Spectre's Shockbox MVS Inserts

trebormills

Quiz Detective
Good stuff! I'd stick to the "standard" layout if I were you, if you have any ambition of other people using your inserts. I started off trying to give my inserts a more unique look, but have now abandoned the idea (mostly because I'm never going to make an insert for every mvs game I buy and I want them to have a consistant look on my shelf) and reworked everything I've done.

I can hook you up with my templates if you like? :)

Thanks for feedback

Templates offer...yeah that could be cool..... I did come across some on "big bears???" website...well some insert page anyway.

PSD format??? God I love Photoshop

PS
i will be doing inserts for myself for every game I have a shock for.....like the garou look the most myself. However will use layers to allow on off switching of "proper" layout and mine. How i did white/black version of garou btw. Will have option of doing grey(yuck)/black/white backgrounds.

Of course with all that cash rolling in ill be laughing
:lol:

Spectre

Banned
Hi folks, had a request for a couple of my inserts which aren't on southtown. To be honest I've never got round to sorting out any hosting for them, so...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/souperjim/

You can currently find my Breaker's Revenge and Double Dragon inserts here. I'll also be uploading all of my other inserts here in the next few days and also letting southtown know so that they can grab 'em.

Update: All my MVS inserts are now uploaded, have emailed Dan at Southtown so hopefully they should appear there too soon.

Last edited:

Spectre

Banned
Decathlete ST-V insert added!

stv_decathlete_t.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/souperjim/

Spectre

Banned
Thanks buddy, glad to hear someone else getting some use out of 'em! :)

Purikura Daisakusen STV finished:-
stv_purikura_t.jpg

Now up on my lycos page, will get southtown to add it at somepoint too.

Last edited:

Spectre

Banned
:D

I've tweaked it a bit to get it to fit my cases, not sure if the ones I'm using are smaller? I bought ten sealed copies of nhl96 on ebay, they're ntsc genesis and it's by ea sports so I thought I had the right ones, but I found other people's inserts slightly oversized, spine area too big etc. I've also extended the stv colour bar at the top as it was so thin when I printed some I was in danger of cutting it off when trimming the inserts!

Anyway the carts fit fine and the cases close so I've not worried about it too much. Have got quite a few other stv inserts lined up, winter heat, die hard arcade, virtua fighter remix...