Cleaning snk smoked glass, what is safe?

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Is it safe to clean the SNK smoked monitor glass with a ammonia based windex and a razor blade.

Do you guys have a preferred method of cleaning the glass that is SNK smoked original ?

Thank you,

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
If there's gunk on it I use citrus based cleaner and to polish I use those chamois wipes in a bag - I forget the brand offhand but the package is blue. Those are a great.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Why would you be using a razor blade..Does the glass have some stuff on it(sticker) that needs to be removed,,?

to clean arcade machine glass...

I use a Spray on Foaming Glass Cleaner & news paper...I don't want a liquid to run down the glass and go into the machine.

When I read the thread I went and cleaned all the glass on my machines:)

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Why would you be using a razor blade..Does the glass have some stuff on it(sticker) that needs to be removed,,?

to clean arcade machine glass...

I use a Spray on Foaming Glass Cleaner & news paper...I don't want a liquid to run down the glass and go into the machine.

When I read the thread I went and cleaned all the glass on my machines:)

Yes there was some packing tape on the glass for a long time.

I'll post pics tonight. When cleaning glass for making frames, or applying tint I scrap the glass (without harming it) with a razor and tons of windex.

It makes it the cleanest surface ever imaginable. But I have never worked with smoked glass.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes there was some packing tape on the glass for a long time.

I'll post pics tonight. When cleaning glass for making frames, or applying tint I scrap the glass (without harming it) with a razor and tons of windex.

It makes it the cleanest surface ever imaginable. But I have never worked with smoked glass.

try some goo gone for the sticker....

Or use Noxema Facial cleanser.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I've also had good luck with Pledge Orange Oil(the real thick stuff) to get sticky residue off things..it sort of eats it,then you rub it off..

Just gotta get it off the glass once on..

I've used that to get stickers off of games..believe it ot not even the lebels if you dab it lightly and take it off fast..

When I got my Ms Pac the old top glass has tape residue on it...Using the Orange Oil with a tooth brsh took it off..I was trying not to scratch the already scratch glass:loco:...then I replaced the glass..:tickled: