Death Smiles on 360, Now I have to get one

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Wow. The 360 is shaping up to be the shooter console of this generation. I'm so surprised PS3 isn't getting all of these games.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
WOW! :eek:
The shooting game catalog continue to grow!

I am glad that now I chose to get a Japanese Xbox 360 this past spring.

I promptly add this to my desire list.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Raiden Fighters and now this? PS3 where you at? :annoyed:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Amazing, Cave has been on a roll lately. I hope they keep this up.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
Any conformation if this is will be an XBLA download or a physical release?

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
:buttrock: OH HELL YEAH!!!! :buttrock:

I'm really glad I didn't get that US 360 a few months ago when I felt like taking the dive. I thought something like this might happen, where we see more than just Ketsui. Now it makes it all the more worth owning a J360, rather than just owning the Ketsui board. I hope they don't forget Galuda 2, Futari, and Muchi. I want to see all of those too!

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
:buttrock: OH HELL YEAH!!!! :buttrock:

I'm really glad I didn't get that US 360 a few months ago when I felt like taking the dive. I thought something like this might happen, where we see more than just Ketsui. Now it makes it all the more worth owning a J360, rather than just owning the Ketsui board. I hope they don't forget Galuda 2, Futari, and Muchi. I want to see all of those too!

are Ketsui and DDP DOJ BL still in the works as well...i thought there was some uncertainty at some point if that was actually going to happen?

Kiken

Camel Slug
Any conformation if this is will be an XBLA download or a physical release?

Physical release. Remember, these sorts of games were shot down for distribution on XBLA.

Ketsui is supposed to be out before the end of the year. 5pb are placing priority on that port (so DOJ BL is getting pushed back some). It has been said though that a playable version of the port will be shown at the upcoming AOU.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I just shelled out nearly $200 for a jp PS2, aint gonna cough up another $400 for a jp 360 anytime soon. :annoyed:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Good to hear these games are seeing the light of day even though Xbox shot them down for Live distribution. All the better for us, and actual physical copy of the game. WOOT!

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
For the record, I don't think Muchi Muchi Pork will ever see a port. The game is just too quirky, even for the Japanese market.

Although I do love the game :).

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
OMG OMG! Very soon I will have a Japanese X360 ^__^ I'm very surprised at how many shooters and arcade games are coming to XBOX.

thamasha69

n00b
Wow!
I have a U.S. Xbox360 and it is unlikely the disks will be region free....however, I have no problem picking up a JP 360 w/ Ketsui, DDP DOJ BL, *Death Smiles* for way less than the going rate for one of these pcb's. I have a supergun and would love pcb's of these games, but ~$900 for Ketsui, $3000+ for DOJ BL and ~$1200 for Deathsmiles....I might as well get the JP 360 and a new tv lol.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I'd like to play this, but I don't think any game will convince me by another 360. 2 shitty systems that broke was enough for me.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
I'm not so sure about there not being a region free release.

As I've mentioned before, if you're outside of Japan, what you should be rooting for most is an Asia Region release... A very large percentage of Asian release 360 games are region free, and it's not just small titles. Gears of War, Soul Calibur 4, Saints Row, Ninja Gaiden II.... all region free.

Not only are they region free, but they're $49 bucks!

So an Asian release, assuming it's a full priced SKU (which, let's be honest, it won't be... but let me have a cool point!) would most likely be region free and most likely be cheaper than a US release.

Kiken

Camel Slug
I'm not so sure about there not being a region free release.

As I've mentioned before, if you're outside of Japan, what you should be rooting for most is an Asia Region release... A very large percentage of Asian release 360 games are region free, and it's not just small titles. Gears of War, Soul Calibur 4, Saints Row, Ninja Gaiden II.... all region free.

Not only are they region free, but they're $49 bucks!

So an Asian release, assuming it's a full priced SKU (which, let's be honest, it won't be... but let me have a cool point!) would most likely be region free and most likely be cheaper than a US release.

An Asian release is no way guarantees a region-free release. If the version from the country of origin was region locked, then the Asian version normally is as well.

Out of the titles you listed above, all of the North American releases were region free. In fact, more than 80% of NA X-Box 360 games are region free. Japanese 360 games, on the other hand, are almost always region locked.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
An Asian release is no way guarantees a region-free release. If the version from the country of origin was region locked, then the Asian version normally is as well.

Out of the titles you listed above, all of the North American releases were region free. In fact, more than 80% of NA X-Box 360 games are region free. Japanese 360 games, on the other hand, are almost always region locked.

I'm not sure if you're being accurate. I'm not saying an Asian release guarantees region free. I'm saying the chances of it being region free are better. The Asian region, as you've said, doesn't always agree with the 'originating' release...

Too Human
US Release, Region Lock
Asian Release, Unlocked

Civ Revolutions
US Release, Region Lock
Asian Release, Unlocked

Top Spin 3
US Release, Region Locked (us and europe)
Asian Release, Unlocked

That said, yeah, you're right. I think like 90% of the Japanese releases are not region free, and a Japanese exclusive is almost always locked.

Which is sorta my point, y'know? That people should, short of a US release, be pulling for an Asian release on the off chance it'll be region unlocked - because the Japanese release sure as hell won't be.

Scientifically it's like this - Chances of Being Region Free:

US: Better than Asian (but who cares?).
Asian: Better than Japanese.
Japan: Better than None.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Not a big fan of Death Smiles, but cool news anyhow.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
The chance of any of these Cave games being region free I think is slim to none, even considering they get an Asian release.

Just wishful thinking on everyone's part who doesn't own a Japanese 360.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Considering how much Cave boards continue to demand, I don't think a JP 360 system is really too much of an investment if you wanna rock these games. Of course, it would be damned nice if you didn't have to resort to that.

I may just have to grab one. BTW, did they ever fix Raiden Fighters Aces? I heard it had issues that demanded a patch.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
BTW, did they ever fix Raiden Fighters Aces? I heard it had issues that demanded a patch.

Yup, the patch was released like a week ago. From what I've seen, it looks like all of the issues have been fixed. They even added some new options/interface improvements too.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
FUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK I needs me some Raiden ... :crying: