Street Fighter HD Remix Thread

datalogik

Zero's Tailor,
Damn I want this for the PS3, anyone here into PSN game sharing? I'll gladly buy one from you.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
ugh.
This game looks like complete shit. Even with "classic" sprites on. Cant turn filtering off, and they look terrible against the retarded HD backgrounds.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
I couldn't see any difference. I tried the 'classic' mode and it looked the same. maybe it's just me. weird.

As for lag, I saw very little of it, and it was usually right BEFORE the announcer yells 'fight!' Rarely in an actual match.

One thing though... did Chun Li have her vertical kick in SSF2T? I thought she just had the Kikokken from hyper in it. Also, i did a spinning bird kick and she seemed to go about halfway up the screen, almost as if it were a dragon punch (but not her vertical kick).

So far it's pretty fun. Just got off a few good sparring matches with a couple of people. Lots of fun.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I know somebody that I hooked up back in the T5 DR days wants to help a bro out with a share.

O.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
totally fine on mine, no lag at all really either. no crashes.

i've heard its crashing other peoples though

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
the game doesnt look that bad imo. using the old sprites against the new bgs looks fucking atrocious though.

i wasnt going to go online with the ps3 pad since the dpad is terrible for fighting games, but my ps2 saturn pad worked with a converter. i need to get a ps3 stick.

ill check it out online on 360 tomorrow probably since i have a 360 stick.

yea im getting it on both. :emb:

me and kerndizzle just had a fun set. a little lag here and there, but thats to be expected across the pond.

ggs dude

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
great games man, defo the best I've played. You won out in the end though I was making some dumb ass mistakes.

lag isn't too bad, your guile = gahhh

on a pad too? haha I was on a ps1 namco stick with usb converter

this game is not too bad at all, I quite like the look of it.

sure its not perfect but ehh

yea i dont even have a ps1 or 2 stick to use with the converter. at least i had a saturn pad sitting around or else i woulda got slaughtered.

i wish i could find a namco cheap, always wanted one of those.

were we playing on remixed or classic?

i noticed majority of the lag would be in the beginning of the round.

pretty much everyone else i played got destroyed. :emb: someone dropped on me then i couldnt connect to anyone until i restarted the game.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I had a lot of people get destroyed earlier then drop, haha, quitters. I had them on the headset too and they were bitching about it, oh well. :angry:

Yeah you should try getting a vshg or namco stick , a namco stick shouldn't be too hard to find, under $50 I'd imagine.

We were playing on classic as I thought I'd keep it vanilla to make it a good fight.

and it certainly was haha

haha, yea i figured it was classic since it was giving me a ssf2/ssf2t option. im assuming that was for gamespeed? or can you pick the ssf2 version of characters?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Downloaded and played a few matches. I haven't been reading or keeping up with it so I didn't know beforehand, but apparently Honda's headbutt eats fireballs. I can see it as being a viable upgrade and not making him broken, but it's hard to break old habits when you've been fighting him a certain way for 14 years. Hope to play you guys soon

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Playing with it a bit more. I really don't like Guile's new look. His eyes are black and that sort of turns me off. Also at the highest point of his crouching fierce his pants do these weird color changes. Although I don't like his hd makeover, I fucking love his gameplay tweaks. His RH flashkick actually serves a purpose, and he finally has an overhead with sick range. Definitely going to be having fun with him.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
haha, yea i figured it was classic since it was giving me a ssf2/ssf2t option. im assuming that was for gamespeed? or can you pick the ssf2 version of characters?

you can pick the ssf2 characters.

the game is really buggy so far, but its still fun. I need to get used to doing the new motions for some moves. And then I need to get me a damn stick.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'm downloading it right now. When the hell was this released!? I checked last night and it wasn't there. Must have been late last night/early this morning.

My PSN ID is vegetagallitgun if anyone wants to play me. Go easy on me, it's been awhile.

Jon

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Hey hey let's go kinkasu...

Early impressions:

Yes, it's ST...and it's damn fun. The music is probably the best thing about the entire remix. Some of the HD re-imagined sprites work (mostly M. Bison, Blanka and Vega), some of them are REALLY awful (Cammy is the most atrocious). Seems to me like the artists just sort of pumped everyone full of steroids, resulting in a look that seems right at home with the "Let's fighting loooooove!" episode of South Park. Also, what the FUCK is up with the intake on the F-16 in Guile's stage? Have they ever seen one? Oh man, that's embarrassing.

Fanboy chump art issues aside, I am looking forward to playing this with all of you. I didn't have any of my friends on this morning, so I didn't get to test the net code myself. If that's good, this WILL be played...a lot.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I just played SP and I enjoyed it. Much better than I thought it was gonna be.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
It seems pretty solid from what I played. I like the tweaks they have made to the characters. Zangief is no longer the inconsistent monster that he was in ST.

I am not a fan of the art direction for it though. I think some of the backgrounds are really crummy. And some sprites are kinda jacked. Dhalsim seems the worst offender in this case.

Last edited:

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
I really need to pick up an arcade stick. The PS3 controller just doesnt cut it at all, my days of D-pad moves are apparently long gone.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Shmenge, why did you buy this game after you complained about it like you did? :confused:

Anyway, my GT is Pure Gamerbilly. I haven't played this game seriously since it was first released in arcades. If we play, free wins for you I guess. Hahaha.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Shmenge, why did you buy this game after you complained about it like you did? :confused:

To give him more reason to complain. "I can't believe I spent $15 on this garbage" and that sort of thing.

Granted, I would only get the game if it were like $5, but then, I hate Street Fighter... and even I'm willing to give the game a fair shake.

Hell, any change is an improvement. ;P

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm 400 MS points shy of being able to buy this today. Will be getting it though in the next few days. My GT is: Kaioh Hokuto

I played the Beta and didn't notice any lag during the few times I played online. Hearing there's some lag in the final build makes me sad, but doesn't sound too bad.