Maradona the new Argentinian Manager!

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Think he'll succeed? Fail? Most importantly, what does NEO-GEO MVS THINK? hahahaha

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Successful or not, it's going to be interesting.

Now Diego can show his players the holy secrets of the Hand of God...

%$@#§!!!

;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
whether or not Diego will be a good manager, he definitely knows how to work hard and get himself back in shape. Back in 94 his transformation was incredible. The hgh issue was BS.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
whether or not Diego will be a good manager, he definitely knows how to work hard and get himself back in shape. Back in 94 his transformation was incredible. The hgh issue was BS.

Great post. Maradona looked amazing playing in world cup 94. I really think they could have gone far if he hadnt been banned.
They had a stronger squad than 86 and 90.
Its odd but that 1994 world cup had some very strong teams full of stars arguably with 1998 the strongest talent display of any world cup in my living memory and thats without France and England taking part!

Germany were defending champs and much stronger than they are now, Holland, Nigeria, Brazil and Italy were bristling with young talented teams. Argentina , Romania , Croatia and Bulgaria were strong .But it always goes down in europe as the naffest world cup cos it was held in america all the way from diana ross's penalty kick to the penalties shoot out to decide matters and the souless american stadiums.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FIFA and the US didn't plan it out right. The final should not have been in Pasadena. Plain and simple. Should have been in NY, even though it would mean Italy would have a home game.

Great post. Maradona looked amazing playing in world cup 94. I really think they could have gone far if he hadnt been banned.
They had a stronger squad than 86 and 90.
Its odd but that 1994 world cup had some very strong teams full of stars arguably with 1998 the strongest talent display of any world cup in my living memory and thats without France and England taking part!

Germany were defending champs and much stronger than they are now, Holland, Nigeria, Brazil and Italy were bristling with young talented teams. Argentina , Romania , Croatia and Bulgaria were strong .But it always goes down in europe as the naffest world cup cos it was held in america all the way from diana ross's penalty kick to the penalties shoot out to decide matters and the souless american stadiums.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
:lol:

Looks like you guys remember me huh, Well I think it wasn't the greatest idea because he brought back Bilardo who was the coach for the National team in 86' and 90' as his manager and I think Maradona by name is the coach but who gives ultimate say is Bilardo since Maradona has no experience what so ever and everything he wants to do will go through Bilardo.

We will see what they do today I have my Maradona national team jersey on at work so hopefully we can get out of the slump we currently are in.

I will add this though, Maradona has a passion that is lacking in our current squad, these punk kids have no respect for our National team jersey, their heads get blown up by being paid large sums of money and being pumped up by the media like they are the next big thing. Maradona knows how to bring out the best in those players and force them to leave everything they have on the field because that's what we demand as Argentinians from all our players. We have alot of pride in our soccer because that's all we have as a national sport.

On a side note : Maradona's daughter is in the hospital having a baby in Madrid its Sergio Aguero's wife.

Last edited:

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
FIFA and the US didn't plan it out right. The final should not have been in Pasadena. Plain and simple. Should have been in NY, even though it would mean Italy would have a home game.

I admit being in Pasadena only favored Brazil since Mexicans love Brazil as if they were their own national team, lol. I always get a kick when I see a Mexican have a green shirt that says "Brazil" in big letters infront of it. :lolz:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Whether or not Maradona is the head coach still, a South American team is in line to win the next WC 2010 in ZAF. I don't see it going to Brazil, as much as I like some of their players. The discipline has dropped like a ton of bricks, seeing fat Adriano, fat Ronaldinho, mopey Robinho, and overrated goaltenders. Argentina on the other hand has a ton of talent and a lot of hunger. Been a long time.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Whether or not Maradona is the head coach still, a South American team is in line to win the next WC 2010 in ZAF. I don't see it going to Brazil, as much as I like some of their players. The discipline has dropped like a ton of bricks, seeing fat Adriano, fat Ronaldinho, mopey Robinho, and overrated goaltenders. Argentina on the other hand has a ton of talent and a lot of hunger. Been a long time.

Yea, well we'll see because Argentina played Scotland today and we know how shitty Scotland is they haven't had a good team since '78 in Argentina :lolz: and we won 1-0 when in the first 20 mins of the first half it looked like we were going to kick their ass but like usual we were conformed with the 1 goal. Maradona will need to do alot to make sure we play better because we might have alot of good players but that hunger seems to be lacking in some of them. I feel winning the Olympics made some players not as hungry as they should be and thats a cheap tourney. Although I will admit some players are hungry and it's been over 20 years since we won a WC so maybe its our time. I can only hope and wait until 2010 but first things is first we need to qualify which we haven't yet.

On a side note, anyone hear that bullshit Cristiano Ronaldo was saying about he deserves to become the best player in the World and that he has done everything to deserve it, BULLSHIT this kid thinks he is the best and he simply ain't the best.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ronaldo is currently the best. Some may want to say Messi, but Messi hasn't proven himself. In fact, he's likely to see Eto'o prove himself first.

On the other hand, Maradona had some great words for the scottish manager. The scot manager said he refused to shake maradona's hand, because of the hand of god. Maradona said he didn't want to shake the scot's hand anyways, and that England didn't really win the '66 WC, because the ball didn't cross the line. Great retort. He's going to earn some respect from the upper management for that one.

Yea, well we'll see because Argentina played Scotland today and we know how shitty Scotland is they haven't had a good team since '78 in Argentina :lolz: and we won 1-0 when in the first 20 mins of the first half it looked like we were going to kick their ass but like usual we were conformed with the 1 goal. Maradona will need to do alot to make sure we play better because we might have alot of good players but that hunger seems to be lacking in some of them. I feel winning the Olympics made some players not as hungry as they should be and thats a cheap tourney. Although I will admit some players are hungry and it's been over 20 years since we won a WC so maybe its our time. I can only hope and wait until 2010 but first things is first we need to qualify which we haven't yet.

On a side note, anyone hear that bullshit Cristiano Ronaldo was saying about he deserves to become the best player in the World and that he has done everything to deserve it, BULLSHIT this kid thinks he is the best and he simply ain't the best.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Ronaldo is currently the best. Some may want to say Messi, but Messi hasn't proven himself. In fact, he's likely to see Eto'o prove himself first.

On the other hand, Maradona had some great words for the scottish manager. The scot manager said he refused to shake maradona's hand, because of the hand of god. Maradona said he didn't want to shake the scot's hand anyways, and that England didn't really win the '66 WC, because the ball didn't cross the line. Great retort. He's going to earn some respect from the upper management for that one.

Yea I heard what he said and it made me smile and laugh :lolz: I also :lolz: when you say Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Wasabi I know your not in High school so you should know better than some kiddies who love Ronaldo and think he is the shit :lolz:

The ball has to completely cross the line to be a official goal but keep in mind the Queen was in the stadium that day and if the Brits lost it would have been humiliating.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yea I heard what he said and it made me smile and laugh :lolz: I also :lolz: when you say Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Wasabi I know your not in High school so you should know better than some kiddies who love Ronaldo and think he is the shit :lolz:

Ronaldo was the best player as far as FIFA was concerned. He proved it by his goal scoring ability. If Messi wants to, I'm sure he can prove it the same way. Both players are on team with other accomplished goal scorers. Both play the same areas of the field. Both have been in the champions league. Both are homos. But Messi always comes up a bit short. Whether to Kaka' or Ronaldo.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Ronaldo was the best player as far as FIFA was concerned. He proved it by his goal scoring ability. If Messi wants to, I'm sure he can prove it the same way. Both players are on team with other accomplished goal scorers. Both play the same areas of the field. Both have been in the champions league. Both are homos. But Messi always comes up a bit short. Whether to Kaka' or Ronaldo.

Ronaldo may be a homo but Messi, what makes you think he is ghey Wasabi? Ronaldo on the other hand has proven he is gay.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ronaldo may be a homo but Messi, what makes you think he is ghey Wasabi? Ronaldo on the other hand has proven he is gay.

Take off the baby blue tinted glasses. Messi looks like an ugly transvestite.

Anyhow, the whole spitting ordeal with Duda has sealed Messi's fate for this season as well, which is sad, because the kid is definitely talented, and he's been stuck in 2nd place each season. Between spitting on Duda and the scoring prowess of his own teammate Eto'o, Messi simply isn't getting the FIFA player of the year award.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Posted by wasabi "On the other hand, Maradona had some great words for the scottish manager. The scot manager said he refused to shake maradona's hand, because of the hand of god. Maradona said he didn't want to shake the scot's hand anyways, and that England didn't really win the '66 WC, because the ball didn't cross the line. Great retort. He's going to earn some respect from the upper management for that one."

It wasnt the scots manager. it was a second string assistant coach who had the problems with shaking maradonna's hand since he's english and was one of the defenders beaten by maradonna during those 1986 goals v england, so u can understand his bitterness. great retort by maradonna tho.
he is absolutely loved in scotland. mobs met him like he was a pop star and they presented a award to him on the trip "scotlands player of the year 1986!