Neo Geo Development

Spirantho

n00b
Thought I'd just chip in and say Hi as I don't actually post here very much!

What Crim didn't say is he's actually done a very good job of getting Tetris up and working and actually looking quite nice.... but if we could get an artist on board that'd be even better.

Maybe once we've done Tetris we'll do Pacman! But in the meantime Tetris is a great product to learn NeoGeo coding from.

Maybe after a bit of tidying we'll be able to release a preview pre-1.0 Tetris so you all can see our progress.

michel

n00b
sounds great!

I wish I could help you with the graphics, but, as I told you before, I'm mostly a programmer

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
I'd love to see Space Invaders for the Neo, is that possible?

Spirantho

n00b
OK, so after we've done Tetris, you want Pac-Man and Space Invaders. :)

I was also thinking of the possibility of writing a version of Julian Gollop's Chaos (it's a Sinclair Spectrum game - the forerunner to Laser Squad/Lords of Chaos et al) as that'd rock on a Neo Geo IMHO. But that's a way off. Tetris first. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I still would love to see Ikari Warriors on MVS as well as Time Soldiers.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Contact adrian_j from these forums. He's a good artist and was going to help me on a project before I got to busy with real-life work and couldn't devote much free time to a project.

However, if you want to do a pac game, I already have a jump-start on it. I have some logic done and a little artwork that someone did for me a long time ago.

Jeff

Thought I'd just chip in and say Hi as I don't actually post here very much!

What Crim didn't say is he's actually done a very good job of getting Tetris up and working and actually looking quite nice.... but if we could get an artist on board that'd be even better.

Maybe once we've done Tetris we'll do Pacman! But in the meantime Tetris is a great product to learn NeoGeo coding from.

Maybe after a bit of tidying we'll be able to release a preview pre-1.0 Tetris so you all can see our progress.

michel

n00b
I was also thinking of the possibility of writing a version of Julian Gollop's Chaos (it's a Sinclair Spectrum game - the forerunner to Laser Squad/Lords of Chaos et al) as that'd rock on a Neo Geo IMHO. But that's a way off. Tetris first. :)

You can't go wrong with Spectrum games. I still count Psytron among my all time favourites. :)

My real dream would be seeing a follow up to Mark of the Wolves on the Neo... pretty impossible, because we would need the original source code and some killer graphic artitsts!

On a less dreamy side, I think that Defender could be done. A nice game with simple mechanics and very schematic graphics (and no backgrounds, as far as I recall).

Crim

n00b
Well I wrapped up the 2 player mode game play code today for the tetris/tetrinet clone. Not much left to do other then drop in some graphics, and figure out sound effects & music :D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hey Crim, if this is going to be tetris on the Neo, how about using some sound effects from Neo games like Metal Slug and Shock Troopers.

I was thinking that the sound for when the piece falls in to place should be the sound for when you pick up a weapon that sounds like a gun being cocked.