Street Fighter HD Remix Thread

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
This game is really for the fighting game fanatics. If it's not worth $15 to you then there's not many fighting games you'll want to spend money on.

For reals, this is the best $15 I've ever spent on a new game, hands down. Yes, the demo is crippled and shitty, they really should've known better than to do something like that. They're going to lose a lot of sales from the casual crowd this way, especially when people already balk at anything over $10. But if you still have any love in your heart for Street Fighter, this game is completely and totally worth the purchase.

Good games to Loopz, MilkManX, and ChunkyLover earlier! We discovered just how racist Capcom really is. :lolz:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
For reals, this is the best $15 I've ever spent on a new game, hands down. Yes, the demo is crippled and shitty, they really should've known better than to do something like that. They're going to lose a lot of sales from the casual crowd this way, especially when people already balk at anything over $10. But if you still have any love in your heart for Street Fighter, this game is completely and totally worth the purchase.

Good games to Loopz, MilkManX, and ChunkyLover earlier! We discovered just how racist Capcom really is. :lolz:

That is the triple truth, Ruth.
Damn I was having a good time with that shit. Yeah, you have to really love ST, and have had an endless string of evenings with that game going way past Battle 99 in your past to truly appreciate it. If you do, $15 ain't shit for this experience. Closest we'll ever get to the arcade again, the lobby system and netcode work really well considering how handicapped Hyper Fighting on XBLA was.

I will be playing this for a long, long time to come. Between SFHD and Netflix, my Box is going to be getting a hell of a lot of use.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
this games is really good!
best game by Backbone no doubt!and best stuff Udon ever did.i fucking hate ALL their comic stuff.Nice one!
finally got to play with a member,Electricgrave,who destroyed me to pieces.
cant do shit with the 360 pad!!!!!!
AN ARCADE STICK IS ON THE WAY RIGHT NOW!

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I need a damn arcade stick now. I completely suck using the 360 pad :lolz:
If you're on 360 add me! skink517

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Warning: BBH has a killer Zangief!!

Damn. Hate it!

Yes we did discover some funky glitches though!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hear you man, I hate the pad too. I've beenplaying with one of them Hori sticks and they're half way decent, I've been meaning to replace the parts in the stick, but I have other paying projects ahead, so for now this will do although I much rather play with a stick with Happs in it then I will really shine.

I found some good competition in there, some incredible players and not a lot of scrubs which is very nice and it shows you how wonderful and balanced this game is. I know soon folks will talk the tier talk and so on, but still the game manages to keep things in check so the fights flow better without frustration.

I think we should make a list of gametags just so we can go to the firt post and add accordingly, 'cause some of the tags are lost in all the jurgon post such as this one...

PS: Man I wanna play BBH, I love Zangief and is always nice to see folks that can play with more than just shotos.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Just played for almost 2 hours against random folks.

Game sucks up a fair amount of time, that's for sure...

Weren't that many good players on though.

At least they can't be if I was beating them and I already know I'm terrible.

Fei Long is all I somewhat know.

Need to branch out some more (Bruce Lee clone is just as awesome as the real thing though.)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
yo. i don't get enough ps3 time in, but hit me up on the psn as AlecGh and we'll brawl some.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
This game is really for the fighting game fanatics. If it's not worth $15 to you then there's not many fighting games you'll want to spend money on.

Street Fighter 2 was one of those games that pretty much defined my childhood.:D

I enjoyed it to tears, but this game didn't really impress. I don't think it's a the worst game made, and the real game may be better, but it's not worth $15 to me.

It's a bit pathetic when Guilty Gear has a leg up on a Street Fighter game in terms of animation. So for my gaming buck, I'm much happier playing what I already have then paying for something that looks pretty, but that's about it.

But hey, more power to you folks. Enjoy!:buttrock:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Street Fighter 2 was one of those games that pretty much defined my childhood.:D

I enjoyed it to tears, but this game didn't really impress. I don't think it's a the worst game made, and the real game may be better, but it's not worth $15 to me.

It's a bit pathetic when Guilty Gear has a leg up on a Street Fighter game in terms of animation. So for my gaming buck, I'm much happier playing what I already have then paying for something that looks pretty, but that's about it.

But hey, more power to you folks. Enjoy!:buttrock:

Street Fighter is like my fighting vagina. It's the only one I choose, over and over and over again for the rest of my life. Surely you can understand that.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

You are no longer a child. Like I said, this game is for the fighting game fanatics. This game transcends time for many of the SF players that started back in the early 90s. Some have moved on, like yourself. It's not a knock. It's just an explanation.

The crippled demo version doesn't impress. Why should it? It's just that: a crippled demo. The full version is better. Don't take my word for it, though. Don't take the word of the thousands of players online, either. Try it for yourself. Like previously said, there are much, MUCH worse things you have and probably will spend $15 on. Then again, if you aren't an SF fan then this definitely isn't for you.

Guilty Gear doesn't have a leg up on animation in Third Strike, which is a Street Fighter game. SF HD Remix looks pretty, and plays way fucking better than any Guilty Gear game. I'll argue all day about that too, if you want to get into it. Complain about the animation if you will (that's about the only thing the other two people who complain about this game have to gripe about). It's a fair complaint, but for the real players it's all about the game play, and SFHD Remix has that in fucking spades.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I love seeing all the people that jumped the gun on counting this game out slowly come around. That haters only thread is a great read these days.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I love seeing all the people that jumped the gun on counting this game out slowly come around. That haters only thread is a great read these days.

I will admit to eating a large, stinky bowl of crow on this one.
The early screenshots really did look like hot ass. Based on that, I had a tough time imagining it would actually play the same. But after it all came together with the excellent net code, I must say, its easily worth the money.

Some of the sprites still look really shitty, but I digress.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Street Fighter is like my fighting vagina. It's the only one I choose, over and over and over again for the rest of my life. Surely you can understand that.

Sadly, you've got a bad case of the sloopy seconds.:emb:

You are no longer a child. Like I said, this game is for the fighting game fanatics. This game transcends time for many of the SF players that started back in the early 90s. Some have moved on, like yourself. It's not a knock. It's just an explanation.

The crippled demo version doesn't impress. Why should it? It's just that: a crippled demo. The full version is better. Don't take my word for it, though. Don't take the word of the thousands of players online, either. Try it for yourself. Like previously said, there are much, MUCH worse things you have and probably will spend $15 on. Then again, if you aren't an SF fan then this definitely isn't for you.

I'm a big SF fan, but a demo should wet the appetite, not sicken the stomach, at least in my opinion. Capcom seems to have a knack for releasing poor demos of great games.

Guilty Gear doesn't have a leg up on animation in Third Strike, which is a Street Fighter game. SF HD Remix looks pretty, and plays way fucking better than any Guilty Gear game. I'll argue all day about that too, if you want to get into it. Complain about the animation if you will (that's about the only thing the other two people who complain about this game have to gripe about). It's a fair complaint, but for the real players it's all about the game play, and SFHD Remix has that in fucking spades.

That's the problem, I'm not comparing GG to SFTS. I'm comparing GG to this current SF. Is it maybe a bit nitpicky? Maybe, but it's part of the package deal.

There may be a day when I buy the game, but there's just too much else to play. For folks like yourself who rarely get on Live to play anything but fighting games, it makes sense.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm a big SF fan, but a demo should wet the appetite, not sicken the stomach, at least in my opinion. Capcom seems to have a knack for releasing poor demos of great games.

Then you admit that the demo isn't an accurate portrayal of the actual game. If you believe this, then why would you let a demo detour you from getting the game? Especially one that most people are glowing about. It doesn't make sense, unless you don't care about SF in general. If so then that's cool.

That's the problem, I'm not comparing GG to SFTS. I'm comparing GG to this current SF. Is it maybe a bit nitpicky? Maybe, but it's part of the package deal.

Well in your post, you didn't specify:

It's a bit pathetic when Guilty Gear has a leg up on a Street Fighter game in terms of animation.

But in any case, what does the animation matter? Even in Third Strike, nobody really cares about the animation, even though it's plentiful. It's all about the gameplay in the end. But by your logic, Guilty Gear must be pathetic when to this day an SF game from 1997 still has the leg up on them in terms of animation.

There may be a day when I buy the game, but there's just too much else to play. For folks like yourself who rarely get on Live to play anything but fighting games, it makes sense.

It makes sense for the fans of the series, regardless if you play online or not (even though the netcode is fantastic). I just think your grounds for not wanting to get the game are a bit silly, that's all.

Anyway, I still need to play Loopz! I just hope he'll accept an invite... one day... and stop watching all those movies.. hehe

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I just wrote a big ass typical post in all kinds of retaliation towards the stupidity in this place, I read it and found that I was just being mad and crazy as usual, so instead I'm just gonna point out some things.

Jedah, you're cheap and you love to instigate so fuck you for being persistently annoying, don't want the game? don't play it! I'll paypal you the 15 if it hurts your wallet that damn much, but you have to play online though, otherwise step off and go back to whatever it is you find worthy of your pocket money.

Wes, You're wrong and have no right to call out on the GG series like that, always so full of yoursef and your opinion as if it should be consider a standard of some sort, so fuck you for that. I'm looking foward to fight you one of these days though, you talk some big shit when it comes to fighters, so I'm sure I'll learn something in the process.

I think the game is amazing, it truly is although is not the best IMHO, FFS reigns supreme in my eyes, however I do wish the online matches played as smooth as they do in SFHD. Remix mode is fun a very welcome addition, classic is nice too, I couldn't ask more from this game and the art in it, after all is Udon and it reeks of SRK's fandom service take it as you wish.

I'll be tag collecting fuckers, hope to find you soon...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Some guy last night was slapping me around nicely with Honda.

Played him three times that night and bested me on all three.

That headbutt kept me on my toes...

Wasn't anything I could do about it except try to catch him with a flaming kick (Fei is my main) through baiting or just good timing when he got close with it.

Managed to cross him up a few times but since I suck I fucked up on my combo timing and missed the chance at a win.

Yeah, I still think the new sprites are hideous.

I'll likely never think otherwise but the game is fun.

And this from someone who keeps saying he doesn't care about Fighters.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have a tip:

Use someone decent instead of fei long. lol

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
PSN SNKzato1

Im loving this so far. They thought of so much. classic styles graphics and music, and dip switches!

ROG is still killin!

the nerfing of rogs medium grab range is killing me

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I admit, I was one of them. Playing the beta made me lose all hope for this game, but after I played the full version I was amazed on how good it is. Best $15 I spent.