Street Fighter IV

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
Just got back from a buddy's house, played a solid 3-4 hours of SF4 with a bunch of ppl...man I haven't touched this game in 2 months because of PSO so this was a good chance for my to brush up my SF4 gaming. Man I miss this game.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
anyone still playing this one? I honestly have this one on the backburner as of late but I should give it a boot soon.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I play, my experience is decent. Add me on psn and we'll do games. Expect boxer, dictator and blanka a lot.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Do you play them cause you dig them or cause online is shit you can use charge beter than others?

No, i'm actually good with blanka, and strong with boxer. I used ryu originally in the old video 94 days, and quit him to main rog. I used urien primarily as you know, so I prefer charge styles. All those characters are ryu bait also, so I gotta play above form. In preference, its not the charging, its the poking of chars like blanka and rog. rog and blanka's sRH, their great zone anti air pokes. The idea charge characters beast online is stupid, all this bs can be avoided by playing green bar games. I did casuals with two beastly players and we had great games actually. Actually, people believe blanka and balrog are cheap, but that is such bullshit. When I went on streaks with friends I got called cheap, but its not my fault if they have such a poor defense, I can take advantage of it. Blanka can be a fucked up character in lagged matches, and if the lag is terrible, I won't be playing those anyways, i'm not even doing those for rank or anything anymore. I want a match that caters to reaction.

Online varies, I used to hate console IV, but I respect the game, i just hate that I don't have the time to play enough to be top 8 in and offline environment. I'll probably be entering tourneys soon to test what I've worked on, maybe go out second round and work from there. Currently, rufus is my biggest hurdle, in which my defense goes to shit. I need to up my reaction to throw breaks in that match. So far, tourneys seem the only way to conquer bad habits in IV.

I can use other characters, but those three I mentioned are my mains because they work for me, they also have the hit confirm styles I adore.

Last edited:

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
by SF: TS do you mean Street Fighter III Third Strike? That is online now on one of the new consoles?

I just started playing this.

All I can say atm is that SF:TS > SFIV.

but.

SFIV online > SF:TS online.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
by SF: TS do you mean Street Fighter III Third Strike? That is online now on one of the new consoles?

Not sure if anyone still plays on xbox live. I tried a few times at my friend's house with my copy, but there didn't seem to be anyone online. Other than that, your only other option is GGPO or 2DF.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
No, i'm actually good with blanka, and strong with boxer. I used ryu originally in the old video 94 days, and quit him to main rog. I used urien primarily as you know, so I prefer charge styles. All those characters are ryu bait also, so I gotta play above form. In preference, its not the charging, its the poking of chars like blanka and rog. rog and blanka's sRH, their great zone anti air pokes. The idea charge characters beast online is stupid, all this bs can be avoided by playing green bar games. I did casuals with two beastly players and we had great games actually. Actually, people believe blanka and balrog are cheap, but that is such bullshit. When I went on streaks with friends I got called cheap, but its not my fault if they have such a poor defense, I can take advantage of it. Blanka can be a fucked up character in lagged matches, and if the lag is terrible, I won't be playing those anyways, i'm not even doing those for rank or anything anymore. I want a match that caters to reaction.

Online varies, I used to hate console IV, but I respect the game, i just hate that I don't have the time to play enough to be top 8 in and offline environment. I'll probably be entering tourneys soon to test what I've worked on, maybe go out second round and work from there. Currently, rufus is my biggest hurdle, in which my defense goes to shit. I need to up my reaction to throw breaks in that match. So far, tourneys seem the only way to conquer bad habits in IV.

I can use other characters, but those three I mentioned are my mains because they work for me, they also have the hit confirm styles I adore.

Most people say Rog is cheap cause most people who play him mash cLP like crazy. Not only do they do it when you get close, but they also do it in the moddle of your combos an guard strings.

Each time I went to AI, all the Rog players did this shit, it annoys the hell out of me, but I don't consider it cheap. I just don't like playing against mashers in general. I got sick of it on Kaillera, where people said they do it cause of delay/lag, and I hate it even more when I play someone side by side, and claim they aren't doing that shit.

As for Blanka, I don't see why he's so bad. Since I'm an Able player its a pain in the ass fighting him, but I don't think he's that bad of a character.

Bison is also bad for me as Abel, and I love using him especially against Geif users. his sHK just rapes everything. I suck with him, but I know the basics well enough to do some damage with him.

The whole concept of cheap characters is bullshit to me. Sure, there are easy characters to use that deal out tons of damage and have massive combos, but that doesn't mean they're cheap. learn to fight againt them and you shouldn't have a problem(I don't mean you, D. I'm just talking about people in general). You should smack your buddies upside the head for saying that shit.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Most people say Rog is cheap cause most people who play him mash cLP like crazy. Not only do they do it when you get close, but they also do it in the moddle of your combos an guard strings.

Each time I went to AI, all the Rog players did this shit, it annoys the hell out of me, but I don't consider it cheap. I just don't like playing against mashers in general. I got sick of it on Kaillera, where people said they do it cause of delay/lag, and I hate it even more when I play someone side by side, and claim they aren't doing that shit.

As for Blanka, I don't see why he's so bad. Since I'm an Able player its a pain in the ass fighting him, but I don't think he's that bad of a character.

Bison is also bad for me as Abel, and I love using him especially against Geif users. his sHK just rapes everything. I suck with him, but I know the basics well enough to do some damage with him.

The whole concept of cheap characters is bullshit to me. Sure, there are easy characters to use that deal out tons of damage and have massive combos, but that doesn't mean they're cheap. learn to fight againt them and you shouldn't have a problem(I don't mean you, D. I'm just talking about people in general). You should smack your buddies upside the head for saying that shit.

My bad if my stuff sounded personal dude.
I totally understand your issue with the shittyness of block strings, its one of the things I hate the most. IV is like one of the most unfun games in heated matches. Bison's sRH and Sagats are both way to free in this game. I understand your frustration. What I hate most about SFIV is how some matches are just super uphill. IE; a character has a good poke, and the nature of IV makes spamming beefy range shit great, because the recovery is stupid fast.

Bison is also one of the few who are immune to wake ups due to ex psycho crusher or devil reverse.

IV is fucking annoying as shit because cross adaption completely eliminates play styles left and right. In order to even be truly good, you need to be fresh, play at a arcade five times a week for 4-5 hours a trip, and work on eliminating ANY repetition. The game is so stupid, the depth comes from that fact, that people try to play unorthodox out of it.

I don't have many issues in the Abel match with my Blanka. I don't think many people can be good with abel, as a lot of abel players don't mix up enough, IE; fwdMK, dash then command grab, that works once, but people don't do that fwdMK to his cFP + cancel enough, and that is where the mind games become great and get started, they just repeat that same cmd grab shit, and I end up just jumping and landing combos. I need good Abel players to show me how to fight a legit Abel.

Balrog's jabs make him a beast, its not even that the players are mashers, in some situations its the right thing to do. I actually stop Bison players mid scissor kick with my standing WP, it actually beats it without a trade! I don't do it as much vs shoto's, but IV is such a stupid game, its not like thats even a bad gameplan, in any other SF, it'd be bad.

Mashing sWP is fine, because its super hit confirmable. Once one or two of those land, you get a immediate follow up. Problem with rog is beating good ryu's, that can be INCREDIBLY difficult, because his footsie game and projectiles make it really rough.

Last edited:

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
this is all i really play on xbl. anyone like to add me for some matches? gamertag: decepticreep