Beckenbauer's harsh words for Lahm and Schweinsteiger

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=776033
franz said:
The club president has been greatly impressed with what he has seen of new trainer Jürgen Klinsmann and the changes he has implemented at the club since taking over from Ottmar Hitzfeld.

“I have full trust in him” Beckenbauer revealed in Welt Kompakt. “The way he has started with us, his concepts and ideas have greatly impressed the board. He has our 100% support.

“I just hope that the players follow his example and are able to support his new ideas” he added.

Despite his obvious admiration for Klinsmann, Beckenbauer couldn’t resist the chance to have a go at some of the so-called Bayern stars.

“Every single player has to strive to improve themselves individually. It cannot be for example that a Philipp Lahm or a Bastian Schweinsteiger- and I’m talking about two key players- can go five years and still not be able to cross a ball with their left foot.

“The team needs that. It also needs a decent goalkeeper” he added.

Those are words that will not exactly fill Oliver Kahn’s successor Michael Rensing with a huge amount of self-confidence.

lol, harsh words from the legendary left back.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Well if its true that can't cross a ball with their left foot then he ain't to harsh, I know he ain't going to saying anything bad about Jose Sosa :lolz:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Beckenbauer said the same after the Euro match against Croatia and it still doesn't make sense.

So he likes what Klinsmann does? First thing old Klinsi did was to put Buddah statues on the corners of the roof of the training camp... and now the "team magic" starts, bah, I hate neo-esoteric "alternative methods" bullshit like that.

Klinsmann was a very dependable player and I liked him for that but IMO he's 101% overrated as a coach.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Klinsmann was a very dependable player and I liked him for that but IMO he's 101% overrated as a coach.

Thats not true he's somewhat decent if he wasn't Germany would have never made 3rd place and would have left a lot earlier.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Thats not true he's somewhat decent if he wasn't Germany would have never made 3rd place and would have left a lot earlier.

It was always Löw who did all the technical work before and during WC 2k6 while Klinsmann was mainly responsible for the general direction (team setup), motivation and press contacts.

So, without LÖW, we would have been kicked out of WC 2k6 in the first round already, not Klinsmann.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
It was always Löw who did all the technical work before and during WC 2k6 while Klinsmann was mainly responsible for the general direction (team setup), motivation and press contacts.

So, without LÖW, we would have been kicked out of WC 2k6 in the first round already, not Klinsmann.

I have a hard time believing Low did everything and Klinsmann did nothing. Sorry but that can't be completely true.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I don't say Klinsmann did nothing, he just was not as important as some people made him to be. Klinsmann is a very good motivator and has a hand for tactical setups, he also knows international football quite well due to his own experiences as a player.

But - the technical training and hard work was always Löw's job but he never got the praises he deserved until Euro 2k8.

The fact that Beckenbauer praises Klinsmann's new "modern methods" bullshit while bashing on Schweini and Lahm is too much for me. Football is no children's birthday party or esoteric circle, it's all about tactics, clever ideas and hard work, not so much Buddah statues and we-are-all-friends babble.

Ah well, I hate Bayern München anyway, let them have their psycho crap, I don't give a damn.