and his ultra is his new kick and uppercut combo. But somehow I was able to pull off the Kick version super (I call it the Dragon Column because of the Vs. Series). It's not listed on the machine, but I did pull it off twice, thinking I was going to do his new ultra combo.

I tried to look on GameFAQ's and I was surprised that NOBODY has written up any character guides. I know the game is only in a few arcades in America, but that hasn't stopped people from putting out stuff like that before.