Van der Vaart to Real Madrid

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Looks to me like this may be the team to win the Champions League this year.

Tetsuo

New Challenger
Not with Sneijder injured imo. He's the main man in the midfield who feeds the forwards with some briljant passes and is able to shoot a few in from all angles outside the box himself.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not with Sneijder injured imo. He's the main man in the midfield who feeds the forwards with some briljant passes and is able to shoot a few in from all angles outside the box himself.

Sneijder will be out for how long? Not even half the season. Reports on his injury have been favorable to the extent of time missed. Sneijder is really good, but with VDV, the hit has been softened.

Tetsuo

New Challenger
Yeah both are very skilled players and we are lucky to have them for our national side. I remember them when they both still played for Ajax and the coach had the opinion they couldn't play in the same team at the same time. How wrong he was! The Hamburg side call him 'van der verrat' (traitor) now. But they are lucky they could sell him now for 13 mil instead of next year when they would only get 1.3. for the transfer. Let's hope he adjusts to the Madrid play fast and they could have a great season :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah both are very skilled players and we are lucky to have them for our national side. I remember them when they both still played for Ajax and the coach had the opinion they couldn't play in the same team at the same time. How wrong he was! The Hamburg side call him 'van der verrat' (traitor) now. But they are lucky they could sell him now for 13 mil instead of next year when they would only get 1.3. for the transfer. Let's hope he adjusts to the Madrid play fast and they could have a great season :)

He does have Robben and RVN there already, who he has experience playing with, so that's a bit of a head start. This could also mean great things for Drenthe, who will be playing with a lot of national team players. It's a great move all around.