Bargin bin stocks?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Hey this board has all kinds of people on it and thought I remember some people saying they were day traders or brokers.
Anyways Im looking to invest $6-800 a month over the next 6 months and get out in or around August of next year. Id like to buy small amounts of 4-5 compaines a month.
Im looking for penny stocks to $10 a share of companys that are financially secure and just currently undervalued.

So who do you like? Please include at least the ticker name, a link with some research would awesome. Also the reason why you like them would be cool as well.

Also who do you trade with and what are there fees. Right now im trading with my bank and they charge $20 a trade. :hammer: Its convient but its killing my strategy.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
You aren't going to make much if anything if you pull out in August, sorry.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
It's a trap:

Electronic Chat Rooms, Blogs and Bulletin Boards

The fact that an individual is registered subjects him/her to a higher standard than members of the general public. Given the fast-paced environment of chat rooms, blogs and bulletin boards, casual or off-handed statements have the potential of crossing the line between being a reasonable opinion and an exaggerated or unwarranted claim. Because of the difficulties of supervision and the potential liabilities from participating in these forums, many firms limit or prohibit participation altogether.

Chat room participation by RRs is considered a public appearance. Therefore, RRs must follow the same requirements for participating in a chat room that they would if they were speaking in person before a group of investors. There are no filing requirements, but RRs are accountable under FINRA Conduct Rules and the federal securities laws for what they say regarding securities or services. Also, member firms are responsible for supervising the business-related activities of RRs including chat room participation. Remember, these rules apply regardless of whether an RR is in the office at home or a public computer.

In general, blogs and bulletin boards are considered advertisements and as such, all the content standards apply. Depending on the subject matter, firms may need to file these postings with FINRA.

RRs who are considering hosting a bulletin board, blog or chat room should contact their compliance department to determine whether such activities are permitted and what procedures may apply. Member firms must supervise the operation of any securities-related blog, bulletin board or chat room hosted by an RR or by the firm itself to ensure compliance with FINRA Conduct Rules and the federal securities laws. For example, a member firm may limit when commenters can post new messages to times when such messages can be monitored. A member firm may also require commenters to register and agree to abide by the terms of the Web site, including limitations on content.

Source: http://www.finra.org/Industry/Issues/Advertising/p006118

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
It's a trap.

Hey I emailed you about a month ago and you never wrote me back.

Edit:Op you edited your post. Ok then dont post in here if your a firm.

68k I predict March will roar in like a lion and things will be going back to normal if not sooner. I dont buy this next two year thing. But you can obstain...hahaha I kid.

Last edited:

20 Year Member
In 3 months? Hey, it's your money...

Define "back to normal".

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
I remember some people saying they were day traders or brokers.

And they are most likely trading with someone elses money... and for good reason.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Hey I emailed you about a month ago and you never wrote me back.

About what? Was it the email about adding arcade stuff to Vgrebirth? If so, I'd love to, but all my coders have jumped ship so I don't have a meaningful way of doing so right now. If it was about something else, let me know...I'm a little scatterbrained with emails and all.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
And they are most likely trading with someone elses money... and for good reason.

Buy low sell high, too many people jump out of the hottub when they don't like the tempature instead of waiting a bit for the thermostat to kick in.

Right now energy is cheap, the dollar is back on par, and other commodities are stable. Current conditions are ripe for growth. Hey yeah tomorow could change....

The things above and a few other variables are what fuxord last year.
The media has been ruining consumer confidence for the last several years.
The most current downturn is a knee jerk reaction from Wall Street on the news that the new president is a Democrat.

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
Having worked in finance for most of my professional life, be sure that nobody knows what will happen. There's a reason professional traders have a sickening amount of computers to calculate risk: b/c that's what it is -- risk. They don't know what the fuck is going to happen. You want to make a good investment? Do something long term. If the market bottoms out (like it has this year) you don't worry about it b/c it's a blip over the long term.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I feel like oil is actually a decent bargain right now, but I'll be the first to admit that there's NOTHING stable about this market.

The global economy is in a prolonged slump right now, demand for commodities is falling and is likely to fall further, and fall for quite a while.

Only go in if you're fully prepared to lose your ass.

Honestly the best bet right now is to just save your cash and keep an eye on things.

Trying to call a bottom right now is fucking suicide.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cash is king in a falling economy with people loosing thier jobs...

You can buy all sorts of awesome ass shit...

Property, Classic Sportscars, Pinball Machines.... They all can be had really cheap when you find somebody who can't wait for a better offer... E

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Invest in McDonald's - hell they just posted an almost 8% growth in earnings for the month of November. Never really thought of McDonald's as a recession proof company.

Seriously, before you go investing, make sure you have all your ducks in a row.
You should have no debt, I mean 0, and have at least 6 months of saved income before you go investing.

Also, you should look to mutual funds - they are way safer, but require you to be invested for longer periods to show any kind of ROI. See what brokers deal in penny stocks, I know of a few popular online brokers who do not deal in penny stocks at all. I know a few tech stocks have taken a beating lately, sony just laid off 8,000 employees, it is a market full of uncertainty

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
This is the wrong climate for short-term gains. I think what you're planning, taking $600 or so monthly and investing it, is a really good idea, but your best bet would be to shoot much longer out with these investments. Pretty much everything is at rock-bottom prices and I think we've still got a few months to go down before we start going up.

Some questions: Do you currently have a 401K? Are you already maxing out at least the amount needed to get your employer's matching? How about to the federal limit? For us younger folk, I can't stress investing in your 401K enough. This is not a short term gain, this is your future. Right now I'm down about 30% in my 401K portfolio. Normally that would scare the shit out of me, but all it really means is I'm buying stuff at rock-bottom prices. 5-10-15-30 years from now you'll be happy you kept your 401K healthy during this (and any future) down-turns. Also, remember that 401Ks lower your taxed income, meaning lower taxes come April. If that means nothing to you now, it probably will soon. Just don't underestimate the power of compounding interest, cheap stock prices, and a little faith can have on your retirement plans.

Since it sounds like you're just getting started. I can't recommend a Random Walk Down Wall Street enough to get your feet wet. It's a good introduction of the who/what/etc that you'll need to know. You may want to invest more in indexes or exchanges. Buy in a group of stocks instead of just single companies... etc. There isn't a lot of money to be made "today," but if you play your cards right you can get very wealthy from this down-spell in the economy.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Invest in McDonald's - hell they just posted an almost 8% growth in earnings for the month of November. Never really thought of McDonald's as a recession proof company.

They say the cinema and less expensive restaurants are the last thing to go out of Americans income.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
They say the cinema and less expensive restaurants are the last thing to go out of Americans income.

Your wrong on the less expensive restaurant comment.

They wouldn't be posting same store growth if that was true.

Either way you should be doing your own homework and not listening to what other people say to buy, that's just going to make you loose money and fast.

I use etrade..the max $ is 12.99 a trade. There are cheaper ones out there though

20 Year Member
The best thing to do is ignore everyone's advice and invest, then pull out in August and pocket the vast earnings.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
While I'm certainly not recommending the strategy, if you are convinced that the market will rebound, doing a long call option in a stock you think is undervalued might be the way to go.

It will limit your downside risk if the stock itself tanks as you are only out the cost of the option contract, and you have more leverage since you can "sell" more securities than you otherwise could have owned if your contract goes into the money.

I personally find option trading to be akin to gambling, but if there wasn't potential to make money there, people wouldn't do it.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
you should buy some Sirius XM Stock (SIRI)

You could get like 4000 shares for $600 and if it goes up just 10 cents you have made $400!!

Note: *I am not a financial adviser and have not affiliated with SIRI nor do i own any SIRI stock*

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
GM and Ford stocks. You can buy them for about the cost of eating at Burger King.

If Congress bends over and funs them countless billions, what will that do to their stock's value ?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
GM and Ford stocks. You can buy them for about the cost of eating at Burger King.

If Congress bends over and funs them countless billions, what will that do to their stock's value ?

Yeah Ford was the first one I bought a few weeks ago. The plan right now is to only give everybody enough money to last untill March after Obamas in place and comfortable. Also Ford doesnt seem to think it needs the money, they say they can go about a year before filing for bankruptcy. Ford and Chevy have been hemmoraging cash for the last 3-4 years and I dont think it'll be a $50 stock for another 3 at least . I put a sell order for if it doubles in value but I doubt itll happen. Im gonna wait untill after Senate approves the deal and sell. Hey its up .40 a share so I at least made my transaction fee back.

I also bought Yingli {YGE} and Motorola {MOT} so far.

Ive never heard of Yingli but the sheets look nice. Some claim that they arnt true and next years shipments will be down. Yingli dissagrees. Bought for under $5 was at $40 at the begining of the year. They make parts for solar panels.

Motorola is always an undervalued stock imo and they have good cash on hand.
Next years handset sales are expected to drop 5%. I dont care though, they're into all kinds of things other than cellphones and I dont see them going anywhere anytime soon. Also theve been downgraded to junk territory which will raise interest rates for them to borrow. Bought for about $4 and imo is a $18 stock all day long. Think Ive seen it at almost $70 before. I think it'll be at $15+ late next year.

Im contemplating Yahoo or Intel for next payday. Microsofts at about $20 right now but it hasnt been above a $30-70 stock since the anti trust lawsuit days.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
you should buy some Sirius XM Stock (SIRI)

You could get like 4000 shares for $600 and if it goes up just 10 cents you have made $400!!

Note: *I am not a financial adviser and have not affiliated with SIRI nor do i own any SIRI stock*

You know what Im going for it. But not $600. Maybe $200 if that. Paydays a couple days away.

S&P says-
Current price=.16
12 month target price=.50
52 week high $3.89
80% buy rating
Risk:extremely high
Company Strength 1-100=4 (ewww)
Grade C

they just bought XM right? Whys the stock so low?
Doesnt look like they have much cash on hand and arnt going to make much next year. ohh alot of debt out there. Cash is king these days. Remember Im looking for strong companies with cash.

Oh and stocks this cheap have a $35 transaction fee through my bank.

20 Year Member
The plan right now is to only give everybody enough money to last untill March after Obamas in place and comfortable.

Then what happens after he gets comfortable?

20 Year Member
If only it were that simple.