Death Smiles on 360, Now I have to get one

thamasha69

n00b
This is starting to stress me out. Assuming the games are not region free, then it would be easy to purchase another Xbox 360 (JP region). This would still be a good investment (as noted), opposed to spending the money on the pcb's. The only other option I see is getting an Infectus modchip, downgrading to a hypervisor exploitable kernal, and then changing the region of the unit itself. I have modded many systems, but this seems to be quite an undertaking. I'm unsure if its worth the risk trying to do this, as opposed to spending a little more for a JP unit....then again I love modding and a challenge. However, I'm pretty sure trying to play a newer game would require an update, thereby changing to a newer kernal - ugh I dunno - too drunk to think this through.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
How come nobody is willing to bring over those cool JPN xbox360 shooters to US?
Is shooter a dead genre?

hokutoshinken

Crossed Swords Squire
How come nobody is willing to bring over those cool JPN xbox360 shooters to US?
Is shooter a dead genre?

Most Americans don't even know what a shooter is. Say shooter at Gamestop and they will give you Gears of War or something. Too hard, too weird, too Japanese, too busy buying Madden to care. Hell, most of the time when people see my imports they call them "Chinese Games." God Bless America

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Most Americans don't even know what a shooter is. Say shooter at Gamestop and they will give you Gears of War or something. Too hard, too weird, too Japanese, too busy buying Madden to care. Hell, most of the time when people see my imports they call them "Chinese Games." God Bless America

I agree.
No wonder I went to gamestop and asked for PS2 Raiden III and people look at me like I'm from Mars.........
"Raiden what?" :spock:

I miss the time when we have lots shooter games (Genesis/SNES) :crying:

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
Hell, most of the time when people see my imports they call them "Chinese Games." God Bless America

Hmmm. I understand, I've been called 'Chinese' before :annoyed:
Funny how many American people assume that anything Asian is automatically 'Chinese'.

It is a challenge to explain to people these games… I have to say "like R-Type" or "1942" and then some people understand and then usually respond with something like "they still make those kind of games" or "too short - too easy" ie credit feeders.

I just got in argument with kid on my Xbox about how I play for high score rather than play for achievement score…

/rant

sorry for irrelevant reply i guess
I'm off on holiday and have enjoyed some Jägermeister and Red Bull :D

Last edited:

d3vak

n00b
I really need to get a Japanese 360.

Excuse my ignorance...but why an American Xbox 360 wouldnt read this game?

I mean...is it totally different with the Xbox? cause in my PS2 (NTSC-US) I can play japanese games....like Mushihimesama..Ibara..Espgaluda and that kind of shmups..

Thanks a lot 4 the future replies to my question

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
Excuse my ignorance...but why an American Xbox 360 wouldnt read this game?

I mean...is it totally different with the Xbox? cause in my PS2 (NTSC-US) I can play japanese games....like Mushihimesama..Ibara..Espgaluda and that kind of shmups..

Thanks a lot 4 the future replies to my question

The games are region protected. Your NTSC U PS2 cannot play NTSC J games unless its chipped or you are using Swap Magic. Were your copies of Mushi and Ibara downloaded and burned onto disc?

d3vak

n00b
The games are region protected. Your NTSC U PS2 cannot play NTSC J games unless its chipped or you are using Swap Magic. Were your copies of Mushi and Ibara downloaded and burned onto disc?

hmm..yeah, i had to. I was so exhausted trying to find the game....but i have to say that in this country is quite a hard job...

Anyway, thank you for the explanation.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This games will never be released on the PS3 'cause this fuckers don't want anyone else but japs playing the damn good games arrrggghh! I really hate this type of shit, yet it happens time and again.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I freakin hate how the US is so closed minded. First no RGB standard and now, again no more good games for this generation.

I should just give up and go full Japanese games collecting.

Anyone know the usual amount to order Japanese games and then to ship them to US? Is Play Asia reliable?

GAMEFAN

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I freakin hate how the US is so closed minded. First no RGB standard and now, again no more good games for this generation.

I should just give up and go full Japanese games collecting.

Anyone know the usual amount to order Japanese games and then to ship them to US? Is Play Asia reliable?

GAMEFAN

Play-Asia is wonderful. They offer cheap ass shipping as well.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member