Have not been receiving (snail) mail since I moved...

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Anyone ever have this problem? I moved into an apartment a little over a month ago, and since then I've received a SINGLE piece of personalized mail. Everything else has been mass junk mailings.

I'm going to go to the post office tomorrow and see whats up, I just hope its not some asshole delivery person or worse yet a thief. Haven't gotten any bills (which thankfully I paid attention to and have paid since), no correspondence, no magazines I get (except one issue) and not the first game I've requested from GameFly.

SSS

neo retired
apartments are the worst for junk mail. every previous tennant who lived there and might have had their information distributed to companies will have shit sent to you.

In my case however mail wasn't the annoying part, apparently the previous tennant ran an unlisenced hair salon for the local mexican population. I'd get random knocks on my door from her previous customers, the last was up to a YEAR after I had moved in.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Sounds like there may be a chance that the regular mail carrier for your old route didnt receive/acknowledge your change of address info. We used to actually get the COAs but now they are sent to a centralized location and all we receive is a small yellow sticker letting us know that a change has been submitted. the chances are:

1) Your regular mail carrier for your old address is on vacation and the substitute is holding all returned/vacant mail for the regular carrier to come back.

2) Carrier never received your COA and is still delivering mail to your old address which means the mail box may be full.

3) Carrier never received your COA and after 10 days started returning all mail to sender.

4) There is no regular mail carrier for your route and with different people doing it everyday no one is taking care of forwards and vacation holds (happens more than people think).

5) Your mail carrier did receive your COA but is too disorganized and never made a Special Notice card for your address. (Special Notice cards are bright yellow and are made out by the mail carier after we receive your COAs). Therefore see #s 2 & 3.

6) New resident is still receiving your mail and either holding it at their house/apt or throwing it in the trash. ( I once had a lady come out and hand me a small grocery bag of mail she had been receiving for about 6 months. A renter of hers moved out and didnt submit a COA. She just kep holding the mail until one day she got tired of holding it and decided to FINALLY give it back to the Post Office.) This also happens alot

I would suggest going by your old address and seeing if the manager can check your old box and see if it is stufffed full of mail.

If you need any other postal help, let me know.

Phillip

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
apartments are the worst for junk mail. every previous tennant who lived there and might have had their information distributed to companies will have shit sent to you.

In my case however mail wasn't the annoying part, apparently the previous tennant ran an unlisenced hair salon for the local mexican population. I'd get random knocks on my door from her previous customers, the last was up to a YEAR after I had moved in.

Just pull out your clippers and make a few bucks.

Si!

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
When I moved 5 years ago I ended up filling out 3 of those forms they have at the post office to forward mail.. I never had a single piece of mail forwarded to me.
Luckily however my last address was my mothers house so all my stuff was just ending up with her.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Took me two weeks when I bought my house, and I moved less than a mile from where I was. Same post office and everything. I went and complained multiple times, and every time someone new told me a horror story about this branch office, and how they've complained, and the post master is a bitch, and nothing ever gets done about it.

Gotta love government employed fuckwads :rolleyes:

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
My roommate now complained of receiving no mail in the house we live in, just after the old roommates moved out. He phoned Canada Post and they said the mail carrier didn't know anyone lived here anymore so he neglected to deliver anything to my roommate! :spock:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Thanks for the replies guys.

@bullet:

I guess I should've added some additional info. I moved from my Dad's house, and all mail that was previously addressed to there has still been arriving there (as of Wednesday at least). I filled out a COA on Thursday once it dawned on me I hadn't been getting any personalized mail. I haven't even been receiving mail that has ONLY been addressed to this apartment (i.e.- My utility bill, my cable/internet bill, my Gamefly subscription). I'm really hoping my mail is just sitting in a basket somewhere undelivered, and hasn't been forwarded to whoever used to live here. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Thanks for the replies guys.

@bullet:

I guess I should've added some additional info. I moved from my Dad's house, and all mail that was previously addressed to there has still been arriving there (as of Wednesday at least). I filled out a COA on Thursday once it dawned on me I hadn't been getting any personalized mail. I haven't even been receiving mail that has ONLY been addressed to this apartment (i.e.- My utility bill, my cable/internet bill, my Gamefly subscription). I'm really hoping my mail is just sitting in a basket somewhere undelivered, and hasn't been forwarded to whoever used to live here. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Oh ok. Once you fill out a COA it takes roughly 7-10 business days for mail to start showing up at your new residence. This is because none of the forwarding is handled "in house". All mail received to your old route get ssent from that offfice to a central forwarding office. There is scanned and re-bar coded. Then there is a yellow sticker (containing your new mailing address) that is applied to your mail. Finally, the relabeled mail gets sent to your new address. This can take some time depending on how thorough your Dads mail carrier is.

As far as your new address ... well ... the only thing I can think of is that the mail carrier for your current residence still has your apt/house listed as being "VACANT" at the Post Office. You may want to call your local P.O. and let them know that you are a new resident and that you havent been receiving mail. This way, a supervisor will inform that letter carrier to start delivering mail to your box. Unfortunately, there are about as many bad carriers as there are good ones. I'm amazed at some of the service some of my co-workers give their customers. You would think for what we get paid (especially in todays times) people would come to work and give the best service they possibly could. I don't think anyone gets paid the amount that we do for what we do.

Anyway ... if there is anything else I can help with, just let me know.

Phillip