Hi-Res Minis available now!

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Yeah, Grizz told me he rounded the corners and put a border a while back. Not really sure, but it was his choice.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Huh... weird.... Hey Grizz, if you still read this, can you make the original ones available as well? Or if you think it'll violate some copyrights or something, could you e-mail me a file with them all?

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
CoolCraig has all my originals already. the reason the borders went on are for the rounded marquees, and for my special designed marquees. Just ask Craig for the originals
you need :buttrock:

Huh... weird.... Hey Grizz, if you still read this, can you make the original ones available as well? Or if you think it'll violate some copyrights or something, could you e-mail me a file with them all?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Any chance you can throw 'em up into a second gallery or something? I actually plan on printing out a bunch of them to go in my cabinet that requires taping up marquees, once I get a new MV1F, so that I can run two MVSs instead of an MVS and a Hyper, on occasion. I don't want to bother the dude on a weekly basis for them.

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
nadda ..way to many man..the gallery stays as it stands..sorry man..craig has all of them also backed up :}

Any chance you can throw 'em up into a second gallery or something? I actually plan on printing out a bunch of them to go in my cabinet that requires taping up marquees, once I get a new MV1F, so that I can run two MVSs instead of an MVS and a Hyper, on occasion. I don't want to bother the dude on a weekly basis for them.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Grizz, I'll gladly put them back up if I can get all the originals. Personally, I like both sets and would like to keep the originals up for archival purposes. If I'd have known you were planning to take them down I would have set up a separate album for the new ones. So unless you have some objection to having them up there in a separate gallery, I can probably set up an FTP site for them to be uploaded to (that should make it easier), and then I'll put them back on the site myself little by little when I can.

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
no problem brother
260 minis though
set something up..i will up them ALL for yah :}

Grizz, I'll gladly put them back up if I can get all the originals. Personally, I like both sets and would like to keep the originals up for archival purposes. If I'd have known you were planning to take them down I would have set up a separate album for the new ones. So unless you have some objection to having them up there in a separate gallery, I can probably set up an FTP site for them to be uploaded to (that should make it easier), and then I'll put them back on the site myself little by little when I can.

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
the only reason i even rounded them and added the border is because..most of the minis were being cut off on the sides..tops and bottoms. with the new ones..this does not happen. you can read everything.

Looking for these marquees as well as I own a sticker shop and I want to print a couple marquees for my cab on translucent sticker material.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I know it's a long shot, but any chance of making a King of Gladiator a la CTHD 2003, or a Neo Bomberman? As it turns out IDK where to get the Neo Bomberman art, and obviously King of Gladiator would have to be a custom....

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
n00b question. What's the best way to print it for use? I just tried printing on films for overhead projector, with disastrous results.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
^That's the best, but'll cost you $5 per mini.

If you're just trying to do it quick, cheap, and ghetto, take it to a Kinkos and ask for it to be printed in color on 20 pound paper instead of 24 pound. That lets a bit more light through at least.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
^That's the best, but'll cost you $5 per mini.

If you're just trying to do it quick, cheap, and ghetto, take it to a Kinkos and ask for it to be printed in color on 20 pound paper instead of 24 pound. That lets a bit more light through at least.

That would be plain paper, no gloss, right?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Well yeah, but then you get them laminated, and you end up spending around $3 for two of your own homemade minis. ($.50 for the print, $2.50 for lamination, or something like that)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I know, but some of his MMs look almost identical to the genuine (for example, AOF-1EV and BaseballStars-JR on the first page) aside from a slight font change in the bottom paragraph in the AoF example and the spelling of two words in the BSP example. If I had those MMs done proper on acetate, I won't be able to tell the original MMs apart from the reproductions.

This is probably just a stupid complaint from me, but I'd still prefer repro MM that serve its purpose (presentable and functional on the MM holder) without risk of being confused with a genuine.

Last edited:

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Eh. . . the repros may age to look more like the real ones, but the real ones look and feel like plastic, while the repros look, feel, and smell rubbery. Not that there's anything wrong with that. . .

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Guess I'll take a look at the ones for kits known to come without MMs, so that there would be no risk of being confused with genuines.