Universe Bios v3.0 Released.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
thanks razoola

Thank you Razoola! You rock but then you know that!

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
bought one for my 4 slot just now- had to do it.............whats this strange feeling....? excitement :scratch:...hmmm

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
FOMOCO&CO...
Just got my 3.0 and put in a 4 slot.... for me was just pop out the board from the cab, unscrew the two boards and open up, pry out old chip, put in new chip, and voila....works awesome!!! Took about 15min to get it all done if you subtract out any cleaning time you put in....I decided it was a good opportunity to clean up the cab and boards etc.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
i hear you I just did a bios swap from a soundless board with the board in one of my cabs that had a bios that only showed the credits on one side and have a few other small diffs..anyway, .since that was so easy I figured I'd finally bite it and get the 3.0...

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Even if you don't use the cheats, the soft reset ROCKS or the ability to pause, easy access to the dip settings. The unibios is AWESOME:buttrock:

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah agreed! Pause is great.... haven't gotten my to dim the screen though yet.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
got it,
omg ...how did I do without....
I'm getting a second soon

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
One day I hope these bios become aviable for a cd unit. Would love english with blood.

There are codes for some games to enable blood on a US Neo CD system. I know SSIV has one for sure. It's something like "hit ABCD at the same time with exit selected in the options menu". I'd hope that most every censored game would have a code to enable all the good stuff.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
On later fighting games like SSIV, the solution is to get a language switch, play in Japanese mode and change to English in the options menu.

fubarduck

n00b
Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered but I'm wondering if the Universal Bios will allow me to do a common (shared) coin slot in Arcade mode. I noticed I was able to do this in emulators but I never found a dipswitch that would allow this on my MVS.

I know about the "hold 2P start" while inserting a coin thing, but that won't do--I really need the common coin slot if possible.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
what do you mean by common? If the bios is set to Euro or Japan region then there is only one coin counter which acts for 1up and 2up if this is what you mean?

Raz

fubarduck

n00b
what do you mean by common? If the bios is set to Euro or Japan region then there is only one coin counter which acts for 1up and 2up if this is what you mean?

Raz

Ah-ha, that is what I mean! I had no idea that was tied to the region. Sounds like I can just change the region to Euro with the UNIBIOS and be set then.

Thanks, my order has already been placed.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
What does 'arcade protect' do?

I am still on unibios 1.3 as I don't need any of the new features, at least I don't think so, apart from bug fixes is there anything I'm missing that would benefit me?

Pas

Camel Slug
Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered but I'm wondering if the Universal Bios will allow me to do a common (shared) coin slot in Arcade mode. I noticed I was able to do this in emulators but I never found a dipswitch that would allow this on my MVS.

I know about the "hold 2P start" while inserting a coin thing, but that won't do--I really need the common coin slot if possible.

Have you tried flipping dip switch number 3 on the board? That should let you switch between number of coin slots.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Arcade protect stops one from entering the unibios menu (where you change region and such) unless the test mode button or hard dip 1 is also set. Basically it means you can lockout the unibios and ingame menu etc unless you have access inside the cab.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Yes it is an excellent feature.

My dumbass had to ask how to disable arcade protect once enabled. If I wouldn't of had access to the forum to ask (thanks again Razoola) I would have been stuck.

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
Yep, UniBios 3.0 is awesome. Just got it for my AES. Well worth it - and I agree the Jukebox function is ace.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
bump for feedback,

2nd chip received

the unibios is a must have

Han Solo

n00b
sorry dont mean to tread jack, im a new member and i cant post a new topic does anyone know who i can contact to make my account able to do so.
Thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's like that for n00bs so you search for your answer in case it's already been asked. Use the search function.