BECKHAM TO GO ON LOAN TO AC MILAN.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Beckham was the shining light on the national team before they got eliminated from the euro cup. His pass to Crouch against Croatia was a thing of beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJjqhh2CfCI

4:30 in.

Fucking Scott Carson...

And Milito's goal to equalize in the Milan vs Genoa match was really nicely set up.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
We need a player like Beckham over here to help bring soccer to the masses in the U.S.

Hopefully Beckham's effect will be similar to if not greater than Gretzky's impact when he played for the Los Angeles Kings.

Beckham isnt that type of player that on the field will get hearts racing the way a george best, pele,beckenbaur did when they went to the US.

Im guessing that some of beckhams intricate long passing and crosses, or "assists" as u guys call them will be lost with the more unsophisticated american "soccer" fans.
Granted beckham can score free kicks, but he isnt a flashy dribbler, and doesnt score enough goals or to have the kind of impact a gretsky had.
Ife he rededicates himself and focuses on the field he could be great at milan for the next 2-4 years as the pace in serie a is much slower and technical and it suits beckham.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Beckham isnt that type of player that on the field will get hearts racing the way a george best, pele,beckenbaur did when they went to the US.

Im guessing that some of beckhams intricate long passing and crosses, or "assists" as u guys call them will be lost with the more unsophisticated american "soccer" fans.
Granted beckham can score free kicks, but he isnt a flashy dribbler, and doesnt score enough goals or to have the kind of impact a gretsky had.
Ife he rededicates himself and focuses on the field he could be great at milan for the next 2-4 years as the pace in serie a is much slower and technical and it suits beckham.
Gretzky was known more for his passes and puck awareness.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I thought Gretzky was the scoring leader in the NHL for a while. Anyhow, Gretzky came in with a lot of talent like Mario Lemieux, Ray Bourke, Mark Messier, Brett Hull - and these guys all played stateside. Thing about the MLS is that talent doesn't stay in the US - like Altidore left the NYRB for Villareal in Spain. Even Freddy Adu went to Benfica, then Monaco. And most of the time, talent only comes to the US from south of the border - which is great for the hispanic communities, but not so great for marketing into the mainstream American population.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Id say Beckham has more in common with a quarterback these days providing assists/crosses from deep. Showed good talent and actually ran a bit for the goal against Genoa tho, ace finish.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
you got him back until the end of 2009, then he walks, as is his right under the contract he signed.
Honestly if he's tired of playing MLS then he shouldn't have signed a contract or let Posh Spice push him around.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think if he hates being here so much that he should go to AC Milan.

It's a lot deeper than that. Beckham knows that he won't get a spot on the national team from LA Galaxy. He's not doing this because he loves Milan, he's doing this because he wants the glory of being the most capped English player.

Milan has some nice architecture, but it's one of the most boring places in Italy.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Doesn't AC Milan just want a marketing tool though?

Not saying Galaxy is any different, it's just that I think MLS needs an overseas superstar to help promote the sport.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Doesn't AC Milan just want a marketing tool though?

Not saying Galaxy is any different, it's just that I think MLS needs an overseas superstar to help promote the sport.

AC Milan doesn't need Beckham for marketing. The team is stacked with international heroes, and selling more shirts is the last worry on their minds.

But Beckham has taken over Gennaro Gattuso's position on the right midfield, next to Andrea Pirlo. The combination of Beckham and Pirlo gives Milan the 2nd and 3rd best free kick takers in the world, on the same side of the pitch. Milan wants Beckham because he's scoring goal for them. This is something he wasn't really doing with Galaxy.

LuckyDay

Tarma's Gun Polisher

Gretzky is only known for those things by hockey fans.

Gretzky is known for goal scoring by everyone else. I mean he always had more assists and was his skill was definitely in his awareness, but you ask anyone and they'll know he's the leading all-time goals leader. To the average non-hockey sports fan 'points leader' just means goal scorer.

They remember him breaking Howe's record, scoring the 92 in a season, etc. They don't remember things like the 160 assist season.

So while he was more of a playmaker, he was flashy also (scoring tons of goals). Beckham isn't like that. He'll never catch on as a superstar in the U.S. He'll always be an attraction because the average sports fan will never appreciate anything he does that's not a goal.

Beckham in the U.S. is a failed experiment. There's no reason for him to stay. What the MLS should do is use some of that money to lure a guy like Altidore back and start to market him as the face of U.S. football.

LuckyDay

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Who are you rating as the no.1 free kick taker at the minute?

I'm going to be completely biased and say Nakamura (at least as my favorite) because I'm a Celtic fan. But obviously most people would put guys like Juninho, Gerrard, and Ronaldo up there ahead of him (if not even for the simple fact that they see them play more).

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I'm going to be completely biased and say Nakamura (at least as my favorite) because I'm a Celtic fan. But obviously most people would put guys like Juninho, Gerrard, and Ronaldo up there ahead of him (if not even for the simple fact that they see them play more).

Yeah Nakamura is great i follow Celtic regularly too we have the SPL shown here, but I probably wouldve pimped for Lyon's Juninho.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Who are you rating as the no.1 free kick taker at the minute?

Juninho is the best free kick taker in the world. His technique is the hardest to stop.

I would place Nakamura 4th.

Ronaldo doesn't even register, because I do see him play. He's the shittiest free kick taker. Did he actually dub his own show "the Ronaldo Rocket"?!

And Gerrard is more impressive kicking when he gets drunk and pissed off at the DJ.

nipAcesee

n00b
BECKHAM TO GO ON LOAN TO AC MILAN

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani gave an interview to italian Corriere dello Sport where he claims Backham will join AC Milan in winter transfer window. Milan has agreed to let Beckham train with them during off season in MLS but Galliani now claims his move to Milan will be a permanent one.

Havent they learn anything from Real "Galacticos"? Too many superstars in one team will get you nowhere.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani gave an interview to italian Corriere dello Sport where he claims Backham will join AC Milan in winter transfer window. Milan has agreed to let Beckham train with them during off season in MLS but Galliani now claims his move to Milan will be a permanent one.

Havent they learn anything from Real "Galacticos"? Too many superstars in one team will get you nowhere.

Beckham actually did well with Milan last winter. The real lesson is that no one can just make football happen in the US. Beckham is miserable here, he plays with a shitty team, in a shitty part of the US (LA) filledd with shitty people. Milan is doing him a great favor.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Beckham actually did well with Milan last winter. The real lesson is that no one can just make football happen in the US. Beckham is miserable here, he plays with a shitty team, in a shitty part of the US (LA) filledd with shitty people. Milan is doing him a great favor.

The Galaxy are actually doing pretty well right now, they're second in the Western Conference.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,

I think your analysis is way off.
It boils down to Beckham is a cunt who wants it all.
He wants the glamourous celebrity lifestyle of LA, the money and movie star fame and ridiculous salary. He enjoys being a big fish in a small pond.

But Beckham the footballer resents that his wife made him go to LA, and that the European football world sees him as a joke and faded force. Thats why he went to Milan and why he will return. That and the fact he knows brand beckham is a faded force which he cant sustain if he isnt in the england national team.

Milan was no coincidence. Its the one european city where anyone will take notice of Victoria beckham, due to her stalking and endless groupying of Georgio Armani. In Milan the beckhams have a contract with Armani and are still current. In the rest of Europe younger stars like ronaldo have replaced him a long time ago