Emile Heskey

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Emile Heskey is really hot in england right now.
He has scored only 5 goals in 50 internationals but he is hailed as the best no 9 right now, for his skillfull touches, ability to intimdate defences, his speed and ability to open up space for the rest of the team.

Heskey blames his poor goal record at club and national level on being played out of position and sacrificing for others.

Now its rumoured Liverpool want him back in January.
I think its a good idea. emile wont mind being a squad player, and he could compliment Torres , Keane and Kuyt.

I dont know if it will be good for his england career tho not playing automatic first team football all the time.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
... he's big...black... and hung like a fuckin donkey....

...personally... i'd just sign him for Liverpool on the oftchance we can make a Liverpool pron movie...

I vote to be the cameraman....

/me orders tissues....

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
... he's big...black... and hung like a fuckin donkey....

...personally... i'd just sign him for Liverpool on the oftchance we can make a Liverpool pron movie...

I vote to be the cameraman....

/me orders tissues....

xROTx

oh come on. Like Liverpool needs another forward. That waste of talent team needs a better midfield.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Emile Heskey is really hot in england right now.
He has scored only 5 goals in 50 internationals but he is hailed as the best no 9 right now, for his skillfull touches, ability to intimdate defences, his speed and ability to open up space for the rest of the team.

Heskey blames his poor goal record at club and national level on being played out of position and sacrificing for others.

Now its rumoured Liverpool want him back in January.
I think its a good idea. emile wont mind being a squad player, and he could compliment Torres , Keane and Kuyt.

I dont know if it will be good for his england career tho not playing automatic first team football all the time.

pool are all about plauing their men out of position. Only Torres is played where he should be. Heskey's talent will be wasted, no doubt. Want to send him to a team that will use him right? Send him to Everton. A real man's team.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
oh come on. Like Liverpool needs another forward. That waste of talent team needs a better midfield.

...so so true....

loller... we've spent so much money on forwards... but who's going to replace carragher when he retires...

...We need men of Steel in defence and a Midfield that should be feared... but sadly... we keep depending on Gerard and Torres to get us out of sticky situations...

I say.... we hire Palin as out next feisty Defender.... lets be honest... if those pesky Russians show up... she'll be biting their ankles to death...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
...so so true....

loller... we've spent so much money on forwards... but who's going to replace carragher when he retires...

...We need men of Steel in defence and a Midfield that should be feared... but sadly... we keep depending on Gerard and Torres to get us out of sticky situations...

I say.... we hire Palin as out next feisty Defender.... lets be honest... if those pesky Russians show up... she'll be biting their ankles to death...

xROTx

A major problem for Liverpool is that they can't sign just anyone like Chelsea can. Unless they get some silverware, things will only get worse for them.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Emile did play well, but there is no reason why he should move club, sometimes a change of club, if seemingly regarded as the best move for everyone can put a hex on a rich vein of form.

Speaking of mid-field, I still think England should alternate or ditch Lampard / Gerrard.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Speaking of mid-field, I still think England should alternate or ditch Lampard / Gerrard.

Why? Both players are excellent. Under McClaren, all the noise was about dropping Super Frank because of the chemistry between Gerrard and Barry. If England just wants the most talent on a squad and no chemistry, fine, they can call themselves Romania.

Drop Frank. He's out of shape. Plays great for club, but what's best for country may not be Super Frank and his trademark beer gut.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Well I think that they are both great players, but they under perform when they play together. I mean, it just seems that the midfield should be immense when they are together but they just don't synch.

Lampard I think is another one of those players that can't seem to do it for England and yet are great for their club - like Ian Wright etc.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well I think that they are both great players, but they under perform when they play together. I mean, it just seems that the midfield should be immense when they are together but they just don't synch.

Lampard I think is another one of those players that can't seem to do it for England and yet are great for their club - like Ian Wright etc.

Stevie G and Super Frank play the same role on the field. But let's be honest, Stevie G does it better for crown and country. England has a lot of weapons. Interestingly enough, they don't want to explore those weapons much at all. The 4-4-2 overlooks the possibilities. I see opportunities with a 4-3-3, if the right has both Beckham and Walcott. I don't want to see Beckham on the bench because the last brilliant moment of English football was Beckham's deep cross right onto Crouch's chest for the one touch goal. Beckham may be old, but he plays like a god for his country, which is more than any other player on the squad can say.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Stevie G and Super Frank play the same role on the field. But let's be honest, Stevie G does it better for crown and country. England has a lot of weapons. Interestingly enough, they don't want to explore those weapons much at all. The 4-4-2 overlooks the possibilities. I see opportunities with a 4-3-3, if the right has both Beckham and Walcott. I don't want to see Beckham on the bench because the last brilliant moment of English football was Beckham's deep cross right onto Crouch's chest for the one touch goal. Beckham may be old, but he plays like a god for his country, which is more than any other player on the squad can say.

Yeh I was annoyed that they waited till the last 5 mins to roll out Beckham - either give him at least half an hour of the second half.

Like you say, he is old now, but his pace was never part of his game per se and when he came on the game before last I think he really lifted things.

It was pretty crazy though in the last game when he came on for 5 mins that he got an ovation from the opponents supporters when he came on and everytime he touched the ball! He is Football Royalty I suppose though whether people like him or not.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,

your right about forwards since they have kuyt, torres and the 20 million man keane all of whom score goals unlike emile. But emile wouldnt mind being no 4 that said i think your right and the suggestion of Everton is brilliant. he would compliment Yakubu and bring cahill and osman in. I really think everton are the kind of team to bring out the best in him.

But re: That waste of talent team needs a better midfield.....tough call, they do have gerrard, mascherano,alonso,and benhayoun and babbel along with the obligatory "might be really good/or might turn out to be totaly crap" youngsters in Lucas, zahr, and plessis.Thats quite a variety there. i wont mention jermaine pennant.
Thats a good strong midfield, not as good as man u or chelsea but beter than arsenal imo. They could do with back up in the middle which is why they wanted barry so much i guess but i dont rate barry, Id like to have seen them sign steven appiah who is much cheaper and more experienced as back up. That said they should have kept momo sissoko he was really good and just the kind of squad player they might be lacking. They do under utlise benhayoun though.