YouTube Videos of Beast Busters, Xtreme Rally and Roads Edge

Thank you soooooooooo much! I have wanted to see vids of these 3 rare hyper 64 titles for a long time. Keep up the good work!

Wow, BB2 is better than I remembered! My shooter mobo and BB2 have been sitting in my room untouched :( ... I've got the cash to do it now, so I need to see about getting an adapter built. If only I could find that topic I posted here forever ago...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I was really surprised at how the driving games looked. They both look pretty fun (except, for... maybe that on-coming crash in Xtreme Rally... You seem to fly like a rag doll when hit). Regardless, good looking games. Beast Busters really didn't appeal to me at all. Come on... Zombies on motorcycles? Heh... It really looks like a bad House of the Dead clone... Regardless, it was still very cool to see it in action. Thanks NTM. I can't wait to see more of Xtreme Rally and Roads Edge!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's been a few years since I've played Beast Busters, nice to see it again.
Just an overall terrible game, though, and this is coming from a guy who typically loves any light gun schlock.
The two big problems with BB are:
-the game is ugly as sin, even compared to something like Carnevil, in a time when House of the Dead looked so much cleaner.
-it's like SNK stopped paying attention to light gun game design post-Operation Wolf. For a game with machine guns and zombies, the perspective is way too normal -- the first level where you're basically just sidescrolling is horrid, and by the time there is some excitement to it, the game's over. There's no real feeling of dread or haste like there is in HOTD or Time Crisis.

If the thing didn't cost three or four quarters to play I might've spent more time with it.

Oh and thanks NTM, cool stuff. BB was my only experience with the Hyper.

Hypnos

War Room Troll
Thanks so much fot the complete game vids of Beast Busters 2. I always want to play this game but, after that I saw all the game I lose the interest. Thanks! A problem minus!...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
kinda blurry videos.
i suggest purchasing a camera that can capture video in 1080p.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's a Beast Buster cab for sale near me, actually very near me, but man this thing is gigantic! I just can't do it, I wish I could, but even though I have the space to store it I can see already that I won't get to use it for a long as time.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Haven't seen Roads Edge in years. A mall arcade in Temecula, CA had one and it was actually pretty fun to play. I'd love to get some hands-on time with BB2. Great uploads!