My new monitor!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Finally got the Mitsubishi XC-3715 in the house today. Cost me $85 AUD

It was bought in 1987 and then sold to the previous owner in 1989. Since then it was used as a standard tv so for 90% of its life it hasnt been used in a work enviroment. Obviously the quality isnt 100% as it's over 20 years old but it's still looking good.

Weigh's 100KG's and it took me and my father to get it up two flights of stairs. Now both our backs are quite fucked and my hands have no grip. But hell was it worth it. This will be the monitor I'm using for arcade PCB's later on.

Some pics! Dreamcast!

EDIT: forgot to add, this is via S-VIDEO. RGB will look heaps better as it wont be going through a 20 year old video processor and comb filter. There's still a lot of calibrating that could be done to get the picture just right though.

Also came with its service manual with all schematics etc.

2u78snq.jpg

1z2ovit.jpg

6t1eth.jpg

Fuck yeah!

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
so it has rgb scart input?

Has 2 x composite, 1 x s-video, RGB H/comp sync and V sync BNC connectors, DB15 RGB input adn a DB9 TTL RGB input.

Internal speakers and ability to output to speakers as well.

This is far much more like an arcade monitor than just a tv with SCART RGB.

It can auto sync from 15-36khz on RGB.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I have a mitsubishi megaview pro 27 and it's awesome! I love these presentation monitors. I run a naomi gd-rom setup on mine as it takes the audio and video right off the mobo, and autosyncs for easy switching between games that look better in low or high res. Nice monitors, imo. Mine is only 27", but I've seen 33, 42, and 50 inch versions on craigslist for pretty cheap. Most people seem happy just to have someone pick these big ass monitors up and get them out of their house, lol.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have a mitsubishi megaview pro 27 and it's awesome! I love these presentation monitors. I run a naomi gd-rom setup on mine as it takes the audio and video right off the mobo, and autosyncs for easy switching between games that look better in low or high res. Nice monitors, imo. Mine is only 27", but I've seen 33, 42, and 50 inch versions on craigslist for pretty cheap. Most people seem happy just to have someone pick these big ass monitors up and get them out of their house, lol.

Just the thought of having the Neo on this thing makes me excited. This is going to be the shit!

It was hell moving the damn thing. I cant imagine anything bigger.

At the moment I'm modding a NES case for my supergun. I've got the PSU and fan put in, just need to wire up some controller ports and get a JAMMA harness. I'll post pics soon !

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Just the thought of having the Neo on this thing makes me excited. This is going to be the shit!

It was hell moving the damn thing. I cant imagine anything bigger.

lol, I didn't like moving mine. Needed 2 people and it's only 27 inches. Heavy as shit though. I was just happy it fit in the back seat once I drove the 2 hours to see it, lol.

edit: supergun in a nes case?...should be cool. I put a dreamcast to jamma hookup in a nes case a while back. They work well. Can't wait to see it :)

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
lol, I didn't like moving mine. Needed 2 people and it's only 27 inches. Heavy as shit though. I was just happy it fit in the back seat once I drove the 2 hours to see it, lol.

edit: supergun in a nes case?...should be cool. I put a dreamcast to jamma hookup in a nes case a while back. They work well. Can't wait to see it :)

I had no idea how big this thing was going to be until the day I picked it up. Pictures are good but it's really hard to tell the actual size. I was going to put this thing in my girlfriends hatch but when my dad rocked up he had a trailer ready to go. Thank fuck he did! sure as hell wasn't going to fit in a hatch.

Yeah, my cutting skills are pretty shocking but that's alright, the only cutting I have to do is for the fan. Everything else is relatively round so a drill is sufficient.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was playing around with the monitor last night and I found that when it displayed a white screen, something in the back was hissing? the tone changes slightly and it sometimes dissapears on dark screens but it just doesn't sound right.

Could it be a cap that needs replacing?

Okay, just did a search and found some very useful information. I think the EHT might be leaking? the picture it completely stable, normal. The only discoloration I have is in the lower right hand corner that doesnt go away with the auto and manual degause.

I have seen some of toddyy's posts and I think the next step it to check the anode cap or even discharge the monitor. Would rather not but hey.

Anyone else know what it could be?

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Are you sure its not just the normal 15khz squeal you often get out of old monitors/TV's? Stuffed caps can squeal, but I'd expect you'd be having problems with the TV if one was damaged to that extent.

I'm not sure why you've put a fan into your supergun, its completely unnecessary.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Are you sure its not just the normal 15khz squeal you often get out of old monitors/TV's? Stuffed caps can squeal, but I'd expect you'd be having problems with the TV if one was damaged to that extent.

I'm not sure why you've put a fan into your supergun, its completely unnecessary.

Well this is while playing a PS2. But yeah that's what I thought. The picture is actually, really good except for some magnetic interferance.

The fan was put in there because the ATX PSU has one and I thought, why not carry it over.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I ended up giving this away for free about 12 months after I got it to a guy who brought a single wheel trolley and his 5 year old son expecting to be able to move it down 2 flights of stairs. Needless to say he brought actual help on another day. I kinda regret getting rid of this, hindsight tis a bitch.

No I do not have the service manual... nor did I have the presence of mind then to save it.