Pc engine or FM towns marty?

Pc Engine or FM towns?

• Pc Engine.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • FM towns marty

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • What the hell,I've never even heard of these.

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

Mrandersonjr

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've been deciding this for a while now,and I thought that the neo community could give me a hand.Should I get a Pc Engine or an FM towns marty? Both have excellent games on them but I am mainly looking for really hard games.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Not to familiar with the FM towns marty - but I am very familiar with the Pc Engine / Turbo Grfx.

I love the TG16/PCE - It has great games, and alot of diversity. Legendary Axe II is a fucking awesome game that is quite hard. The first 3 levels are difficult, but the 4th is down right hard.

Also, I know the TG16 has a nice connector on the back where you can tap RGB directly. This may not mean anything to most, but its a nice feature to me

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Good luck finding games for the Marty... I say get a PC Engine. It has many more quality games anyway.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I've owned many incarnations of the PCE/Turbografx (PCE Coregrafx, SCDROM2 unit, Turbo Duo, PCE LT, etc.) and definitely recommend you get that over the Marty. Marty stuff, for one, is much more difficult to find (if you don't believe me, try looking for Splatterhouse for under $300, good luck) and you will pay much more in the long run if you decide to go for Marty over PCE. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the CD drives on Marty's use a rubber band or something similar to get them to spin thus making them more prone to failing after awhile.

My suggestion is to either get a PC Engine Supergrafx or Coregrafx with the Super CDROM2 unit or, a PCE Duo R. Those are probably the most stable systems and will work practically forever if you take care of them. Too bad no one here mods them anymore for S-Video/region switch anymore, though. Man, I miss D-Lite....:(

Jon

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
Console with tons of awesome shit vs. shitty old computer with no good games? Tough choice, but I'd go with the PCE.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PC-Engine if you are realy into shoot'em ups and such beside it's platformers,and other type of games it has.

Currently i have a duo-r and TG16+CD attachment and it's great for games such as,Dracula-X,Bonks Adventure,Ys 1&2 and Blazeing Lazers etc.

If don't you mind what the prices are for it on some games it's worth it.

I got nothing to say about the fm town marty.Though it's sure know for having realy good ports of arcade games such as splatterhouse.

The problem that console has is it price for it's games think aes prices :p

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
No contest. PC Engine all the way, especially if you're into shooters.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've NEVER heard anybody gush over the FM Towns Marty.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
PC Engine all the way. Even if the versions of games on both systems are superior on Marty, like said above, you'll pay through the nose for them.

This may sound backwards but ive been thinking recently, on systems like FM Towns etc high end machines of the time, games may be nigh on arcade exact, you might as well go whole pcb hog for the money, - its cheaper and probably more interesting to play slightly remixed cheaper conversions on Megadrive or PC Engine.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
PC Engine without question. Back when the Marty was produced, getting one made sense because you could get perfect arcade ports for much less then the price of a PCB. But today, most PCBs are a lot cheaper then the Marty versions. I'd only recommend the Marty for the extreme game collector.

Marty vs PCB = AES vs MVS

Mrandersonjr

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Winner by landslide:PCE!

I've bought the Pc Engine from our very own Nickn.I got a great deal,and got Dragon Spirit off of ebay with free shipping for 9.99. The PCE was $70 w/ shipping costs.I will be posting pics soon enough once he ships it out on Tuesday.:vik:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
yea, comparing the two is like comparing chocolate to shit.
PCE Turbo GFX alllll the way

aria

Former Moderator
Good choice, based on the library of game alone --the PC Engine was a no-brainer over most systems. Just be careful --they have some rare titles that put Neo prices to shame :loco:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
it's clearly PCE, but i figured some marty fanboy would have voted for it.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
marty no question.

i mean just compare splatterhouse on the two and its obvious the marty is the superior console.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
marty no question.

i mean just compare splatterhouse on the two and its obvious the marty is the superior console.

FEET BEHIND THE FUCKING GRASS YOU MOTHERFUCKING COW FUCKING BASTARDS!

Some fucker went and ruined the shutout.

Let's blame this on Airraid, no matter what.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Anyone have any recent opinions on this? Thx!

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Back in the day, I was so impressed by the Marty because it was the only console that could pull off an almost identical port of Viewpoint. But then the Marty sort of faded away. I still own my Turbo Duo and a shot load of games. The PC Engine and its many variants therein is the answer. Hands down.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I recommend buying Video Games New York's $2000 loose FM Towns Marty.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
We have a Marty. You may want to get a newer FM Towns model for better compatibility. This is a strange question though, because PC Engine clearly has the better selection of games, especially arcade style and action-oriented games.